“Good location”

Ranked #771 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Good location”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I liked the Marais area. The helpful staff ( I dont remember the names, sorry). The rooms are quite small but I didn't feel oppressed. Good value for money. I will certainly return next time I go back to Paris.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Beatriz M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A small but very accessible hotel within a stones throw from the Notre Dame Cathedral. (Better be a big stone but perfect location anyway!) We walked backwards, forwards and sideways from here and loved all the cafes, boulangeries, chocolate shops!!! and restaurants nearby.
Very tiny lifts within and very small bedrooms but location outweighs all those so we were very happy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank kaybee57
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel is in a brilliant position in the Marais.Close to Metro and good bus service.
Walking distance to many of important Cultural sites including Louvre and Picasso Museum and Jewish Museum'.
Very pleasant and helpful staff.
Rooms are small but that's Paris.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Judith H
São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have just returned from another perfect stay at the Hotel Paris Rivoli. They have accommodated me from the 24th through the 29th of April 2014, for the third time in the past four years. Paris was the last leg of na extented trip to Europe, in particular to Portugal and Spain where I stayed in 4 or 5 stars hotels. Quite honestly, I must say that whilst those hotels offered top services and installations, I never quite experienced a "homey" feeling. Everything was far too perfect, too professional, too staged, the smiles never reaching the eyes... At the Paris Rivoli, however, I found myself as close to home as possible. The location is perfect, with the Hotel De Ville, the Notre Dame, the metro St. Paul and the heart of splendid Marais at your doorstep. My room and bathroom were clean and spacious - wonder in Paris - and towels were changed daily. There is an individual air conditioner and a frigobar, both of which work very well. I wish to thank Monique, François and Houcine for making me feel welcome and for their numerous tips which made my stay even more delicious. After having been merely another cliente to a top hotel in Portugal and Spain it was a special bônus to be called by my name each morning, accompanied by a hearty smile. The Marais is my place in Paris, with its history, architecture, museums, the quaint shops and oh so much more. In my next visit to Paris, the Hotel Paris Rivoli will be my place to stay and I so strongly recommend this hotel to all Paris visitors.

Room Tip: If available, it would be best to stayon the 3rd. floor with a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank Kadisha
Chico, California
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My sister and I stayed here for 4 nights and would definitely stay here again when we visit Paris. The rooms are simple and somewhat small but clean and comfortable. We had two twin beds, a desk, a small refrigerator, a wardrobe and a small balcony. We were located on the 4th floor right on Rue du Rivoli so there was traffic noise but if you closed the windows the room was quite quiet. The location is ideal! We came from the Gare du Nord and took the Metro to St. Paul stop and it was a short walk to the hotel. We met 4 different staff members and they were very helpful, printing directions to various places and recommending places to eat. There is a wonderful Thai restaurant right around the corner. You can walk to all the major sights or take the Metro or bus. Right across the street is the #69 bus that takes you to the Louvre or Orsay museums. Bus #29 takes you to the Opera House area or to Gare St. Lazare to take the train to Vernon to visit Monet's Gardens. It's incredibly convenient. As previously mentioned by others, there are no tea and coffee making facilities in the room but they provided a kettle and cups upon request. We brought tea and coffee with us and bought water. The breakfast is nice for the price - ham, cheese, croissants, hard boiled eggs, rolls, juices, fruit, cereal and your choice of beverage. The service is welcoming and the breakfast setting is pleasant. The staff makes you feel so welcome. They are very helpful and accommodating and speak English well. They had no problem storing luggage for us and calling a taxi if needed. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We loved having a room that faced the Rue du Rivoli but bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper as...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank ChicoKat
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed here with my husband for a short 3 day stay in Paris. The staff were polite, attentive and helpful. The room was well decorated and fulfilled all of our requirements. The hotel was is a quiet location just off the main streets and within walking distance to the Louvre and other Paris landmarks. We found our stay here excellent value for money and would want to stay here again if we visited Paris.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Pixxiecat
Glasgow,Scotland
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This the second time I have used this hotel and again I was not disappointed, a friendly welcome from the staff when arriving, the room was clean, plenty of space. I love the location of this Hotel plenty of shops and restaurants and close to a Metro so sightseeing no problems. Will use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends