“A real nightmare!!!”

Ranked #1,589 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Milan, Italy
“A real nightmare!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I highly suggest you to AVOID this hotel! The hotel is old, dirty, not equipped, there's not an elevator, it's really expensive and the pictures showed on the website are photoshopped! I'll post some real ...
It's very expensive (€69 per night) for what it gives. The staff is rude and not helpful. I will NEVER visit this hotel egain and probably the staff knows since, when I said "au revoir" at the check-out, the man at the reception NEVER replied to me...
I doubt I've ever seen something such horrible!
For more informations, give a look to the pics...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank La D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
The Hague, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Terrible hotel. Walls are super thin so if you want to hear your neighbors having sex, YOU WILL!!!! Theres no lift so be ready to carry your bags up the stairs. The staff is rude, the rooms are dirty, the bathroom is tiny. The location sucks too. Everything is far away. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank iPati79

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Belfast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel alone in July while visiting some friends. It wasn't overly expensive at €49 (room only) however even by Paris standards this was a complete rip-off for the experience I received. First of all the website is a complete and utter lie. The site portrays it as a nicely decorated small hotel, with a charming garden area close to trocadero. In reality it is a horrible run down building with dark and dingy corridors and rooms, the corridors have crumbling paint and plaster and random bits of old furniture stacked up all over the place as though waiting to be collected by a skip. The rooms have old mismatched furniture that looks like its come from a house clearance and there are exposed pipes and dirty carpets. It's also nowhere near Trocadero. The staff are rude and incompetent, when I complained that the heating was on in my room and I couldn't switch it off (it was 30-somethingºC outside) i was told that the electrician was on holiday and there was nothing could be done. I asked to change to another room and was flatly told that they were all like that, with no effort to help me out or come up with a solution. I've never been so uncomfortable and needless to say I had a horrible night. The shower was dirty with soap scum from the previous guest on the shower curtain and when i lifted the toilet lid the toilet had not been flushed since the last user. It was absolutely disgusting. I would rather have stayed in a youth hostel sharing with 18 snoring students and if it hadn't been so late I would have run a mile. If you're thinking of booking here - DON'T!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank spacegirl293
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

For me was nice, close to the station like 2 min by walk and close to the centre. We had a double room for 2 nights, really small but its fine for me once we used just for sleep. The only problem was a big noise when open the hall door and too expensive breakfast 10 euro per person/day. Staff was nice and friendly.

Oradea, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We went there after searching for several weeks for good accommodation in Paris (if you've been there before, you know that's very hard to find). We stumbled across this EXELMANS Hotel, situated near the Exelmans Boulevard (which is a main artery in Paris) and we decided it's a good choice for our 3 nights stay in a romantic citybreak.

The area is great: 2 min away from a central subway line, near the Roland Garros center; you can find a Carrefour supermarket at 5 min distance, very convenient. There's a Japanese restaurant across the street, went there, very good prices. Also, a quiet neighborhood, we went for a stroll one morning and we were enchanted by the quietness and the cleanness we found wondering the streets nearby - that's where you see all those happy French people. :-)

When you get in, the reception desk looks nice. They apologize for the restoration works they're in, but I tell you, the hallway stinks in a very-very... funky way. The hallway is very small and narrow, you can only get to the room one at a time. Fortunately, once you get in, the smell is left outside.

The room we stayed in (no. 8) was very small but it had 2 bathrooms (the water closet was separate from the shower and sink) and a view towards the yard. The bathroom with the shower was nice, clean towels, but we didn't stay in too much.

The cleaning service was OK, our room was tidied up.

In conclusion, I'd say we got a fair price for a hotel where we only slept during the night (we didn't have breakfast there - it costs 10 EUR per person)... if you're fancying a deluxe stay in Paris - this is not it.
PS: I sure hope they'll do something about that terrible smell in the hallway.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Location is good. You arrive at the hotel and the lobby seems ok. But beyond that...
No elevator, so you have to carry your luggage through long, dark, shabby corridors, open one door, then stairs, then another door and another corridor... this up several flights of stairs (in my case the room was in a third floor). The room was very basic, which by itself is not bad, but everything was just old and deteriorated. This, along with the funny smell, made me want to run in another direction (I didn't because I was staying only one night, and they had already preauthorized the charge on my credit card). An old, stained carpet, bathroom door that won't lock, a wardrobe door that almost won't open. A wobbly table with a lamp that you can't plug in anywhere nearby. Two old, uncomfortable chairs. A bed with an ugly old bedspread. A tiny bathroom without basics such as towel or toilet paper holders (a hair dryer would have been too much to ask!). Paper-thin walls so you can hear the loud neighbors at any time.
I had a lousy night's sleep and ran away the next morning as early as possible. Didn't bother to try the breakfast.
The only good thing I can mention is that the wireless internet worked well and was free of charge.
I agree with previous reviewers that the photos of the rooms in the website are completely misleading.
I travel frequently to Paris for work, and the thing that bothers me the most about this city is that, it seems normal that for 100 euros a night (which in many cities in the world would get you a decent hotel room), you might end up in an awful place like this...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Passy
Hotel de Paris
#14 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Residence Hotel Villa Escudier
#7 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt

Been to Hotel Exelmans? Share your experiences!