“Fine for sleeping!”

Hotel Bristol Republique
Ranked #1,702 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Having spent the worst night ever in hostel nearby, Hotel Bristol was more than satisfactory. We didn't pre-book having checked out of our previous accommodation and walking to find this hotel nearby. We paid 66 euros a night for the two of us which didn't include wifi or breakfast so was definitely a little pricey for what it was but it did the job. Incredibly close to the metro and there was a wonderful patisserie opposite the hotel, which had a lovely lady serving and we stopped there each morning. Our room was facing the street but with the window shut the noise was okay. We stayed in August too and while there was no air-con, the room wasn't stuffy. Beds were pretty decent but this was really just a place where we slept after being out all day so that was probably why. Would stay here again if it was just a short city break visiting friends/the sites to see. Not bad but not amazing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Katie H
There are newer reviews for Hotel Bristol Republique

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This hotel was average. For the positives, it is very near a metro stop and the train stations, has lots of shops nearby and is only about twenty minutes walk from the Seine. The room was fine, the bed was comfy. Breakfast was good. However, it is quite overpriced for what it is. The bathroom had no lock on the door, there was no curtain for the window/door in the bathroom and the shower wasn't attached to the wall.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2013

First thing we saw was a bloke p***ing right in front of us in the street in broad daylight, which prepared us for the quality of the hotel. At 80 EUROS per night this is overpriced, drunks out til 4pm shouting so between them and the mice or rats in the crawlspaces i got no sleep. Breakfast is a hard bread roll and a croissant which was actually ok. Decor is really p**s poor - no bracket for the shower - and as I write this I am itching having suspected that I've been bitten by mites. Very good location but not worth the savings for the budget stay. Look elsewhere...or stay out in the street with the homeless drunks and make a night of it.

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank Ritch77
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This has to be one of the worst 'hotels' in europe, yes its cheap but its utterly utterly awful I can only presume that the cleaner, who incidentally bust into the room in the morning while I was trying to take a shower (bloody difficult as no shower holder) spends at least three hours chain smoking cheap fags to ensure that the room smells like a tramp's hat, she certainly doesn't do anything vaguely close to cleaning, the room was filthy. The bed smelt of urine and the towels are at least 80 years old. The lift didn't work, I was interrogated by the night porter who also smelt of pee because I dared to return to the pit after 10 pm, all in all I would have had a better stay if I had slept on the pavement and given the cash i gave the 'hotel' bristol republique to a fat bloke to repeatedly kick me in the face throughout the night. Please, don't waste your time and money on this miserable excuse of a place to stay

Room Tip: there are good rooms in other hotels
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank jtotheotothep
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Good location, my room, 59 had horrible views to the inside of the buildings. Strong smell of cigarettes and people could smoke on the landing, right by my door. Everything was just decadent but ok to stay on a safe and good location. Breakfast was just bread, croissants and butter and marge. I am vegan so not much for me... :) Still it wasnt that bad, but not romantic or anything like that.

Room Tip: Avoid the inside rooms, mine was 59 and was not too good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed at Bristol Republique for 1 night during my New 2013 Year European trip - I had 16 hr stopover and took that opportunity to visit my friends in Paris. I spent only 7 hours in the hotel - arrived at 10 pm after dinner with my friends and left at 5 am (I had a morning plane).

Pros:
- Brilliant location - 200 m from Republique metro station.
- En-suite clean room. As for wi-fi, I really don't remember. Maybe they had.

Cons:
- They don't have sound proof in the rooms - you hear absolutely everything from your neighbors, corridor and from the street - there are many bars nearby, drunk people loudly cry at night!
- There are many homeless people who sleep close to the hotel in Rue de Malte. They drink and often cry at night!!
- Non-refundable fare for a single stay was 55 Eu, overpriced I think!

For your information:
There is another hotel at Rue de Malte, it's called Hibiscus, they provide with the same conditions because ... Bristol Republique and Hibiscus are twin hotels, they belong to the same owners, I think to Indian origins.

Resume:
This is my personal opinion - it's good to stay there for 1 night, no more.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2013

stayed for weekend in Paris, good lacation , close to place of Republique and metro station. Room extremely small, no space for baggage. room clean. Nice and safe area around, even during the night. Intresting bistro on the corner

Room Tip: all rooms are very small
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple