“Milky T”
Review of Platine Hotel

Platine Hotel
Ranked #249 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 25 November 2013

It takes a lot for me to recommend something, but I would recommend this hotel. This was very welcoming and clean with friendly staff. The room was very well presented with the circular bed and colour changing bathroom lights.
Breakfast was plentiful with great coffee in a American themed restaurant, just right to set us up for a mornings walk in this great city.
Well done Platine Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Julien H, Directeur général at Platine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your experience.
Our teams and services have improved since the opening and we would be happy to have the opportunity to welcome you again in Paris.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Very impressed with this hotel, and can't really find fault, except; and this is just personal, the door between the wetroom and the bedroom is glass, not much privacy for the toilet, especially when the lights are on. But like I said it may not be an issue for you. Very good location, very close to Charles Michels metro station on line 10 and lots of eating, shopping places around.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Booked this hotel through secret escapes and was pleasantly surprised how nice it was considering the discounted price we paid. The room was nice with a Marilyn Monroe theme, not particularly spacious as you'd expect for Paris however, everything you needed and a funky bathroom with great shower which lit up. The hotel facilities are limited but nice cosy lounge (with expensive bar!). The breakfast selection was good-pastries, cereal, cheese/ham, crepes and juices. Staff friendly at reception. Located near a shopping district and Charles Michel metro which is a short metro ride to all the sites and you can walk to the Eiffel Tower from the hotel in 10mins. Only slight negatives was the room was a bit stuffy and airless with lack of ventilation especially after showering. Overall great hotel with a lot of character, perfect for a short romantic break.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was mine and my friends first trip to Paris so we wanted to see all the sights! The hotel is in a perfect location, and if you don't mind walking a 25 minute walk to the Tower is a pleasant stroll. 5 minute walk to the nearest metro station, but we didn't use much, usually walked to places.

The hotel was ideal and very quiet. The rooms were more than adequate and the cleanliness a high standard.

Great bathroom with power shower.

Would recommend this hotel and certainly stay again!

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My business meetings were in the area, so I needed a hotel within walking distance. The Platine Hotel is in a quiet street in a very nice area - nearby are lot's of cafe's, restaurants and opposite a shopping mall that has just opened. Lyse (Receptionist) emailed me prior to my arrival and arranged for my ground transportation to and from Paris Orly Airport. This was a very nice touch (its not free and taxi's are probably cheaper, but after a long trip from the US, I'd rather know the transportation is ready and waiting for me right outside customs). The hotel itself is small, clean and the staff are super friendly and efficient. I've stayed in several hotels on the Champs-Elysées and have to say that staying in this area was like a breath of fresh air. Breakfast was included in my rate and that too was really good value - eggs, sausage, pancakes and a buffet of fruit, breads, yoghurt etc. My room was very comfortable - actually I thought it was quite large compared to typical Paris hotels. This hotel is not in a tourist area and for me that was a good thing. However, I found that in all of the restaurants and cafe's I tried, English was spoken by nearly everyone I met. I thought the hotel and the surrounding area were both very welcoming to an American visitor whose French is virtually non-existent. I would recommend the hotel. It is priced right, great staff and in a perfect area close to tourist attractions.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JeremyPF

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed for a night whilst my girlfriend was there on business. Nice, clean, modern hotel with a comical Hollywood theme throughout. Breakfast was ok and staff were very friendly. I would recommend for a night or two.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed at the Platine Hotel in mid-October 2013. The hotel is wonderfully comfortable and well located to Paris attractions. The hotel staff was extremely accomodating and helpful. I could find no fault with the hotel, and would consider it to be on par with many of the 4-star hotels I have stayed at during my travels throughout the world.

We were in Paris on a family vacation, so we rented two rooms. Both rooms were clean, neat, functional and quiet. The bedroom space is what you would expect in a typical European hotel, which is small by US hotel room standards. However, the Platine Hotel makes great use of functional furnishings which serve to provide sitting space without a cluttered feel. The bathrooms deserve an award for style and functionality. The Platine takes a modest bathroom space and gives it a roomy, comfortable feel by using lighting and bath fixtures that accentuate the space. The showers feature high-flow rain-style showerheads, and hot water was always in plentiful supply.

The Platine Hotel staff was extremely accomodating, and made our stay a true pleasure. Given that we were traveling as a family of four, I wanted to arrange for a private car service to pick us up from the airport. The Platine Hotel staff handled all of these arrangements for me, setting up a roomy private car service that accomodated four travelers + luggage at a very reasonable fare. Over the course of our stay, the staff would always inquire about our travels in/around Paris, and were quick with suggestions for dining and tips for avoiding crowds at the tourist attractions.

The location of the hotel is perfect for the traveler seeking to tour the sights of Paris. The Eiffel Tower is about six blocks from the hotel. The Statue of Liberty is about a block away. The metro station for the train to Versailles is less than three blocks away. We walked from the hotel to the Arc de Triomphe, then down the Champs Elysee to the Louvre ... not a walk for everyone, but certainly doable. We took a taxi from the Louvre to the hotel for 12 euros. We took a taxi from the hotel to Sacre Coeur for 20 euros. I did not feel those taxi fares were exorbanent.

The hotel is located within a fine residential neighborhood. We walked around the area at all hours of the day and night and felt quite safe and comfortable. There is a grocery store a block away where you can stock up on bottle water and the like. Two blocks away is a fine bistro; a Starbucks; and, a McDonald's. Venture a block or two further and your dining choices multiply several fold.

This is what I would call a boutique hotel. The lobby is small, but comfortable, with a waiting area that has about a half-dozen comfortable chairs and a modest honor bar. The entire hotel is done in a Marilyn Monroe theme. I found the decor fun and interesting ... and tastefully done. We did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment on the food.

I had read a few reviews that commented about the noise from construction across the street. During our four night stay I did not experience any noise issues, nor did anyone else in my party.

I found the Platine Hotel to be a gem of a hotel and I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for accomodations in Paris.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family