I stayed five nights. Excellent, helpful staff (except see below re one minor item). A very convenient lounge (where they serve breakfast) where my colleagues and I could bring wine and cheese and snacks and relax at the end of the day before going out for dinner. Excellent location there in the 6th arrondissement a two minute walk to Montparnasse (and the Metro)--what people think of when they think of Paris--beautiful architecture, sidewalk cafes and restaurants, shops, also monoprix-type minimarts, wine stores, etc. My room on the 5th floor had a small balcony one could go out on with a glass of wine. (But my colleagues, who were directly below, did not.) Perfect for May, when I went there for a university conference. In January I had stayed a week in Paris for work and was installed in a slightly more upscale hotel a short walk from the Arc de Triomphe. I like the Hotel Royal and its neighborhood much better.
Being a 3-star hotel in the middle of Paris, the rooms are cramped (yet hardly inexpensive). Hard to navigate around the two twin beds in my room. But, as I was reminded by other reviews, there was indeed a nice little wardrobe/closet with useful shelves and hangers. The bathroom was modern, yes, but not too well installed. The shower head fell off and I had to re-screw it on, not totally successfully since I had no tools. I had reported it was loose, two different staff members made notes about it but no one from the hotel ever did anything about it. Since it worked passably I let it go, mostly because the staff were otherwise so stellar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Royal Saint-Germain is perfectly located in the heart of Paris-Left bank between Saint-Germain-des-Pres and Montparnasse, a few steps away from Luxembourg garden and the Latin Quarter. Our 44 personalized and comfortable rooms are air-conditioned and equipped with a free access WIFI. Our superior rooms were entirely renovated in 2008 to offer you even more charm and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Royal Saint Germain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Saint Germain Hotel
- Royal Saint Germain Paris