“Great location”

Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier
Ranked #892 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My friend and I have just returned from a four day break to Paris and stayed at this hotel as part of a package. I found they staff very friendly and helpful and even though there was a coach full of tourist booking in was done very fast. We had a twin room on the seventh floor overlooking the front. Although there was a main road the traffic was not a problem. There was air conditioning in the room and a free safe, first time I have not had to pay extra for a safe. The room was nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee making facilities too. The bathroom was large with a shower over the bath with loads of hot water and fantastic water pressure. The rooms were cleaned every day and towels replaced as and when we requested them to be changed. The only problem we had was with the food, we went bed and breakfast but decided to have dinner there on our arrival which was early evening. I did not eat anything as there was nothing there either on the cold buffet or the hot buffet so went hungry. My friend did have a small selection on her plate but on tasting it she left it. We were not charged for the bill when we asked for it. We ate out after that. We never had breakfast as we did not want to have to rush around in the morning as we were going on tours.

I would use this hotel again but would make sure I ate out unless there was a vast improvement. I would also recommend the hotel but would suggest to give the restaurant a miss.

Room Tip: Stayed on seventh floor with room at front which was very satisfactory, cannot comment on lower floo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NicelyUK
Timhotel B, Responsable réception at Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience; It is a real pleasure to read your kind words.

We are extremely happy you have enjoyed your stay; that is our priority.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the TimHotel Berthier Paris XVII.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very close to the metro, train, markets, cafes, hookah bar, bars, and restaurants. The hotel rooms could be a bit better preserved, there are enough detail issues to write a paragraph about. However, the front desk staff are perfect. We had an issue with a server in the bar/restaurant and I have never experienced such sincere remorse on behalf of hotel management. The restaurant manager went above and beyond, by leaps and bounds, to correct the problem and we are indebted. Absolutely fantastic personnel working at this hotel. Nice front lobby, comfortable for enjoying coffee or wine with friends. The price was very competitive and I recommend this hotel for families.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Timhotel Bertier Paris XVII
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and our entire team is at your disposal to assist you to organize your next trip to Paris.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner came for a romantic get away for a long weekend stay and was better than we could ever imagined! The hotel its self is well presented and clean and you feel safe to be staying here which is always a plus! The location is ok... easy to get to the Eiffel Tower but anything else can be a problem for trains, taxis seem to be alot easier for getting around. The room we had was small but very clean, cosy & very modern! Not what I was expecting from some of the other reviews! Only issues is staff don't speak very good English so is a issue if you have any problems or need to know anything. Overall was a pleasant stay & a lovely experience of paris! Thank you!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emily-Jayne-x

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comment through Trip advisor.

I am delighted to read your kind word.
Although, I would like to express my sincerest apologies regarding the problem regarding the front office team concerning the language.

However, you can be assured that I will take the appropriate measures.
I remain at your entire disposal for any further assistance and I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Although small, the rooms are furnished nicely and kept very clean. The location is a short train away from the Eiffel Tower although staff are not that fluent in English so travel elsewhere can be difficult to plan. Overall a pleasant hotel but travel is needed to be closer to tourist destinations.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Richbfc

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay with us.
We definitely look forward of welcoming you again at the Timhotel Berthier.
Sincerely yours.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Pros: very close to the Metro and restaurants. Clean and generally quiet (some city constructions were right in front but since our room was on the other side of the hotel, we didn't have any problems). The hotel restaurant's buffet was a nice adding (plenty of good food at a very reasonable price). Not far also from city center or about half of hour walking from Champs Elizee Avenue.
Cons: I couldn't find any

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Constantin S

Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for this detailed report about your stay at the Timhotel Berthier Paris XVII.
I am very glad to read your comments and what are the reasons why you do prefer our property to an other one.
I am fully convinced that this kind of testimony will be very helpful for our future visitors.
Sincerely yours.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

A great hotel outside the central area of Paris but next to a metro station. Located in a residential area near the town of Clichy. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The service is good. The breakfast is varied and abundant. I recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Wilson_JrREC

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the nice comment posted on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the TimHotel Berthier Paris XVII.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

- This hotel needs thorough cleaning at all places in corridors, hallways and hotel rooms.
- Bathroom is very uncomfortable especially bath is very dangerous for showering. if the bathtub was clean enough I could sit while showering. Do not expect any toiletries except disposal rinsing cups and a sanitary bag. Tiny shoe shine was a bonus.
- Room was not clean enough. Furnitures are old. Seemed very old facility.
- Breakfast is not good. I did not understand what I had as a boiled egg.
The most complimentary parts were front desk staff who were very friendly and vending machines who do not refuse to vend some convenience items for you.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ganbi
Timhotel B, Responsable réception at Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

You took some time to write these comments about the TimHotel Berthier and I really thank you for this

I am delighted to read our staff has fulfilled your expectations. Although, I would like to express my sincerest apologies regarding your room.

I would be very keen to offer you another room experience at the hotel, please feel free to revert to our reception department at your earliest convenience in order to work out the most suitable option for you on our end.

I remain at your entire disposal should you require any further assistance and I am very looking forward to welcoming you back.