Abrial Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$256
  • Bar/Lounge
US$377
US$365
  • Fitness centre
US$322
US$271
  • Restaurant
Le Patio Bastille(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$98
  • Room Service
Hotel Le 20 Prieure(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$120
Travelocity
US$632
US$561
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmetro stationroom facingclean towelscentral pariscleaning staffarc de triomphemin walklots of restaurantsdouble bedstayed here for nightsyogurtbrochantmontmartreboulangerie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2011

When you enter on it, it seems to be a good comfortable hotel with a good price, but I was totally disappointed. First I bought a wifi card that only works in some places in the reception, not working in the bedroom, but it wasn't told me when I bought it. Then, the receptionist didn't speak english, so it was impossible to solve the problem, cause I don't speak french very well. But, anyway, the wifi card was charged. Then, the bathtub was leaky and the carpet of the bedroom got wet, smelling terribly. The hotel had no rooms to change us that night, so I had to sleep in the lake that formed inside it, with that wet dog smell. The bathtub had no shower, so we had to use the bathtub everyday, taking too much time... But that seems to be the reason why french do not take a shower everyday. The safe didn't work in the room. The location was not that good, because of the neighborhood, but there's a metro stop near it. To close my bad trip, I was asked by a impolite receptionist to pay my bill before leaving the hotel, in front of many guests that were doing their check in. But I was not leaving the hotel, I was only going to the post office with a plastic bag, to send some gifts to Brazil, and there was no bill to pay, everything was paid in the reservation, except for the wifi card thad didn't work. What a shame for the receptionist when he discovered it. I was never so insulted in my life! Hope that man was fired after it! I don't recommend the hotel for anyone. It spoiled my trip.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Abrial is in the Montmartre district of Paris which has lots to see in walking distance. In fact no where is too long to walk in Paris. If you think you need a central hotel in Paris - think again.

Keep in mind that Paris is OLD. Most buildings are not modern - and this hotel is no exception. Its been upgraded: 2 elevators (very helpful!), a 24 hr bar, beautiful outdoor patio, mediocre art prints on the walls etc...

I've read some poor reviews of this hotel but it all depends on what you are looking for. Dont expect the shininess of Vegas - and everything including a cup of coffee will be significantly more expensive. Cup of coffee in paris = $4 Cdn or 2.5 Euros. So just imagine what an average hotel will cost.

Paris was my final stop after 13 weeks of volunteering and traveling in Europe. I appreciated hotel Abrial because: 1) the employees actually smiled (a rare thing I found in Paris) 2) I had a full bath and bedroom suite all to myself. 3) the room was cleaned very well each day 4) Great airport shuttle offer available 4) the breakfast may seem expensive (12 Euros) but it is actually a very good value considering the variety of the buffet and just the fact that there is unlimited coffee.

Downside to the hotel: Major construction sigh right across the street. Dont be totally put off by this, very little sound penetrates the building. Still ear plugs dont hurt at night, but chances are you will be off exploring the city during working hours and you wont hear a thing. However, you may want to ask for a room that overlooks the inner courtyard and NOT the street. Nicer view and it will be quieter. The room itself was clean but dated and could definitely use a little modern facelift and new beds- but its Paris; old fashioned and fricken expensive. Be prepared!

Room Tip: this is an average hotel in paris - but remember this is gonna be different than an average hotel in Canada
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank shiverwinnipeg
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Yes, the price is good for Paris. No, it's probably not deserving of Expedia's last-minute deals (you save only a few Euros from the listed price). The place is clean, although the rooms have peeling paint and lack amenities many travelers expect (for example, a shower door). The location is a few minute walk from a Metro stop through a local neighborhood, but the location directly across from a large construction sight is a bit uncomfortable at night. For the price and what you get, even non-youth travelers should consider a private room in a hostel as a better-located and better-value alternative.

Also, WiFi and breakfast were ridiculously expensive. Don't waste your money, and consider the extra costs when thinking about your budget.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank crmsnleprechaun
Reviewed 17 September 2011

This hotel was booked on line by me and my partner. All went smoothly until the morning of our trip when I rang the hotel directly to confirm the booking only to find they had cancelled our room and were now fully booked. Apparently our credit card was not verified and the had been trying to contact us through email and telephone for weeks (we had not emails and had never once recieved a phone call or answer machine message!). We then had to look around and hour before we left for our flight and book a last minute hotel, either that or not go to paris at all. The receptionist I talked to was very unhelpful, I asked if he would know any hotels we could try he simply said "no", overall it was a very bad experience that i dont wish to repeat this hotel very nearly ruined our trip to paris and cost us alot more money than expected....very annoyed with them!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosie G
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The receptionists are very nice and the lobby isn't bad, but our room smelled awful, had the nastiest carpet I've ever seen in a hotel, no air conditioning, and was directly across from a noisy construction site. Zero amenities, aside from satellite TV.

On the upside, we spent a lot more time out doing stuff in Paris because the room was so depressing, and it was relatively cheap at a discounted $80/night. Standard rates were 130 Euro, though, which is a laugh given the quality of the rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms are gross. Avoid.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple