The good: reasonably priced, as expected from the Ibis chain. The size of the room was nice, with a king size bed and nice closet. The bathroom was also large for French standards. The breakfast was fine for me, with fresh baguettes everyday (although some fresh fruit would be nice). Check-in and check-out was no trouble, really fast. Location is the best, with many subway stations nearby and all sorts of restaurants, cafés and supermarkets.
The bad: each of the two wings of the hotel has one (really) small elevator, also used for service. So, if housekeeping is using it, you will have to take the stairs, because there’s no space for two people and a cart. Also, the noise: I don’t remember ever being in a hotel with so much noise from inside the building. Street noises are expected, but waking up to people screaming, banging doors and turning on noisy hairdryers before 8am wasn’t nice. Also, there was no safe in the room. They say there are safes available in the front desk, but I tried and they didn’t have any left. Since there’s a warning in the elevator saying that there are robberies happening in hotels, and you should make sure that your doors is closed and that you’re watching your belongings during breakfast, I wasn’t too happy to leave money and passport in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Grands Boulevards Opera hotel is located in the centre of Paris, close to the Opera Garnier, the Folies Bergeres, the Musee Grevin, the Drouot auction rooms, the big department stores and the Grands Boulevards. The Gare Saint Lazare is 1 km from the hotel. It has 104 air-conditioned rooms with Wifi Internet access. A bar, snacks 24/24 and public closed outdoor pay parking are at your disposal. There is a restaurant close to the hotel. Pets accepted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Paris Grands Boulevards Opera 9eme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Grands Boulevards Opera Hotel Paris
- Ibis Hotel Paris
- Accor Grands Boulevards Opera