“small room and friendly staff.”
Review of Hotel Merryl

Hotel Merryl
Ranked #1,697 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 5 February 2012

its just a small hotel situated at one of the quite street there. The room may be small but just right for the two of us. Breakfast is served at the basement of the hotel. At first my wife was hesitant as it was not as what she xpected....but after a while she got used to it.... Halal eatery is everywhere near our place....a provision store is just around the corner fr us to buy our munchies....and best of all,La chappelle metro station is just a stone throw away the hotel.

Room Tip: room at the higher floor for more privacy
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 January 2012

The hotel is tucked in a corner of a street that felt busy but not safe.
The stairs are narrow and dirty and the room had a smell in it. Thank goodness I was only staying one night! The shower looked dirty. I was glad to check out. The hotel staff were pleasant enough.

Room Tip: None that I can advice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Yesmin M
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Little, simple hotel but very clean and for an acceptable price. Friendly stuff.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I've just spent my first,and last,night at this hotel.
My credit card had been debited before my arrival,contrary to what was indicated on my booking confirmation.Despite this,I was asked to fill in a form giving my card details.Why? I don't know ,but I refused.I also had to wait until my departure in order to get my credit card receipt .
My last surprise was at breakfast ,served as a buffet,where I was informed that guests were limited to one croissant.I have never seen anything like it!!How miserable!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank scorpian9
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We were looking for something cheap and cheerful and that is what we got. However we did check out early and moved to a different district. The room itself was clean and reasonably furnished like a B&B. One thing we must mention is the lift........never have seen such a small frightening lift! We just about got both of us in, and after one experience decided to take the stairs - everyone has a wardrobe bigger than this!
The main issue with this hotel is the dire location. Whilst handy for the metro, the short walk to and from was like being in a third world country. We are not naive travellers and have seen many cities but this was the most frightening and intimidating we have experienced.
Even a trip to the local supermarket in the middle of the afternoon was full of alcoholic tramps intimidating and stealing from the poor staff....not good!
Just be aware that this may not be a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: try the Hotel Ampere - 4* with the best beds in the world!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2011

You arrive in a part of Paris where you can presume being in the middle of India or Africa... gangs all over the place... never saw so many not French people grouped together.. Homeless people sleeping on the streets, gangs securing theyre areas.... not a place to walk around... the hotel... not really a hotel.. staff lazy... rooms not cleaned... no fresh soap every day.. toilet with breakmarks of former visitors... breakfast...very fast, one small croissant per person.. negro woman behind the counter chooses to give you a dirty plate and looks surprised that you need a plate.... i think i encountered more bacterias then Paris people there.. if you want to visit Paris... choose something better.. a waste of money......

Room Tip: i could not tate zero so.......
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Philip D
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Clean, simple base for a visit to Paris. Friendly, efficient staff. Small, basic bedroom and shower room - but we only wanted to spend the night there. Continental breakfast, including a croissant and fruit juice. We booked the journey and hotel together through SNCF and got excellent value for money. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple