Grand Hotel Nouvel Opera
  • Room Service
Anya Hotel(Paris)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssmall wardrobespoke good englishmain attractionsbastillecafesbedside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was urgently looking for the hotel to stay during the day to have a rest.
I had a special need and it was very difficult to find the hotel to make an early check-in as a day use. Fortunatelly I found GRAND HOTEL NOUVEL OPERA, with a very interesting rate for the room, and especially BIG THANKS to HAKIM, the day receptionist, who were really so helpful by phone by making the reservation. He was very professional and did the best to satisfy the needs I asked. Well done. I came to make check in, I payed, it was very easy, very fast. The hotel seems to be clean, the rooms are for Parisians dimensions standard, not very big, but to have a nice rest for a cheap price, ideal. The bed was comfortable. The only recommendation, to find the solution to put to shower gel and shampoo directly to the bath, as a holder... not on the sink, as it is now... But it is just the detail.
In every case, I was very satisfy and I can confirm that I had a very nice general impression of the hotel. I already begun to recommend it as it is very rare to find this kind of hotel next to Bastille, for such a cheap price and with a great staff. I definitely come back soon. Thanks to Hakim once again as without his kindness I would never come/know the hotel. Wished all the receptionists were kind as him

Room Tip: The one on the court side as it is was very calm. But in another hand I believe the rooms by the street side, have a better view...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Visited this hotel passed weekend, for the price it has - it is quite good. It is true that the rooms are very small and the corridors are very narrow. But what is more important everything is clean. The location is near 3 metro station, also - 10 minute walk from Place de Bastille and Gare De Lyon. Carrefour is located very near the hotel, so if you need something - it is open till 23.00. Actually really enjoyed this hotel to spend a weekend in Paris.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heartswap
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just back after 3 nights in this hotel. Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpfull. Location is okay, about 10/15mins walk to Bastille metro. Room was very clean on arrival and had been recently decorated. (Strong smell of paint) There was no safe in our room (despite room description) and the hair dryer didn't work. Room was quite small but this is normal for Paris. Black out curtains were very effective and once you closed the window, noise was minimal. Wifi was free and fairly quick once you worked out how to use it! No tea/coffee facilities in the room but there was a cafe 30 seconds away on the right which served lovely coffee's from early. In summary, certainly not The Ritz but good value for Paris, €180 for 3 nights. I would actually stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bargainman
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My sister and I stayed here in February for 3 nights and for the price, we loved it. It is very conveniently located close to a metro stop and surrounded by nice bakeries and restaurants. The neighborhood is really nice, we felt equally comfortable there in the early morning (4am) and late at night as we did during the day. The rooms are small, but they are perfect if all your planning on doing is sleeping in the room and spending the day out and about. The receptionists were either very nice or ambivalent. The rooms are very clean and the bed was plenty comfortable. Overall, I recommend it. The price you're paying is great for the location.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing the street. Lovely view but the noise can be a lot when the window is open. Otherwise all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank claudia h
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I am not sure if this is common thing with the hotels in paris, but this was possibly the smallest room I have ever stayed in, definitely not as advertised . The room sizes were like 10ftX10ft.

But the bed was comfy and good, all basic facilities were available in the bathroom.

Location was really good, check-in staff speaks good english and are really helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo