“Quiet romantic hideaway in the heart of the Latin Quarter”

Hotel Residence Henri 4
Ranked #65 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
alexdej
“Quiet romantic hideaway in the heart of the Latin Quarter”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in far too many three-star Paris hotels which look lovely on the website, but where reality was very different. The Residence Henri IV was a breath of fresh air. It s as lovely in person as the pictures suggest - with beautiful, comfortable rooms and cosy communal areas. It also has the advantage of being tucked away on a side street, making the rooms unusually quiet for Paris. Moreover, it's clear that the staff here really care. There's none of that surly Parisian "service" that you get in many tourist establishments. Everyone is polite, friendly and very helpful. We'll be back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alexdej

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We recently stayed at the Henri 4 hotel and we were pleasantly surprised at the great value it offered. We were a family of 4, and we were able to stay in a two bedroom apartment like room for a very reasonable price. Although small, the rooms were very elegant and comfortable and sufficient for us. The hotel is located in a great place and we really felt like we were in the heart of Paris! The breakfasts were good and all the staff were friendly and helpful! It really was quite a charming place and if anyone would like to shout us a trip back to Paris we would definitely stay there again!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine928
Sunshine coast
Reviewed 21 January 2014

that makes it very memorable. Its small, only 2 rooms per floor over 6 floors, its hidden in the corner of the dead end lane. But the rooms are nice, I'd even say large for Paris, the sleep quality was very good and the staff very friendly. It's also in a great location and easy walking to the river Notre Dame and the restaurants.
Would I go back? probably not as there are better hotels ( see my other reviews) but I was not disappointed

Room Tip: ask for the top floor. the loft rooms are nice
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank justcruizen
Irvine, California
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Henri December 20-24, 2012 and I have been meaning and wanting to write a review of this wonderful hotel. This was my first trip to Paris and I am so glad that our trip started at the Henri. It was the perfect hotel because the location places you within walking distance of the Pantheon, Notre Dame, the Louve and plenty of restaurants and cafés yet is quiet and restful because it is tucked away, off of a busy street. The room was charming, comfortable and roomy. The staff was great and helpful in guiding us to a variety of locations. We will stay in this hotel again during our next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BlandK
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at this elegant and quiet little hotel for a week in December 2013 during the Christmas holiday. I knew the area where I wanted to stay in Paris (near Notre Dame and the Cluny Museum), and I selected this hotel based on its location and on other TripAdvisor reviews, and the fact that each room had a kitchenette. Many thanks to Qaisar, Hisham, and Xavier for being such wonderful and helpful concierges. We especially enjoyed having a delicious breakfast delivered to our room each morning at the time of our choosing. I appreciated the convenience of the elevator, too. We look forward to a return visit to Paris and will definitely stay again at the Hotel Résidence Henri IV.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MarieNoelle4
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Good family hotel. Enjoyed the ( slightly cheezy) decor, and balcony. Kitchenette a bit small to be functional. One pot pasta manageable though. Free wifi fast and easy. A quiet and peaceful city spot.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Mount Sinai, New York
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I celebrated my 70th birthday by exploring Paris for 10 days, staying in this charming hotel apartment as a base. Our fifth floor room was furnished in French antiques and blue decor. just like our LI bedroom. I often have difficulty sleeping away from home, but our bed was extremely comfortable, and I slept soundly for our entire visit. Our breakfast was included, and not only was the breakfast room lovely, but so was our hostess; by the second day she knew exactly how to prepare our coffees, and always greeted us with a smile.The croissants and baguettes were delicious, and there were cereals offered as well. One suggestion to make it superb would be to offer fresh fruit and, perhaps,cheese; we did finally purchase some fruit to bring down with us on the last couple of days. The concierges were outstanding, and not only made suggestions for dining nearby, but made reservations for us as well. They were extremely patient with our requests, and we felt comfortable trusting their opinions regarding sightseeing and transportation. We used the bateau, bus and metro, and walked everywhere we could. This location was excellent for exploring all of Paris, and we enjoyed feeling almost like "natives" by the time we left. I found Residence Henri IV on Trip Advisor, and the outstanding reviews were accurate. We can't wait to return, and have recommended this boutique hotel to all our friends and neighbors. (We only hope they will have an opening for us when we are fortunate enough to travel again!) A special thank you to Hicham for making this trip so very memorable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple