“City Break to Paris”

Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier
Ranked #884 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at Timhotel Bertier, Paris with Riviera Travel on our guided city break. The hotel was good and comfortable. The evening meals were good and reasonably priced and the buffet breakfast was good with a wide choice of both hot and cold breakfat items. The Riviera Travel city break on Eurostar was well organised, informative and very good value for money. Our tour guide met us at Paris Gare du Nord and transferred us to the hotel in about 30 minutes, during the next 2 days we had guided coach tours of Paris by day and night, a trip out to Versaille and a trip on the river Seine and some free time. Overall a very enjoyable trip and excellent value for money-better than flying!

Room Tip: rooms are air conditioned but we would choose a room on the 4th floor or above for views and further...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Timhotel B, Responsable réception at Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,,

Thank you so very much for your kind words!

It will be a great pleasure for me to share your impressions with my teams.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I booked a twin room and been given a double room, when I asked to change, all rooms are fully booked! The wall is cracked, toilet is super dirty and aircon is not working. When I called to receptionist, the receptionist guy name Mohidee was very rude, he said he could give me a fan if I want! When I asked for manager on duty he said the manager is sleeping! My Paris trip is totally being spoilt just because of this hotel. All the best to you if you still want to choose this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

We are extremely sorry and disappointed to read your review concerning your last visit at Timhotel Berthier Paris XVII.

Please be assured that this certainly does not reflect the standards in which we pride ourselves on here in our Hotel.

However, please note that our Front Desk Supervisor was at your disposal on the day from 7am - Midnight

We do hope that you will accept our apologies, and that you will take the opportunity to come in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here recently with a group. I was very pleased with my room - comfortable double bed with everything you needed including en-suite. Everywhere was very clean and the staff on reception very pleasant. Our first impressions of the area were a little off-putting as it looked a bit scruffy and there was evidence of homeless sleepers outside but once in the hotel it was fine. The hotel is quite a walk from the city centre and I had originally planned to go out and find a restaurant to eat but didn`t feel confident about venturing into the locality alone at night so I decided to eat in the hotel. I thought the restaurant and terrace were very pleasant and enjoyed the buffet. The food was really nice although mainly the same every evening. I didn`t mind that but some might. The only area that let the restaurant down was in the service, they seemed greatly under-staffed and the three waiters didn`t seem able to cope at times. On my third and last evening I had to eat in the bar as there was a large party in the restaurant and the staff really struggled. Also the restaurant manageress did not seem to be on duty that night (and there was no replacement) and it really showed as she was very efficient and held it all together. I was ignored for quite some time but stuck it out as there was nowhere else to go and eventually I was asked to eat in the bar but service was very hit and miss, More staff would make a big difference. The breakfast buffet was good with a wide choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tina668

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your comments regarding the room and hotel staff.

However I am most concerned by your comments regarding our restaurant service, i transfert your remark to the Food & Beverage Manager.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here May 15, 2014 for six nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful, it was a smooth check-in. We had a car and the hotel offered secured parking in there underground parking for $29.00 a night. We used it one night before returning our rental car. The Metro/RER station is across the street. it was a 20 to 30 minute ride to downtown Paris with one or two train changes depending on where you wanted to go. The metro ticket was $2.25 per person each direction or you could buy a day pass or multi day pass. There are restaurants in the area and a grocery story about 10 minute walk. The hotel room was smaller than average size. We would rate the room not more than 2 stars if it were in the states. It was clean and was satisfactory for our needs. The breakfast was an additional $17.00 per person per day. Our biggest complaint and to be fair we did not contact the front desk, was the Wi-Fi. The signal was strong but we were unable to acquire an IP logon address, in the morning and evening. I believe the system my have been overwhelmed during those times with everyone wanting to log in the system at the same time. Again, we did not contact the front desk about this matter so they did not have a chance to fix the problem. We just ended up logging in very late or very early. We would probably stay here again, it would depend on the price. We would not pay any more than we did.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bs4u2c

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience; It is a real pleasure to read your kind words.

Thank you and we look forward to host you again in our hotel.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here recently on the end of a European tour. With my sister and I together, we required a room with two beds but the first one was one double. Spoke with front desk who corrected this immediately and we were very pleased with the front desk service. The breakfast buffet has a wide variety of foods and was quite tasty. The location of the hotel was the only drawback, far from the city but with the metro station literally across the street, getting to the center city was very easy. If I were had a choice of hotels, I would chose something closer to the Madeline or St Germaine area, but overall our stay was comfortable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OneSouthernBelle
Timhotel B, FOM at Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear valued guests,

On behalf of our entire staff, we would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the TimHotel Berthier Paris XVII.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in a near future, and thank you for the pleasure you gave us by sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I can't decide which hotel are we going to stay but when i saw the picture of this hotel i have a feeling we will enjoy our stay..im right!!!its really a fantastic hotel.staff are friendly and accomodating.allowed us to checked in early,lovely selections of breakfast,nice room and clean toilet and tub,accesible to metro.thank you to all the staff..it was a fantastic trip to paris...

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Judaizkie
Timhotel B, Front Office Manager at Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave such a nice score and comments following your stay in Paris.
Be sure that I will tell the entire team, about your satisfaction.
I am fully convinced that this kind of testimony will be very helpful for our future visitors.
We would be happy to welcome you back for your next trip to the Timhotel Berthier Paris XVII!

Very warm regards from Paris

Erwan Sarre - Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The lobby is deceiving. Once you enter the rooms, you will understand why. Rooms are cramped and dirty. The walls are stained, the furniture are worn out, basic necessities like drinking cups are disposable cups, toilet has a stench and is filthy, view from our room was the busy road which had construction going on while we were there, no peephole at the door.

Hotel staff are not helpful. We had missing trash bins after the first day of room service. When we called front desk, they said they would find another one and bring it up for us, which they never did. When asking for directions, they seemed impatient and service was unpleasant.

The neighbourhood also felt really unsafe. When we got to the train station on the first station, there was a suspicious man staring at us as we were buying tickets. He later on followed us really closely as we were entering and jumped pass the entrance barrier without paying. We later realised this was a really common practice as we encountered it in the station several times.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank d0mtrz

Madam,

Following your stay at the Timhotel Berthier Paris XVII, we would like to thank you for staying with us and about your comment on Tripadvisor.

We are really sorry that the room and the service were not up to your expectations, and we ask you to kindly accept our apologies.

We would like to inform you that we are renovating our rooms. The room where you stayed is part of our renovation project. (you can find on our website the superior rooms )

Your feedback is useful to improve our service; therefore it is very important, especially regarding this situation.

Please believe that all necessary improvement will be implemented quickly to deliver a better quality of service.

We would like to thank you again for your comments. We hope to convince you during your future stay that the inconveniences you have experienced were isolated incidents.

Again, we do apologize.

I remain at your disposal for any more information and we look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Regards.