“Great location some niggles”
Review of W Paris - Opera

W Paris - Opera
Ranked #379 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Surrey, England
“Great location some niggles”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Great location and loved the views of the Opera House. Room and general service as expected. A couple of niggles that took the shine off the stay. None of the phones in the room worked so not possible to book direct and then receive a wake up call, this is important when you have meetings to attend. Checked out having. Pre paid and paid cash for the mini bar soft drink that I consumed. After the stay and with no contact my credit card was billed. Had to chase several times to find out what this was for and eventually told it was champagne from the minibar. Was refunded but took some shine off the stay and no invoice or contact was made before taking my monies.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
olivier s, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Familye,

Thank you for your kind note regarding your latest stay at the W paris opéra. I ould like to deep dive into the telephone issue that you have mentioned as we do not have any trace of such in our records.
Would you please revert to us with your name and dates of stay so that we can launch a proper investigation.
I have noted you remark re the late charge of mini bar. We will review the process that occured in your case so that we can measure the timing between your departure time and the check process by the minibar team.
Please accept my personal apologizes for these two inconveniences and I hope that we will have the pleasure to see you again in Paris.
Anything you might need from us, please do not hesitate to ask.

Olivier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed here with friends in late May as part of a long weekend to attend Rolland Garros. I chose the hotel based on positive reviews, the fact that I like W hotels, and due to the location.

As a starwood platinum member, I was upgraded to a studio suite, which was much appreciated given the size of our group. From the moment I checked in, I was greeted with water/juices at reception and the service was excellent. This would be a common theme throughout the stay. The reception was extremely proactive and helpful, and no request was too big for them to handle. For example, I had friends arriving and departing Paris at varying times and the hotel gladly stored their luggage, even if they weren't staying at the hotel. The doormen were always happy to arrange a taxi, provide advice on where to eat, or resolve small requests. Of all the W Hotels I have stayed at, I would say that this one has the best service. Even more remarkable given the snootiness I've found at some other Paris hotels.

The studio suite was a bit small, but that's expected in any Paris hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the housekeeping was great. The bathroom was a good size. Overall the room was great - no complaints here.

We ate in the restaurant once and also used the bar several times. Both were very nice, if somewhat expensive (as expected at a W Hotel). I did not use the gym, although it was on the small side (only a few machines).

Location is excellent as it's near the opera, shopping, and public transit. It's an easy walk to several bars/restaurants, as well as the sights on the right bank of the Seine.

All in all I was very pleased with our stay. The hotel is expensive, but the quality of the rooms and the service made it worth it to us. I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Courgz007,

Thank you for your nice note of appreciation. It is very valuable and much rewarding for our team to receive such great feed back.
Since you have enjoyed your first stay with us, I strongly hope that we will have the pleasure to see you again during some other great events in Paris.
As you know, W is all about Fashion, Music and Design. We currently host some designers during the fashion week in Paris with a pop up store where we feature some creations from Calla, we will partner with Maison & Objet in september for the Design Week and we had the great pleasure to host Dubfire as one of the greatest DJ in Europe for the famous "who's in town" tour....
Those are just some samples of what the W Paris Opera do currate around a lifestyle exprience.

Should you need any advice for a future stay, just shout and we will rock it for you.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have stayed here twice now, once for 2 days and once for 18 days, and would come back for a third trip in a second. The rooms are very large by European Standards and they have the fabulous Westin Heavenly beds. Plus you can't beat the view of the Pairs Opera house, gorgeous. The staff is incredibly attentive and made me feel at home by recognizing me by sight and always greeting me by name. I have to give extra kudos to the concierge and the front desk staff. They helped with with multiple questions throughout my stay and booked taxis, dinner, tours, etc... When the concierge was not available the rest of the staff was always willing to pitch in. The general manager even went online one afternoon and purchased opera tickets for me when everyone else was busy helping guests. You can tell they value their customers and do their utmost to hold true to the "Whatever Whenever" standard. I loved the variety of amenities you get each night; one night soup, the next night chocolate, an energy drink, breath mints, etc... it was always a surprise. I fell in love with one of the amenities (marzipan apples) so much that they helped me find the supplier so I could purchase them as gifts for my family back home. Add to all of this the great location, within walking distance of dozens of the great sites of Paris, and you have a winner. Overall a fantastic experience and I will definitely go again.

Room Tip: If you can get a view of the Opera house do so. The other side of the hotel just looks out over a c...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear TNF123,

I am so thankful to read such a nice feed back from you. It is a gift that the whole team will take as a great reward for their work.
We, at the W Paris Opera, take a great pride in delivering not only an ordinary but extraordinary service.
Location, activities, Insider hints, great food and great ambiance are some of the components that make a great experience.
Should you need anything from us for a future stay in Paris, just ask and we will surprise you, just because we like it!

Louisville, KY
Reviewed 21 June 2013

just completed a multiple stop trip with family members concluding in paris prior to the flight back to the states. looking forward to paris but had been treated quite well in other stops along the way! love those spg points!! however, had communicated with starwood regarding the fact that i was going to be accompanied by a college-aged daughter and asked for a twin-bedded room. even though we checked in at 3 pm, no twin bedded room was available. they gave us a king and lo and behold it was one of those trendy bathrooms without walls. lovely, starwood. get real. needless to say, my daughter stayed with friends that evening. starwood tried to give us another room later, but alas it was too late. wake up starwood!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Louisville,

I warmly thank you for your message which has highlighted your desppointment, only.
I have investigated in our records and we could not trace the original booking in a twin bed room. I would really like to deep dive into the booking and I would appreciate if you could revert to me providing me with your name and date of stay so that we will close this issue in a nicer way.

I am looking forward reading from you shortly.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Arriving at the W Paris at the Opera was a most pleasant breath of fresh air after a long drive from Burgundy. We were greeted warmly and our receptionist at check-in seemed genuinely interested in how we were, and was anxious to make us comfortable. After we'd begun settling into our room, she called us to ask if our room was to our satisfaction, and a few minutes later we were delivered a hand-written note card along with an invitation to the Lounge! We made good on that an hour later, enjoying selections from an inventive, superb cocktail menu.

Our room had a charming sitting area with sofa and desk, and the view of the Opera House was beautiful. The service was memorable; I phoned to ask about something I couldn't find; the staff called me with status checks every few minutes, and even went through their dump to make sure it didn't inadvertently end up there!

The location of the hotel is very convenient, a short walking distance from two subway stops - l'Opera and Chaussée d'Antin - as well as a couple of blocks away from the Roissybus stop for easy access to the airport.

This hotel is known to be a bit on the pricier side, but for a special trip it was absolutely worth it. In this case, you get what you pay for, and we were most pleased by our experience.

Room Tip: The W is known for quiet, well-appointed rooms regardless of the location; if you'd like a spect...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Susan L,

How nice it is to read such a great comment further your recent stay with us. Back to San Francisco, we only hope that you will spread the word so that we will be able to accomodate some of your friends and relatives at the W Paris Opera in the near future!

We truly, as a team, do take a great pride in delivery a memorable service that participate to a great experience of Paris as a destination.

Should you need anything from us, just ask; we will rock it for you.
Have a fantastic day

San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2013

At first I was hesitant to like this place. I really didn't want to like it because it is rather expensive and the food and drinks are incredibly expensive. After our trip, I LOVE THIS HOTEL. It felt like a little bit of home inside an unfriendly and foreign city. The staff really make your experience as comfortable as they possibly can. We had a bad day and they sent us complimentary Champagne! Thanks to lina and the girls. It was a very, very comfortable hotel in a central and safe part of Paris. I would definitely stay again!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle R
Dear Michelle R,

Thank you for sharing such a nice comment about your experience at the W Paris Opera. It apparently helped to compensate some bad experiences you have had before?
Should you need anything to prepare a future stay in Paris, do not hesitate to drop a note and we will revert to you with some great plans.

Have a great day!

Orange County
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

I hate to complain about the little things but this is the kind of stuff that makes a difference! The W motto is whatever, whenever. I have a food allergy that prevented me from ordering on the regular menu so I tried to order off the kids menu. I was not allowed to do so (because I'm an adult) even after explaining my reasoning. There was nothing else for me to eat on the menu. They almost gave us another persons reservation at check in. We had to triple check with the front desk and finally they listened and gave us the correct room.

With that being said, the hotel is really beautiful and chic located right next to the Opera House. There are plenty of cafes and shopping nearby. The shower and bed are truly heavenly.

I really value service especially when paying the room rates the W is charging. The hotel should try to stay true to their motto and listen to their guest's needs. I'll stay at W hotels again, maybe just not in Paris.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Annaluvs2travel,

I thank you for your feed back. I have well noted your remarks and I can assure you that we all have taken the point, as a team.
The level of hospitality we want to provide is truly about the level of details and I cannot be more agree with you.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the chance to surprise you in the nice way next time you will be in Paris. Just send us a note before and we will take care of you.

Have a great day.