“Outstanding bike tour”

French Mystique Bike Tours
Ranked #53 of 148 Outdoor Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the only bike tour company in Paris offering biking day trips into the countryside near Paris. Get off the beaten path on a biking day trip from Paris to see beautiful chateaux and medieval towns, biking on quiet country roads through the rural French countryside and passing through charming, unknown centuries old villages. You can see major destinations such as Chartres, Provins and Monet's House and Gardens in Giverny among other destinations while also experiencing completely off the beaten path places that no other tourist (and many French people, including my wife) have ever seen. This is a totally unique biking experience. We also offer biking tours in Paris and all our Paris tours are custom tailored to our client's needs. There are no planned itineraries for our Paris tours so they are always unique. See the main tourist sites and attractions or go on an off the beaten path adventure and visit sites no other tourist sees. You can also do a mix of major sites and off the beaten path exploring. Whatever you choose your bike tour with us will be one of your most memorable experiences of your trip to Paris.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We too had some plans affected by the train strike, but fortunately not our day with Bruce. We took the train from Paris to near Giverny, then biked a short distance to Monet's estate and spent an hour or so touring the gardens and home. The grounds were amazing. You immediately recognize the source of the water lilies and gardens in so many of his paintings. Then we biked along a perfectly laid out and paved bike path some 30k to the town of Gisors where we caught the return train to Paris.

The route was mostly level to slightly rolling as we passed farms, small villages and several friendly locals out for their strolls. Beautiful scenery including multiple fields where brilliant poppies grew among the crops and often just a field of poppies were along the way.

We had a short picnic break and a quick coffee at an old mill that is now a lodge/restaurant.

We saw medieval castles and toured the renovated fortress at Gisors. It was a great experience.

Bruce is a knowledgeable and very entertaining guide. We won't hesitate to take another trip with him again.

1  Thank 760bobp
in 7 reviews
"route"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Although I didn't get to go on the trip that I had originally wanted (Pierrefronds) due to a train strike Bruce made sure that I wasn't disappointed. Bruce was very thorough in giving me directions from my hotel to his town where I met up with him to begin my tour along the Marne River. He was a delightful tour guide, easy to talk to and provided many interesting cultural points along the way. The Marne River was serene and more fascinating that I imagined. Bruce was attentive and helpful when I took a little spill (entirely my fault). He made sure to help me obtain bandages and antiseptic ointment at the end of the tour. It would have been helpful to know how the French treat bikers as it is so different in the states. It would have put me more at ease among the traffic, especially as I'm very skittish when it comes to biking along cars at home. The French are so much more respectful to bikers. I do wish that he had additional options for solo travelers. I didn't mind my solo tour but it would have great to have the option to join another person, two people or small group. I highly recommend Bruce and his Marne Tour. I will absolutely take another tour the next time and keep my fingers crossed that nothing prevents me from exploring more of the countryside.

2  Thank ElsieBean
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I are in Paris for only three days, I found Bruce's website through Google, and I am so glad I did! We spent a half day with Bruce today along the Marne River and it was marvelous. He is very organized and accommodating; he knows enough history to make it very interesting, but the majority of time was spent riding and that's what we wanted. It is a non-touristy activity and a wonderful way to enjoy lovely parts of France that you might not otherwise see.

1  Thank tootski
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had a great day with Bruce on a bike tour taking us to Vaux le Vicomte, various other chateaus, charming villages, and wide open countrysides. OMG - the sheer beauty of it all! It was literally breathtaking. Bruce accommodated my wish to spend extra time at Vaux le Vicomte and anywhere else I wanted to stop to just enjoy the view or take photos. Since it was only me on the tour, the cost was considerable, but without a doubt, I would do it again and again. The memories I have from the tour will last me a lifetime. If you wish to *experience* the French countryside, French Mystique Bike Tours are a must! One word of caution, after 5 hours of biking, my legs felt like jelly (the tour is designated: easy to moderate), so be rested and have a strong coffee prior to the trip. You will love every moment of it.

2  Thank Traveladventura
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I took the Chantilly to Senlis tour with Bruce in February - it turned out to be the highlight of our week in Paris. Everything was organized perfectly, creating a superb experience from the time we met at the bike shop (where our bikes were ready and waiting for us) to a wonderful lunch in a medieval park, returning back to Paris in the late afternoon.

Along the way we saw sprawling polo grounds, locals working in community gardens, humble chapels to grand cathedrals, and ancient Roman fortifications. Our path included a ride through the streets of Paris (from the bike shop to the train station), dirt paths among charming neighborhoods, and authentic cobblestone avenues.

Bruce is the ultimate host, giving brief overviews of the areas we visited, accommodating requests, and ensuring everything goes smoothly. If you're looking for a way to experience life in the French countryside and small towns, this is the ticket.

3  Thank bugmonster