“Good first impressions but......”

Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier
Ranked #887 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Okay, so I'm going to be as constructive as possible. We stayed from Friday to Monday in Jan 2014. The lobby and restaurant were both clean and modern and staff were always available to help any query with a smile.
Our room was right next to the water service cupboard and so we heard whenever anybody flushed or ran water. On reflection that's our fault for not asking to be moved though. The room itself was a little dated, there was a suspicious looking bleach mark on our carpet, the bathroom facilities were very run down, the pillows were just old and wrecked - even after asking for replacements. The towels felt old and not very clean as one had a little blood spot on it. We were on the 7th floor and facing the rear of the hotel, so although there was no view to speak of it was quiet and there was no traffic noise. There's a couple of vending machines in the lobby where you could pick up soft drinks, coffees and snacks etc, we had breakfast in the hotel one morning which was nice, although double check at reception that the right price has been charged to your room, as we would have ended up paying double for what we had.

The hotel is situated a 1 min walk from the metro which is very handy as everything worth going to will be towards the centre, we walked a few times and never felt unsafe or wary despite the interesting characters you'll see on the way.

I know there are some varying reviews on here but I've just tried to be as honest as I can about my experience.
If your planning to use the hotel purely as a base and you're able to get the room at a good price then go for it, especially if you're more relaxed about the points I've mentioned above.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DillyDevine
Timhotel B, Front Office Manager at Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comment through Trip advisor.

I am delighted to read that you have had a plaisant time at the TimHotel Berthier Paris XVII and that our staff has fulfilled your expectations.

Although, I would like to express my sincerest apologies regarding the problem in your room.

I remain at your entire disposal should you require any further assistance and I am very looking forward to welcoming you back.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel is modern, clean and comfortable, the reception area is lovely and gives off a great first impression. The rooms were modern and I felt safe as this was my first time abroad. The hotel is right by a metro station which makes Paris really accessible from the hotel. We had breakfast in the hotel most days of our stay, we paid extra daily for it, it's a buffet style continental breakfast but we looked forward to having it every morning that we woke up! Surrounding the hotel there are a few restaurants if you did fancy eating out before heading home

Room Tip: Go high up
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alicia p
Timhotel B, Front Office Manager at Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review and positive feedback.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed all of the aspects of our Hotel and location.

We really look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Was there 6 nights from Dec 25th to the 31st with my 23 year old daughter......Timhotel was great. The area being developed, is what it is...not scary at all. Left our window open every night..no problems with noise. Everything as expected from positive reviewers.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank EASYTRAVELLER5

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience; It is a real pleasure to read your kind words.

We are extremely happy you have enjoyed your stay; that is our priority.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the TimHotel Berthier Paris XVII.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked this hotel via ebookers for 3 nights in order to spend New Year's Eve in Paris with my sister. The location of the hotel is great; with Porte de Clichy M13 and Porte de Clichy RER C just outside the hotel door is absolutely great to move around the city, having Eiffel Tower just 5 stops away. Hotel amenities are very well maintained, very clean lobby area and both lifts working properly. I booked a twin room and the bed was comfy enough to rest after long walks around the city, although the walls do not isolate the noise very well, since I could hear the entire conversation from next room (thanks god it was just a conversation!). The shower has a very nice pressure and rest is good as well, nothing really special. About the staff, they all were very nice and pleasant, looking forward to please ours request and they even nicely showed us all the tourist places in Paris. Finally, the prices; since breakfast is not included, they charge 13 euros to eat, which is absolutely insane having a coffee bar where you can get a croissant and a capuccino for 4 euros. Overrall is a great hotel, very nice staff and good location to visit the city, although has very expensive prices at their restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank salva23295

Dear M. Salva,

I would like to thank you for this detailed report about your stay at the Timhotel Berthier.

I am very glad to read your comments. I am fully convinced that this kind of testimony will be very helpful for our future visitors

We look forward to welcoming you again at the TimHotel Berthier Paris XVII.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stopped at this hotel the last weekend before xmas! It was myself, 30 yr old female, and my mum on a christmas trip!
Do not read or believe the bad reviews! I was worried after reading some of them, i didnt need to be worried at all!!
Hotel was very clean, rooms nice and comfy, staff cant do enough to help and plenty to choose from at breakfast!
The metro is right outside the hotel which was quick and easy to get to the centre, on the line for champs elysee and eiffel tower!
It was a brilliant stay and i would recommend this hotel to anyone!!! Dont hesitate in booking this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Ok the first thing I need to share in this review- do not listen to any of the previous negative reviews about this hotel. I read them and upon arriving in Paris I was terrified to go to my hotel and spent the entire travel time worrying about the "dangerous area", "working ladies on the street", "dirty rooms" and "unfriendly staff".

However THESE REVIEWS ARE ALL WRONG!

The area: typical intercity area. There are cafes, a market shop, the excellent RER and Metro connections across the road and some road works- but who comes to Paris to drive? As a pedestrian they did not interfere with my travelling whatsoever. I saw no working girls, did not feel threatened and would not call this area "seedy" or "run down" like previous reviews.

The hotel: lobby is very nice and welcoming, the bar is very reasonably priced for Paris (€3.00 for Rose wine and €4.00 for a pint!) and the staff were very pleasant, very helpful and I honestly could not be any more impressed with their welcoming. Our room was on the third floor, room 303. It had a king sized bed, ensuite with bath, TV, coffee/tea facilities, safe, towels. shower gel and soaps, etc. I was very surprised how big the room was and how clean it was. The maid service was in daily with fresh towels and folded my PJs and put them under my pillow- thanks ladies!

This hotel is great. It is fantastic value, the staff are very friendly and it is located in a great place. We even walked on a number of days from the hotel to Place de Clichy (where there are many cafes, restaurants and signage for walking to the Champs-Elysees). It takes around 30 minutes walking from the hotel to Gare St Lazare, or it is a €10 taxi.

Please do not let any previous reviews stress you. My husband and I stayed here from the 23rd to 28th December and we are 25 and 27 years old. I would happily return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room. You won't be able to see the Eiffel Tower no matter what side you are...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola D
Reviewed 29 December 2013

In my life i have never seen such a uncooperative hotel staff. We reached the hotel after 14hrs of flight but the ladies behind the reception desk were so unwelcoming... it was our first trip to paris we wanted some information regarding disneyland tour but hotel receptionist refused to help and was very rude. I got the feel that the hotel staff is doing us a favour by letting us stay in the hotel . they should seriously learn some hospitality lessons

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple