“definately only just two star, not three”
Review of Hotel Wallace

Hotel Wallace
Ranked #1,644 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We booked a different hotel and were given this as an alternative as our original had building works going on. Firstly we were given 3 double rooms instead of 3 twins. These were changed to 3 twins but only one was worth three stars and even that had basin taps that were nearly falling off the wall. All 3 rooms had dangerous electric sockets that would almost come out of the wall when removing plugs. The other two rooms were very small, one with a ceiling that was almost coming down in the bathroom and a bidet with a great big chunk missing. The wallpaper and carpets were very also very shabby. The light in one of the hallways didnt work so that it was very dark when going to the room at night and the door was really difficult to lock and unlock as the handle was loose with the lock itself stiff.
I would rate this Hotel as a One star if it wasnt for the fact that the beds were comfortable with clean sheets, the breakfast was adequate and the staff friendly enough with the location of the Hotel being close enough to walk to tourist attractions such as the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. I would advise you all to give this dangerous and shabby place a miss!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Wallace

Reviewed 21 May 2012

First my room was smelling like mold, old, dirty (was hard to stay inside) and the carpet was filled with stain. The room does NOT look like the pictures!!!
But that's just the begining!!!
Them I discovered my shower and the mirror in my bathroom was broken. (I needed to that shower on my parents room)
There's a lot of things unfinished. Something in the footer is loose and cut my finger. That incident turn dificult for me to walk. (Great!!!)
The TV and the mini bar wire are exposed (danger).
The key had some problem that tooke me almost 1 minute to open and close the door every single time.
The Staff is T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E!!! Just one guy that stays at night tried to help me and he is nice and friendly. The others... don't count on them!!!
The localition is near the E. Tower, but i reeeeeeaaaaaallllyyyyy recommend you to find other place to stay. You're not saving much here.

Believe me, this's NOT 3 stars hotel and I won't come back ever.
Unfortunately, seems like a hotel with no management. Like a abandoned hotel!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

I booked into the hotel for two nights and was charged €138 per night. i had such a bad experience i left after one night and demanded a REFUND AND I GOT IT! I have posted puctures of some if the worst parts. I stayed in room 51 which was like a store room they decided to squeeze a bed into. The bed covers were stained, the carpet was threadbare, the toilet had stains from the previous user, the TV was on top of the minibar, the there were exposed electrical wires. By far my worst hotel experience in 30 years.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there for 3 nights while visiting Paris. We choose this hotel because it was closer to the Eiffel Tower and near the main attractions. The room was not very good, as it had a window that didn't close very well (it was snowing outside), the walls had cracks, and the wall socket that the mini fridge was connected to was not working, while another one was stripped of the plastic, exposing the wires. The carpet was also very stained. We thought 'whatever', after all it was just for 3 nights and we are not the type that complaints in a cheap hotel. Well, the next day we started having problems. The light in the bathroom stopped working and we had to take our bath with the door open because it was pitch dark inside (no window). We complaint about it and they said they would fix it. When we arrived at the hotel and tried to take a shower, the light worked for 2 minutes then the light went out for good. Another bath in the dark. I decided that at least I would have a hot tea before bed, so I pick up the electric kettle we had in the room (that I thought was really nice) and as I tried to plug it in, the power in our room went out and I had to get dressed in the dark to complain. They said they would fix it, but then called our room to ask us not to use the kettle again. They didn't substitute it or fixed the bathroom light. We were really not satisfied with the service and room at all! We're low maintenance costumers and usually just want a confortable room to rest and a working bathroom, but with all the issues we had in our 3 nights stay we really disliked this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CristinaSPortugal
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Terrible hotel. Humiliating and embarrassing for the visitors. The story is this: we booked a room and we got the morning to the hotel. The receptionist told us: "Put your bags and come back at night." We said no problem. We walked all day, and 22 o'clock at night we reached the hotel. We went to the clerk and asked for the room key. He looked at notes and told us: "We are fully booked, I have no room to give you." After 40 minutes of discussion, he invited us 2 star hotel instead(!!!). In addition, while we stood there arguing,Every few minutes it was another guest room to complain about something. We wish to warn - even if you order in wallace room, dont really be sure you'll have place to stay. and if u got the room, expect nothing!!

Room Tip: dont go there!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aa b
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This hotel is a really good deal - as long as you get the right room. The staff is super helpful and speaks good English. It's a cozy, quiet and local neighbourhood, nice shopping street close by (rue du commerce), a five minute walk from Marché Grenelle, one of the largest Parisian markets and some really nice authentic restaurants right around the corner. Great area for families to stay, I would say, not dodgy at all. Three metro lines stop close by. No street noise at night.

About the rooms... We were initially put in a (otherwise nice) room with two single beds and not the double we had booked. We asked to be moved to a room with a double bed, but the first receptionist told us they only had one room left, but they didn't usually install guests in that room. When we saw it, we understood why. It was miniscule (even for parisian standards), had no windows, no AC and no space to put your stuff. We decided to stick with the two double beds in the first room and went out to explore the neighbourhood. When we came back, a new receptionist informed us that the room next to us had a double bed and had become available while we were out and were invited to take it instead, which of course we did.

That room was nice and clean, large bathroom, desk, chair, fridge & minibar, a working TV and electric kettle with tea, instant coffee and cookies. The only negative part was the window, which faced a sort of patio porch (also part of the hotel), where people would walk by all the time, so it was either privacy or fresh air.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, for the price it's a gem, just make sure you get a room with a window.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a window. There is one miniature room on the back porch that has no wi...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My room was tiny. 2 single beds put together - meaning if you want share a room with a friend or colleague - there is no way to separate the beds. Electrical outlets (2 of them) both completely hanging out of the wall. There was strapping tape holding a 2 foot panel up against the bathtub. TV does not work. Lobby scruffy - not like the photos online. Carpet does not look or feel clean.

Pros: location OK and free wifi is OK speed. This is a cheap hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room featured on their website!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business