“I had a problem and they fixed it” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Claret Hotel

Claret Hotel
Ranked #1,252 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Zurich
“I had a problem and they fixed it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

when I checked in the room was stuffy so I hoped the window and sat on the bed to log in and check emails. I noticed the smell of urine and thought that it was just a smell from the street below. I got worse so I closed the window, but it continued to get worse. I realized that it was coming from the bed/bedspread. I immediately went back down to the front desk and explained the problem. One guy, a manager I assume, stated that I had already used the room and was hesitant to move me. The person who checked me in however went to bat for me and transferred me just down the hall to an fresh and clean room with no odors whatsoever. I would stay there again because they solved my problem. I hope they are more careful when cleaning a room in the future however.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Basel, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

The hotel was very good located. The staff was really professional. The room was clean and the breakfast essential, but good quality. We profit of a last minute offer and they allowed us the room we preferred.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

An older hotel with basic offerings, I would have expected it to be cheaper. Bathroom from the 80's, elevator from the 70's. Lots of restaurants around bet they are all foreign cuisine (Chinese, Thai etc), I was hard pressed to find French. There was a good Italian just round the corner though. There aren’t any supermarkets around so shop before you go back to the hotel. Up towards Dugommier Metro there are good services, too far to walk though.. Hotel is close to the Metro but the bus services are easier to use and go to more places. Ask the staff anything, they’re really good.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay on the courtyard side.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Greenock, Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

Where to begin.....

Four of us stayed here in December for the Swedish House Mafia gig.

First the good bits -
Location was pretty good. Quite a bit away from the airport but the station is next door to the hotel.
Breakfast was ok. All continental but if you can cope with toast and coissants every morning then it's fine.

The room was very small with a big stain on the carpet as soon as you walked in.
The bath was so small my knees were at my chest and I had to sit down in it as the shower (which was attached to the wall) only came to my waist?? (where's the logic there?).
There was no mirror in the bedroom which meant I had to do hair/makeup in the bathroom where my boyfriend was doubled over in two trying to have a shower. (funny at the time).
Also we were the room next to the stairs which was really noisy.We were up every morning at 6am with the noise.

We had a great time in Paris and its a lovely place to walk/go for lunch/cocktails but I wouldn't stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank xxnicola82xx

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

First, this hotel doesn't have room service! The restaurant isn't even open on the weekend except for breakfast. When we asked the front desk for ice they were pleasant but thought our request very unusual. We were offered a glass with 3 ice cubes.

The room is ridiculously small and very noisy if you open the window to get some air. It's impossible to sleep with the open window and there is no ventilation otherwise so the room is very warm even on a cold night. The rooms on the back side of the hotel are quiet but even smaller.

On the positive side, the breakfast is very good, the beds are comfortable, and the WiFi connection is excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side but be prepared to pay an additional charge of €30.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pat V
tunis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

Superb location right next to the subway station Bercy makes this hotel very convenient . Clean rooms, modern bathroom (but for some reason there was no shower curtain in room 306).
Excellent breakfast ( but you have to boil your own egg) cheese, ham, croissants ( 3 types) cereals, fresh fruit, juices. TV in the room, free wifi in the rooms, safe box, nice toiletries. Some noise from the street that is acceptable ( the hotel is near the train tracks ) . Very friendly reception staff , gives directions and suggestions. Plenty of restaurants around the hotel (pizza, italian, fast food, turkish and oriental,..). I definitely would go back for my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

We booked the hotel via Groupon so it was very good value for money. Probably won't feel the same if I had paid the going rate.

The rooms are small but cozy, me and my boyfriend didn't find a problem with it at all. Loved the modern and super clean toilet. Absolutely no problem with room service, and the staff were great and helpful. No problem with wifi as well.

Breakfast was satisfying, especially the mini croissants and other pastries. Unlike what another review stated, there actually were egg cups for eggs during the days I visited, if that's important.

The Metro station is so near and convenient! And Bercy Village is nearby too, which is worth a visit.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple