“Go before it gets its 5th star which is a formality”
Review of W Paris - Opera

W Paris - Opera
Ranked #349 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Go before it gets its 5th star which is a formality”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The hotel has an incredible location by the Opera, the subway, and the two biggest department stores (Gallery Lafayette and Printemps) and even has an Apple store on the block. It opened recently so it's still a bit of a secret.The staff is very helpful. My SPG membership did not get me a room upgrade and the rooms are very W-like (tiny) but they're priced appropriately. I didn't go for the breakfast which is almost $50 per person, since there are a dozen places within three blocks to enjoy a croissant and a coffee.

I will come back, and maybe I'll even get lucky and get a larger room.

Room Tip: Beg? W hotel rooms are notoriously tiny, but to sleep it's more than fine.
, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear Andy,

Thanks for having selected the W Paris Opera for your recent stay in France. We are glad that you liked your experience which was positively conditionned by an ideal proximity of the shopping area close by.
I would like to bring more details about the breakfast as the $50 is one of the many other options that we propose. we offer two buffets styles respectively "Wake Up" @ 38 € and "Get Started" @ 45 €. There is also an "a la carte" selection so that you only pay what you eat. You may want to confirm whether you were informed of such alternative or not while you were with us.

Please do not hesitate to inform us prior your next stay so that we will make our utmost to find a bigger room.

In the meantime, get the latest update from the W Paris Opera and become our "friend" on our social media platform.

Have a wonderful day
Olivier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I enjoy W hotels, and despite the NYTimes review chose to stay at the W Opera for a recent visit to Paris with my teenage son. Both of us loved it!
We were given a roomy (for Europe) 'spectacular' room - no upgrades available, despite being SPG Gold. The room was stylish with a large bathroom and a great view of the Opera Garnier. The soundproofing was impeccable. Linens very comfortable with fun and stylish touches. The service was friendly and immediate for every wish. Concierge Marko was incredibly helpful and friendly. There is a terrific boulangerie, many bistros, a Starbucks (just saying) and easy Metro access all in the neighborhood. The W vibe was fun to come home to after a day of sightseeing. If you are looking for a new, boutique hotel in Paris you cannot go wrong here!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear llbnyc,

I have read with great interest your report and I will take the opportunity to share it with the team who, no doubt, will be thrilled to see how happy you were with the assistance provided.

Please do not hesitate to also become "fan" on our social media platform. You will consequently receive regular updates about our activites and W Happenings in general.

I look forward meeting you here in Paris on your next trip.

Have a fantastic day
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Very nice hotel and location and top amenities, the loud disco music put us of a little when checking in, also the Euro 38 breakfast was a little on the high end, and very complicated to order. In addition the rooms are very small so don't bring two big suitcases

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tjm100
, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear tjm100,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with us.
I have noted your points re the Breakfast and the size of the room. I would recall on the first one that we do provide a large selection of breakfast whom two buffets styles respectively "Wake Up" @ 38 € and "Get Started" @ 45 €. We also can offer you an a la carte selection so that you only pay what you eat. You may want to confirm whether you were informed of such alternative or not while you were with us.
I understand that you were disappointed with the size of your room due the two big suitcases that you had. Please not that our range of room can go up to 88 sqm for and E-WOW suite; we will be glad to propose you no less than 7 different room types and rates.

Meanwhile, you may want to join us on our social media scene, so that you can enjoy the latest updates and W Happenings at the W PARIS OPERA.

With warm regards
Duesseldorf
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I have been in many W hotels all over the world. But the W Paris was the most impressive. The hotel is cool like other W hotels, but still cozy and has a very French style. Beautiful rooms, great service, exceptional breakfast. On top one of the best locations in Paris. Very recommendable!!

melbourne
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We loved this hotel!
I have never written a review before but I really felt this hotel deserves a special mention. My family and I spent 6 wonderful nights here. The staff at this hotel are the best I have seen - friendly, professional and helped us with all our needs.

The rooms are great - clean, new and beautiful with attention to detail. We had 2 inter-connecting suites/rooms. Each one was a great size and the beds were very comfy. At check in we were upgraded so that both our rooms were both the same category.

During our stay, it was my daughter's birthday. Without prompting, they organised a surprise cake and gift for her. She was so thrilled by this.

The location of the hotel is great. It is opposite the Opera and around the corner from Gallery La Fayette. A metro station is located 1 minute away.

Next time we are in Paris we will definetly stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I would like to take moment and share with you our appreciation for our wonderful stay at the W Paris Opera. To start, I must admit that I do not often stay at W hotels because I have loyalty to other hotels that I am connected to within my industry. Nevertheless, my children asked to stay at this hotel when we were planning our trip to Paris.

My family is very well traveled and we have had the opportunity to stay in some of the best hotels all over the world. I share this so that you are aware that we have a point of reference to the experience we shared at the W Paris Opera.

We have been home now for a few weeks and every time we speak of our stay at the W Paris Opera our appreciation goes deeper as we remember the experience. Besides excellent service and consistent attention to detail, we had the pleasure to discover that the W Hotel offer an experience that goes beyond a hotel stay. The staff really took the mission of the W and brought it to life!

They have an exceptional team who doesn’t just do their job, but 'shows up' with a genuine pride in serving and creating an experience for the guests here.

I highly recommend the W Paris Opera. They gave us an experience that will be forever remembered in our hearts on many levels. Our experience with this hotel and team gave us a vacation in Paris that we loved more than ever and that made us not want to leave. We look forward to our return.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Anne,

Thank you so much for sharing the experience you recently had at the W Paris Opera. As you said, all our Talents are happy to deliver Whatever Whenever you like in an unexpected way.
You are telling us that they succeded. This is all W brand is about.
This gives us even more opportunities to surprise you again when you will visiting us next time in Paris.

Should you like to be updated of our W Happenings and our activities on the parisian scene, please join us on social medias platform.

On behalf of the entire W Paris Opera Team; thank you for having let us take care of your well being during your "Parisian days".

See you soon
sydney
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I’ve travelled to over 150 5 star properties across the world in the last 10 years and I’ve never experienced such a great team like the concierge and front desk at W Paris. People are the life blood of any organisation or business and the team I engaged with during my stay at W Paris were simply brilliant.

I would like to especially call out Nicholas and Wim who made my stay something I will never forget. I gave them the most unusual and difficult task of putting together a photo book of our travels over a month, culminating in a proposal to my girlfriend. The book consisted of 180 photos and was needed in 48 hours. To get this organised in such brilliant fashion in such a short period of time was incredible and a testament to their attention to detail and their dedication to me as their guest and the task at hand. Most people would’ve said this can’t be done after several companies stated there just wasn’t enough time, but they persisted and ultimately found a very special person who put together something way beyond my expectations.

I was helped with great sightseeing, restaurants and a special somewhere to ask my girlfriend to marry me. The night could not have been more perfect and when we arrived back to the hotel to share the good news that we were engaged, we were greeted with champagne, some congratulatory balloons and a card that we will keep forever. I have business cards from the guys in concierge and I plan on keeping in touch with them and I will reach out to them again when we plan to come back to Paris.

The other members of the W Paris team who treated us like family were Marco, Luke, Anna, Matias (in the bar) and our Portuguese friend that always organised our transport. The staff made us feel like we were at home and we were genuinely interested in them as people also.

W Pairs management should be immensely proud of these guys. The fact that I can remember all their names off the top of my head tells you something.

This is my first review on trip advisor, I’ve never taken the time to compliment great service before. My experience was so amazing I had to share this story.

If it’s great service you’re after, this is the place to be.

Thank you again W Paris team.

, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear Rafrafa,

What a great pleasure to read such a wonderful report. Thanks a million for sharing your latest experience at the W Paris Opera.
We are glad that you could taste the "Whatever Whenever" in Paris! This is all what W is about: surprising you, giving you the best and doing it with happiness and pride.

I will share with the team this great Award. Should you have any plan taking you to Paris again in the near future, do not hesitate to call. Meanwhile, please do join us on our social media platform to keep you updated of our latest news and Happenings.

Please have a wonderful day.