Overall, the Best Western Empire Elysées provided a great stay and an excellent starting point for experiencing Paris.
If there is one reason to consider the Best Western Empire Elysées beyond price point, it is the location.
The hotel is within walking distance from the Arc de Triomphe and the Avenue des Champs Elysées filled with stores, restaurants, cafes etc. While these areas is the attraction for staying in the area you will pass by a number of additional options to eat, shop or stop for a beverage on a patio along the way.
It is a boutique hotel off of Avenue des Ternes so it may be difficult to find when you first arrive. Rue de Montenotte is across the street from the clothing store "NAF NAF" and "Le Dada Restaurant" (another cool hangout) if you are traveling by foot from the Ternes Metro station and need a reference point.
I can't speak for the buffet breakfast they advertise at the hotel, but at 14 euro/person you may want to consider taking a left out of the hotel and making your way to a local hangout called the Yuppies Café serving some decent breakfast (croque madame was our go to) and Creperie Grill (service was a little slow) if you are looking for alternatives.
*For the budget conscious traveler, a supermarket/convenience store is only a couple steps away in the same direction.
We stayed in the newly renovated Junior Suite. The room had a chic and modern design from floor to ceiling with pink and grey accents throughout. The room featured a queen bed, flat screen TV, stand up closet with complimentary safety deposit box, desk, two lounge chairs, and a narrow but workable washroom. Noise was not an issue in our room.
Wifi is free and works reasonably well but some areas in your room may have a better signal then others. The room also had a number of outlets if you depend on several electronic devices throughout your stay. *You will need a power-plug converter/adapter if you are traveling to Europe for the first time.
The staff were welcoming, courteous and attentive.
The metro is fairly close the hotel and allows you to travel to other areas of interest with relative ease. Your best bet is to purchase the package of ten tickets for convenience more than anything else.
* Our next destination had us flying out of Orly airport. If this is the case for you as well, you may want to consider the option of having the hotel arrange a driver for you with a negotiated price. It was the option I chose and was thankful for given the distance and convenience.
Nestled in arguably one of the best areas in Paris, the Best Western is an excellent choice given its proximity to shopping, eating and starting point for touring. You may find nicer hotels in the area, but it offers everything you are looking for at a comparably better price than its surrounding competitors and its current ranking will likely get better when it has completed its renovations. It provides you with the necessities you look for in a hotel - value for your money, excellent location, a good rest, safety for yourself and your belongings, and a couple add-ons everyone appreciates following a long day of touring ie free Wifi etc. Everything else is accessible right outside your doorstep. All in all the hotel was clean, the room we had was excellent, and the staff was attentive and accommodating.
I have no major complaints about this hotel and I would consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Empire Elysées is located 600 metres from the Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysées. It offers modern, air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi internet access.Rooms at The Best Western Empire Elysées are equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a work desk and en suite facilities. All guest rooms also have a minibar and tea and coffee making facilities. Some of the rooms have a balcony.A full buffet breakfast is served daily in the lobby or guests have the option of a continental breakfast served in their room. Additional facilities at Empire Elysées include laundry services and an airport shuttle service upon request.The closest Metro is Ternes, which offers direct transport to the Moulin Rouge and Montmartre district of the city. The Best Western Empire Elysées is a 10-minute Metro ride to the business area of La Défense from Charles de Gaulle Etoile Metro Station, 450 metres from the hotel. The Eiffel Tower is 2.6 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Empire Elysees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Empire Elysees Hotel Paris
- Best Western Hotel Paris
- Best Western Paris
- Paris Best Western