“Bare bones basics, creepy staff, not good for a woman alone”
Review of Hotel Wallace

Hotel Wallace
Ranked #1,644 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 15 October 2012

My first stay in Paris so I wanted to like this hotel...paid $98 for a single room? The bathroom light did not work but I did not complain about this. Breakfast was supposed to be included but I did not complain about this either. The internet was very spotty. However I returned late my second evening and the night clerk offered me coffee. He then proceeded to come on to me, getting very lecherous, and I felt incredibly uncomfortable. Talking to the day clerk got little response as to the seriousness of the issue. Got a deal online in a much nicer hotel for just 30 dollars more. I liked the location, central but just far enough to be able to get to a grocery store. I would book a different hotel in the same area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Wallace

Reviewed 6 October 2012

we paid €169 per room per night and specifically booked 2 rooms with a connecting door so that it was easier with the kids. However, when we arrived they had given away the only room with connecting doors and instead gave us 2 rooms next to each other. Both rooms were small, cramped and extremely run down. In one bathroom the shower fixture was broken, in the other, the ceiling was coming down and the bidet was broken with a dangerously sharp corner. Lightbulbs did not work and the blankets looked dirty. The 'double bed' in one room was hardly wide enough for 2 small children. The rooms were hot and loud and they could only find one air conditioner. Breakfast was ok, but expensive (€50 for a family of 4!!!). I do not understand how they ever got 3 stars. Not to be recommended. Try the Family hotel Pacifico up the street!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank helen v
Reviewed 26 September 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I decided I wanted to go see the Tour de France in Paris. Although it was my idea I dumped the leg work of booking on my girlfriend. It was a trade-off over price, location and somewhere liveable. This is how we ended up here. I think she did well!

The entrance to the hotel is very swish; you might be walking into a three star hotel. The staff were friendly and all spoke English. We were early but could not get our room until 14:00 so left our bags at reception.

When we returned we got our key to the room. The room itself was spacious, there were original beams and everything you needed was there, including hair dryer, flat screen TV with lots of foreign channels, a mini fridge and kettle with tea etc (no air con).

The problem was that everything was very tired. For us and the amount we paid we could not complain. The adage you get for what you pay for is spot on in this case. It was very clean but the electrics were appalling, I am not sure they would be acceptable in the UK. I have actually travelled all over the world, normally in third world countries, and I have never seen worse. This hotel could be stunning if they just repaired some of the stuff. The location is great, staff fine, entrance nice and room layout ideal. I am in the middle of renovating my flat and I wanted nothing more than to get a screwdriver, this would fix much of what was required. Bizarre they do not spend half a day in each room tarting them up. Though, if they did that we probably would not have been able to afford it!

I am glad we did not pay out for the breakfast as if you go out the front door, take a left and cross the street at the end there is the most wonderful patisserie where you can sit in and buy a cheap, but awesome, coffee and some wonderful croissants etc. They even do sandwiches if you want to get a pack lunch and save on the expensive eateries whilst exploring. I even took some croissants home!

If I returned to Paris I would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window. Do not pay for breakfast, there is an outstanding patisserie 10m from...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2012

You should know what to expect from a 159 euro hotel while all the surrounding hotels cost 250 and up.
Old hotel with small rooms is ok for a traveller on a budget, especially visiting Paris in spring or fall (no AC).
Good breakfast - nothing exquisite but the essentials are there.
5 min walk from a metro station; 15 min walk from Eifel Tower.
Try to avoid rooms facing the street - the cafe downstairs is open till 2 am and you may not be a fan of all the music they play.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We booked a different hotel and were given this as an alternative as our original had building works going on. Firstly we were given 3 double rooms instead of 3 twins. These were changed to 3 twins but only one was worth three stars and even that had basin taps that were nearly falling off the wall. All 3 rooms had dangerous electric sockets that would almost come out of the wall when removing plugs. The other two rooms were very small, one with a ceiling that was almost coming down in the bathroom and a bidet with a great big chunk missing. The wallpaper and carpets were very also very shabby. The light in one of the hallways didnt work so that it was very dark when going to the room at night and the door was really difficult to lock and unlock as the handle was loose with the lock itself stiff.
I would rate this Hotel as a One star if it wasnt for the fact that the beds were comfortable with clean sheets, the breakfast was adequate and the staff friendly enough with the location of the Hotel being close enough to walk to tourist attractions such as the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. I would advise you all to give this dangerous and shabby place a miss!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2012

First my room was smelling like mold, old, dirty (was hard to stay inside) and the carpet was filled with stain. The room does NOT look like the pictures!!!
But that's just the begining!!!
Them I discovered my shower and the mirror in my bathroom was broken. (I needed to that shower on my parents room)
There's a lot of things unfinished. Something in the footer is loose and cut my finger. That incident turn dificult for me to walk. (Great!!!)
The TV and the mini bar wire are exposed (danger).
The key had some problem that tooke me almost 1 minute to open and close the door every single time.
The Staff is T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E!!! Just one guy that stays at night tried to help me and he is nice and friendly. The others... don't count on them!!!
The localition is near the E. Tower, but i reeeeeeaaaaaallllyyyyy recommend you to find other place to stay. You're not saving much here.

Believe me, this's NOT 3 stars hotel and I won't come back ever.
Unfortunately, seems like a hotel with no management. Like a abandoned hotel!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family