“great location and staff - 5 stars!”

Hotel Residence Henri 4
Ranked #169 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 2 June 2009

This was our first trip to Europe with our kids - hotel had to be clean and quiet - friendly staff was a bonus! The staff was very helpful and was nice to get a friendly greeting as we came and went. Beds were very comfortable, rooms clean, GREAT bathroom with large shower. Hotel is back from the main street in a quiet culdesac - very quiet, no problems at night. And, the location was perfect! Walkable to Notre Dame, Louvre, fun Latin Qtr street shopping/restaurants and close to metro stop. We were thrilled we stayed here!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed 1 June 2009

We couldn't have been happier with Hotel Residence Henri 4th. It was exactly what we hoped for, situated in a great location on a cul de sac, making this hotel quieter than most, with a friendly, accomodating staff. There is a Metro stop a couple of blocks away which was also a plus.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2009

First off this hotel is in a great location, esp for someone like me who loves heels and short distances, Notre Dame is a stones throw away, as are the metro stations. It is definately not for those fond of modern lifestyle however, which is what i mean by being able to laugh about it all...the wallpaper on the walls is material covered foam (im not lying), the safety deposit box was probably the first ever invented and could only be used by using a towel to grip it with, and the lock on the bathroom door stuck, leaving me inside the bathroom for twenty odd minutes, with me and my boyfriend on the other side, in hysterics...it was not locked for the remainder of the trip. The eerie paintings on the wall were also too much for me and were removed and hidden from sight each night before i went to sleep...if you go here you'll understand! The elevator is also a bit dodge, it just about fits 2 people and luggage, and gives u whiplash everytime it stops.
All that being said, you do get what you pay for, with room service and clean sheets each day, as well as a computer to use free of charge when wanting to access the internet. most of the staff were also helpful and suggested several nice restaurants...and some not nice ones. But altogether was a comfortable stay and in a city thats so expensive, it certainly did the job!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charli_R_87
HotelResidenceHenri4, Hicham KHAZRANE, Front Desk Manager at Hotel Residence Henri 4, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2009

Dear guest,

Our staff is bitterly disappointed about your comment and the way you describe the hotel. On the one hand, I am glad that you found the hotel's location great & that the staff made its utmost to satisfy your requests and make your stay the most enjoyable. On the other hand, it is very hard to understand your harsh critic. As the hotel's name implies, the Residence Henri IV is not a modern hotel! It is a hotel de charme built is 1879. The size of the lift -2 persons with luggage which is decent for almost all our customers- forms a part of the charm of this 19th C building. The entire demeure has been completely refurbished. What you qualify as "material covered foam" has been done by one of the most distinguished artists in Paris. Likewise are the paintings in the rooms. Concerning the safe, we have never received any reflection regarding the use of our safes. Last but not least, as the management is thoroughly attentive to our guests' concern, we have to apologize for the inconvenient you experienced with the lock of the bathroom. Yet, I am quite astonished that you did not report the incident during the stay. I am sure that we would have fixed it immediately.

Best regards

Hicham KHAZRANE

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2009

Prior to our visit, we reviewed this hotel on Tripadvisor and on staying their for 4 nights in mid May, it totally met our expectations. The staff at all levels were very friendly and helpful. The reception staff went out of their way to assist in providing travel and restaurant information, even attending to a tempermental safe issue in our room.
Thoroughly recommend taking the breakfast, as it was truly Parisian and reasonably priced.
Having a great location in the heart of Paris, meant easy access to the metro and the sights.
A brilliant hotel experience.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2009

We enjoyed our stay here very much.
The room was comfortable,clean and had charm.Loved the deep bathtub.
The staff is friendly,nice and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2009

I took my mom to Paris for her first time out of the country and we decided that we would spend more on food and attractions rather than shelling out for expensive hotel rooms. We actually decided on splitting one room and needed two separate beds - which is sometimes difficult to translate when you don't speak the language.

I have to say that Hotel Residence Henri 4 delivered. The rates were very competitive and I feel we got a very good value for the quality of the room and the location. Before we left for Paris, I requested via email, two separate twin beds and they confirmed almost immediately. I printed it off just in case I would have a problem and I did not - it was confirmed as soon as we arrived. The staff is very accommodating and luckily for me, spoke English without faulting me for not being able to speak French. They put us on the ground/main floor, which I wasn't happy about at first but they assured me it was a nice room and that if I wasn't satisfied, they would try to move me the next nice. It wasn't necessary at all. Very clean room, comfortable beds, tv, kitchenette, and modern bath with hand held shower attachment. They replaced towels and toiletries daily and always had the room clean. A safe was included in the room. They do request that you leave your key, which is nice since they are staff 24 hours.

The staff was great. They were quick to accommodate with restaurant suggestions, make reservations, give directions and recommend a phone option for calling home. They have a special international rate direct from the hotel which is as inexpensive as an international calling card. They also have free wi-fi.

The hotel is situated in the Latin Quarter and is a few blocks off of the St. Micheal RER stop, which makes it easy to get to/from the CDG airport. It's also on a nice Metro line (#10 -Mo stop Maubert Mutualite) with great "on the go" food choices and an open market that runs at least twice a week. Another huge plus is that it's two blocks from the best baguette in Paris - Eric Kayser (Rue Monge I believe). One more thing, a wine shop at the end of the block.

My mom loved everything about Paris and having to not worry about the hotel experience is worth a lot. I would highly recommend this place as a moderately priced, friendly hotel room in a great location. Thanks much.

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank TyChgo
Reviewed 12 May 2009

We were impressed with the cleanliness of the Hotel and by the friendly people at reception.
The rooms were ideal for a small family and not too small.
As the hotel is located at the end of a dead end street it is very quiet. Its location is excellent with the Pantheon & Notre Dam Cathederal in close proximity.
We thoroughly enjoyed our four day stay at the Henri IV Hotel and look forward to returning
Gary O'Brien, Sydney, Australia