“Great Hotel”

Hotel Cecilia Arc De Triomphe
Ranked #194 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Myself and My Wife really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Cecilia. The location is Excellent. The Staff are Excellent. Rooms were clean and tidy (Exceeded our expectations on size as well). Value for money its really hard to go past.

1 Thank Kurt H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Waterford, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband, two adult children, and I visited Paris May 7 through 11, 2014. We had an excellent time and were extremely happy at Hotel Cecilia. The hotel staff was extremely attentive and spoke English (which was very much appreciated). The rooms were very nice and the bathrooms were very large and up to date. You must pay extra and reserve a room with a balcony. Noise is not an issue. The view is worth it. Breakfast was very good and had plenty of options. We couldn't have picked a hotel with a better location and we enjoyed several restaurants in the area. It was a little bit of a walk, but we did walk to the Eiffel Tower one night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brenda L
Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is just lovely, and in a perfect location for exploring Paris - nearby Metro stop, great restaurants, shopping, and access to the Air France shuttle bus to airports. Our room had a balcony, with views of the Arc De Triomphe and although overlooking busy Rue Mac Mahon, when the doors were closed, very quiet. Nice breakfast included. Wonderful, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Balcony room was lovely. Bed was full sized, so you may want to request a larger one for 2 people.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank capepurr
Westlake Village, California
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed at Hotel a Cecilia for four nights in May 2014. Our stay was very comfortable and we would return in a second. Being our first time to Paris, we found the location exceptional. Seeing the Arc de Triomphe from our balcony was beautiful. Further, we could walk everywhere over to Champs Élysées, to the Eiffel Tower and even to Notre Dame. Also an excellent restaurant, Chez Gabrielle is within walking distance. The morning breakfast is cold, meats, cheeses, croissants, yogurt and fruit. Great start for our morning each day. The staff was wonderful and the rates for Paris exceptional. Lovely hotel, highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 52 is exceptional!
1 Thank Lisa B
HQ:Finland
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at Hotel Cécilia for two nights. I wish I could praise the place as I had high expectations but compared to many other small hotels I have stayed at, I was not entirely satisfied.

The location can't be beat. It is only a 2 minutes walk away from the Air France bus stop and the nearest metro stop. Avenue Mac-Mahon is a busy street so street-side rooms may be a bit noisy (although they seem to offer nice views towards L'Arc de Triomphe).

The hotel's common area is very old world vintage and totally charming. The front desk staff are courteous enough but not exactly friendly. The odd thing is that you have to leave your key at the front desk when you leave and no one checks your identity when you ask for a room key.

I stayed at a single room on the fifth floor with a courtyard view. The room was clean and a bit spartan. The flooring is wood/wood laminate which is a blessing for people with allergies.The bathroom was one of the best I've ever seen in a small hotel: spacious and modern with good amenities. However, sleep quality, which is very important to me, was one of the worst I've ever had. The hotel is very quiet but my bed was rock-hard and it had small wheels underneath it so every time I turned or even moved a little, the bed would sway. I woke up every single time I changed position. Also, there was no duvet, just a blanket and sheet combo. I also found black strands of hair in my sheets when I first arrived at the hotel. Yuck. The rest of my stay my room and the bed were spotless so it must've been a temporary glitch in the quality control.

Also, the weird thing about the room was that even though there were light switches right next to the bed, you could not turn all the lights off from there. One of the ceiling lights would stubbornly stay on so I had to walk to turn off the switch next to the door and then navigate back to my bed in the darkness.

The breakfast buffet was ok but the choices were a little limited. The staff at the breakfast room were very friendly and efficient, and put up with my terrible French very cheerfully.

As I said, I would have loved to praise this hotel but I just can't. I stay almost exclusively at small hotels and know what kind of amenities they have but Hotel Cécilia just didn't measure up. I would have hoped for better sleep quality and friendlier service, especially from the front desk. In short, everything looks good but unfortunately in this case looks really are a bit deceiving.

Room Tip: Take a room facing the courtyard if you're a light sleeper and stay away from the single rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank TravellingDuck
Tauranga
Reviewed 17 May 2014

What a location - close to everything and exactly as previous reviewers have relayed. The rooms are large (by Paris standards), clean and well equipped. Breakfast was just as one would expect in Europe with a good assortment of cereals, fruit, breads, cheeses and cold meats and importantly as much coffee or tea as one could wish for.
The staff were the standout - we stayed for 10 days and everyone we met was pleasant and nothing was too much trouble.
We would certainly recommend this hotel and will stay there again when next in Paris

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front and look out from your balcony to the Arc de Triomphe.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tgatraveller
Washington, DC
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a fabulous weekend stay at the Hotel Cecilia. We appreciated the excellent service from Stanley at the front desk, as well as the comfortable rooms and breakfast. Our room was ready when we arrived (even though a bit earlier than the designated check-in time), and everything was extremely neat and clean. Additionally, the hotel is well located - near many restaurants and of course great sites of Paris. I strongly recommend the hotel without any hesitation.

2 Thank Jetsetter_in_DC