“centre of Paris”

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“centre of Paris”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

we had a good stay at the Hotel Cervantes overall

the hotel is central to the City and has some really nice places to eat all around.
nice part of the city.
the Hotel staff seem very friendly and happy to help you out.
the hotel itself is clean and the bed was ok, although the pillows were abit soft for my liking.

the room was ok in size for us as we were only there for 2 nights.

the one point which lets the hotel down is the noise of the train station next to it.

obviously, this cannot be helped, and it didn't bother me too much as I can sleep through abit of sound. but if anyone is a light sleeper then you may want to consider checking which room you are at before you stay there.
other than that, the hotel was generally a good stay.

would stay again if I was to come back to Paris, although I would maybe request another room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Coeurdecity, Directeur général at Hotel Cervantes by HappyCulture, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. As you wrote, the Cervantes hotel is clean and very well located, nearby the famous places and monuments of Paris.
Also, according to the position of your room in the establishment, some vibrations of trains can be felt during rush hours during day.
We hope you enjoyed Paris and had a nice way back to England,

Manuella Cabaret / Hotel manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel was just what I needed: bed, refrigerator, in-room safe, private bathroom, breakfast included. The bathrooms are extremely small. The shower doesn't really have a door, just a glass separator. When I showered the water went all over the floor. There wasn't a whole lot I could do about it. I tried putting towels down, but they got soaked. The good thing is that the maid cleaned it up every day and kept giving me new towels. The heating in the room also didn't work very well. I tried to turn the heat up, but the vents weren't blowing warm air. THey weren't blowing cold air either, but the goal was to warm up the room and that didn't happen. It was quite chilly and there are no extra blankets in the room.
Breakfast was fine. The eggs were questionable, but they had American coffee -- which is not easy to find in Europe. You can pretty much have all the croissants you can eat. On the weekends, get there early. During the last hour of breakfast on Sunday the dining room got very crowded and it was hard to find a table. You can also have breakfast delivered to your room at no extra charge, just call 15 minutes ahead of time.
The staff was also fine. They told me what I needed to know, but they were not very friendly.
When I was there, they were doing renovations -- painting, new carpet, etc. So it was a little in shambles, but it's all nice and new for the guest who go there now.
Even though this hotel isn't really in the most desirable neighborhood, there's a train station on the corner and you can connect to almost any other train in the city and get where you need to go. The neighborhood is extremely safe, and I felt comfortable there, but it's fairly quiet and not much going on there at night.
Overall, this hotel was worth the money I paid for it. THe accommodations are average, but so was my budget. I wasn't in the hotel often, so it offered just what I needed. I expected it to be average and it didn't exceed those expectations. I would stay there again if I went back to Paris with the same budget.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room with a view of the tower. I did, but I didn't get it. I did get a nice vi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here from 14th-17th March,
I booked this hotel for my partners 30th birhday weekend for the two of us.
The hotel is in a good location close the the metro stations Rome, Europe, Liege.
The Hotel is very clean and room (room 15) was clean but not a great veiw but that did not worry us, we could hear the trains but it was not loud or disturbed our sleep
The room had a mini bar, free safe, tv with dvd player!
Breakfast is a continual spread,
There is a lovely restaurant called Le Paris Rome which was by the Rome metro.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The front staff was very nice to us. There were 2 different gentleman working there that were from Spain and they were very helpful to us. anything we needed they were there to assist. They made or stay a lot more convenient.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you enormously for your so nice comment. We are glad to know that you spent a pleasant stay in our hotel. All the staff is available 24 hours to take care of our guests and guarantee them a quality stay.

We would be very pleased to welcome you again!

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 28 February 2014

There was several points to be disappointed for the hotel:

a) we were located to the floor which was in the middle of the renovation. Wet painting caused smell and headache, and the corridoor was messy due all kind of waste
b) room was reserved for three persons but there were towels and bed only for two. Two times we requested additional towels, without success, and then just gave up
c) bottle of parfym was stolen from the room during the first day - by housekeeping as we assume. No apologies from the personnell in reception when we informed this to them, except the gentleman when we checked out on the last day. He asked how our visti was, and he was the only one being sorry when heard the parfyme issue
d) room was clean but toilet was not

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sanna S
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 9 February 2014

To all international Travelers, who have never been to Paris:
Paris is as many other Hot Spots a very expensive place especially in high season.
Rooms in the 2 and 3 star category can be extremely small and simple.
Due to higher expectations one might have towards the 3-4 star hotels one might be generally deeply disappointed at these places as many reviews show on Tripadvisor.

Now this hotel:
Normally as a Marriott Rewards Member, I stay at the Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel, when traveling with my family. This time it was a last minute booking for one night as a flight/hotel package. As written above my expectations were rather low-I expected the worst but for one night-last minute-just fine. I was in Paris to look for a Long Stay Hotel for my son in summer, and checked out about 20 3 Star Hotels: Best Western, Holiday inn / Express, and Ibis. So I know what I saw and what I am talking about- Most of them you would not want to stay at these places for more than a night.
I got to tell you: The Cervantes is a secret little hideaway. Old building, lovely restored, with modern accents, little gimmicks here and there, privately run, in a nice safe residential area, 2 Metro stops within –5 minutes walking taking you everywhere. 5- 10 minutes walking to Sacré Coeur/ Montmartre or the great Boulevards in the Saint-Lazare area. From Alex the receptionist to the Manager: Friendly, helpful, welcoming and professional. Considering the “Parisian 3 stars” this is a real 3 star hotel price worthy and charming, which even can hold up with some Parisian 4 Star Hotels.
Advise: If affordable for you, you should spend a couple of dollars more and to book a superior room facing the street-It´s worth it and you´ll buy yourself a 4 star room feeling.
I didn’t have breakfast, but it looked just fine for a quick start into your day. Small breakfast room
(that’s just the way it is in Paris) But has everything necessary.T hanks again Cervantes staff- “I´ll be back”

Room Tip: If affordable for you, you should spend a couple of dollars more and to book a superior room facing...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
13 Thank Ralph H
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We were allocated this hotel as one of lastminute.com's "secret hotels". We were given a room on the 3rd floor at the rear of the hotel. About 2 metres from our window was a huge wall behind which ran all the train lines in and out of the nearby St Lazare station. When we arrived around 6pm there was the noise of a train passing roughly once a minute. After half an hour of this racket, I went down to reception asking to change rooms but was told no others were available. During the evening the frequency reduced to one train every three minutes until the early hours of the morning. The next day, after a sleepless night, I was promised a quiet room at the front of the hotel ( Room 51 ). We had to repack our bags and put them in the storeroom as we couldn't move in until after 3pm. On returning to the hotel in the evening I asked for the key to 51 only to be told by the new receptionist that I was still in the original room. I refused to return to this room. I was then offered a room just above the previous room which was no better, then I was offered a room on the ground floor which was on the main street and next to the door of the only lift shaft in the 6 floor hotel, which I declined. Eventually we had to settle for another room at the back of the hotel which was slightly further from the rail tracks but still pretty noisy.
Moral of the story - look at a map before staying at a hotel.
Never again !

Room Tip: Do not accept a room at the back of the hotel unless you are an insomniac or an avid train spotter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank colinpoppy
MANUELLA C, Directeur général at Hotel Cervantes by HappyCulture, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We feel very confused about your really bad experience in our Hotel Cervantes. We did not regrettably make our work correctly because the desk clerk would have actually had to give you a room giving onto the street the next day. As you wrote, few rooms in this establishment could be noisy during the rush hours, considering the closeness with the Station St Lazare.

We sincerely apologize for this matter and hope you spent anyway a nice time in Paris.