Corail Hotel
US$170
US$164
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$164
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$230
US$243
US$221
  • Restaurant
Kyriad Hotel Paris Bercy Village(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$117
  • Bar/Lounge
US$158
US$147
Agoda.com
US$388
  • Room Service
All reviewsgare de lyonthe wi firooms are smallfew blocksstationluggageelevatorneighborhood
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I spent one nigh in this hotel and I was happy with my choice.
Basically you get what you pay for. A nice room (small but with everything you need) and the bathroom.
The bathroom was old and could be refurnished (the faucet used in the lavatory was also used in the bathtub.... really strange and not a good system).
The lift was quite small but for me was ok.

The staff was really friendly and helpful.
The location is quite good if you take the train to/from Gare de Lyon with the subway right next to it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This is the second time stayed this hotel, we booked 2 double rooms for 4 nights. Double room is little bit small but acceptable. Last time we booked a triple room on the top floor, good view and nice room and with a big washing room. Very friendly and helpful staff. Simple breakfast but good enough. Very close to Gare de Lyon station, many restaurants nearby, very convenient!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Coral Hotel is conveniently situated near the Gare de Lyon. Our room was charming (a twin room in the attic). The breakfast is generous and very reasonable in price.
We would choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda171
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Stayed 4 nights in this hotel with my sister during our first trip to Paris for sightseeing. I agree with other reviews -- simple hotel which was clean, conveniently located, with friendly and helpful staff. Somewhat long review below, which I hope will be of help -- I've addressed location/safety, hotel amenities/service.

First, the location. As newbies to Paris, we were very happy to find that the Air France bus from the CDG airport drops off right in front of Gare de Lyon, which is two easy blocks from the hotel. No need to fuss with taxis or negotiate the metro with all our luggage. While the neighborhood is not in the hotbed of tourist attractions or extremely trendy, there are a number of restaurants nearby (bistros and the like) as well as a small Carrefour supermarket just a block away. Being right by Gare de Lyon facilitated our travel to all other parts of Paris. There are a few homeless people panhandling on the blocks between Gare de Lyon and the hotel, but we didn't have any trouble with them. There was also a nearly half-naked man who may have been schizophrenic who we saw several times in the neighborhood, so I believe this is where he makes his home, but we did not have any trouble with him. (Finally, for families/conservative types who might be offended -- there are a few "Sex Shops" (one does have a bright yellow neon sign that says, "Sex Shop" just down the block, so if you don't want someone to be offended, this may not be the place for you, but there are no solicitors outside the shops, just their signs on the outside).

You can also easily walk to Bastille metro and the opera house there, but I would note to the ladies that on the walk between the hotel and Bastille, there is a stretch of road which is home to a tent city. Some of the residents there had some dogs which looked stray, and one of them did approach us to panhandle. We also encountered a group of young drunk men one night and were greeted by the sight of one of them stripping down naked and running about wildly. While there was no incident, we did note that we were the only other persons walking this stretch of road, so if there had been an incident, there may have been trouble as there was no one around to help. That said, during the day, the location was excellent, and if there is any concern about safety, would recommend returning to the hotel at night via Gare de Lyon, where there were always people walking about and not via Bastille (which you can walk from during the day, but I do not recommend at night).

The hotel staff was friendly, most of them spoke excellent English, and they were helpful with things like early check-in, and stowing our luggage on our day of departure. The hotel was clean; there is a small lift which you can take to the upper floors. The rooms are quite spare (think of Howard Johnson/Comfort Inn type rooms -- 70s/80s decor with pink walls, bare floor, small but clean bathroom, a small desk and TV, small wardrobe with a safe, two little nightstands on each side of the double bed). The water pressure and water temperature in the shower were great. They supply liquid soap for hands in a wall dispenser, as well as a dispenser in the shower that contained a 3-in-1 liquid soap/shampoo/conditioner agent. No other toiletries. The toilet paper comes out in single folded sheets from a dispenser (just a quirk, not really a problem). We had a window in our room that opened to the street, which was nice for ventilation.

The only thing about the rooms is that while our room did not smell of smoke, the next door neighbor was a smoker, and the smoke readily came through the walls and was quite irritating at times.

The breakfast here was adequate, with breads, spread, cheeses, yogurts, juices, coffee, milk, cereal.

The wi-fi worked very well, which was a plus, as I did have to work on a Powerpoint presentation during my stay and submit this via email to my boss, and if I didn't have the fast, ready wi-fi, it would have been problematic.

One other thing to note for Bank of America ATM users, there is a BNP Paribas ATM just across the street, which is fee-free for Bank of America clients.

I would be happy to stay here during my next trip to Paris given the value (I think the price is fair) and the reliability of the staff, amenities, cleanliness. I wouldn't bring my parents here though, as I think they might be a little concerned about the "sex shops" and the panhandlers, but my sister and I benefited from the proximity to a major metro station and felt comfortable here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank cokohbeans
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We paid about 65EUR per person for the room... the service is great but don't expect anything great. The first room I was given was very small and had a dirty shower, so I asked to have a different room. The second room was better but the window didn't close, I was right next to a chinese and moroccan restaurant, so the smell seeped through. But the service was impeccable.

Room Tip: The lower the floors, the bigger the rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends