“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #30 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Zug, Switzerland
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I recently returned from a two night stay at the hotel and I must say it was wonderful. The pictures on the hotel's website are exactly how it looks in person...charming, yet also sophisticated. The location is great as well, we were able to walk pretty much everywhere on our agenda. The staff was fantastic...they genuinely make you feel that they want you to have the most pleasurable experience while in Paris...very helpful and friendly. Very very possibly my favorite hotel in Europe!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank alexis w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2012

It's my first time writing on tripadvisor even though this website is "must" when anybody is travelling from anywhere. Anyways, the hotel can be described in one word, AWESOME! I was searching x 10000 for clean, quite, not too busy, and boutique (must try in Paris) hotel in Paris, when I came across Favart Hotel, it was exactally what I was looking for. Pictures of the Favart hotel were perfect (I should say chic but cute)! When me and my husband arrived... no regrets! It was very much like posted pictures on tripadvisor! The room we got was on the first floor, it was not "huge" but not "tiny", perfect size for just two of us (enough room)! Staff were friendly and spoke English with no problem (we did not have much problem so we really did not have much chance to really interact with hotel staff)! Amentities were as it's shown in pictures. Me and my husband did use the pool and sauna which were great! Greatly recommended, even if you are only going to use it for a short period of time :D I felt the hotel was close enough from everything... subway station is also steps away from the hotel~ Just saying, visit and you will see what I'm talking about :)

3 Thank tina s
Haifa
Reviewed 25 September 2012

It exceeded my expectations, and that is after having read the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor. Truly wonderful service and you feel pampered. The rooms are spacious, spotless and nicely decorated! All the staff was just amazing, everyone was friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay there again

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Eden R
Belfast
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My husband and I have just returned from the three night stay in Maison Favart. We chose the hotel as we wanted a special hotel to celebrate a birthday and we were not disappointed. From the moment we entered the hotel we felt we entered a comfortable oasis from the bustle of the city. Staff members all went out of their way to assure us their best attention and nothing was too much trouble ( Gilles must be singled out for his friendly and helpful manner). As befits the boutique status of the hotel there were special touches which added a touch of magic to our stay. Rooms are very well appointed with a great coffee machine. Breakfast was much more than the coffee and croissants we have experienced in other French hotels and even extends to fluffy scrambled eggs, sausages and bacon.
A dip in the plunge pool is very welcome after a day pounding the streets!
The hotel is well located around the corner from two Metro stations and a five minute walk from Boulevard Haussmann and the big department stores.
This is the hotel for that special trip to Paris. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it - go see for yourself!

4 Thank lgrahambrown20
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I was staying in this hotel on early September. It was a great experience for me, the room is very quiet and cozy. Also the location is so good. I will definitely recommend someone to stay here. Will I come back to stay again? The answer is absolutely YES!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Christine C
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The location of the hotel is very convenient with a subway station less than a minute away and lots of restaurants around the hotel. The rooms are very clean and overall the hotel is very well maintained. However what really sets this hotel apart from other is the service. I have to say that the staff is excellent, everyone is always friendly and accommodating (special thanks to Hakim and Boris).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Chevy Chase, Maryland
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The hotel was very good, but by my standards, expensive. I knew that Paris was expensive, so I wasn't surprised, but did find the room small (for the money, and by Washington, DC area standards, perhaps not by Paris norms). Also, while the place was lovely, and the facilities were clean and modern, a small gripe was the shower. It had two means of water delivery, a European, hand-held shower nozzle and an overhead, large American style nozzle. Both worked well, but the shower stall door did not completely close, so that when using the overhead shower head delivery system, the bathroom floor got quite wet requiring use of a bath towel to mop up. We used the handheld to avoid this problem, but for this money would have expected the shower door to close. With a cafe and/or restaurant at virtually every street corner, this couple of comfort seeking Americans, did not find it necessary to be captive at the hotel for breakfast nor for other meals. On arrival, we were tired and ready for dinner--we made the mistake of taking the suggestion of the bellman about a nearby restaurant, and we should have known better. The restaurant, I believe the name of it was something on the order of Petite Riche , or something like that, was "substantially average", perhaps even mediocre--it was pricey, and that was expected, but not really very good--we had a good time, and in spite of rather ordinary offerings and the kind of sloppy service (not the waiter, but the kitchen--food obviously sat under a heater or was heated in the oven to keep it hot, too long, and the signs of overheating were not only visible, but palatable--sloppiness and inattention to timing of the food prep and delivery; not what I would hope for in a really good place). Dessert was excellent, and the wine we ordered at the waiter's suggestion, was good, and a good paring with our food. Paris was great, the hotel was very good, and very near a metro station (Richelieu-Dorot), not too far from the Paris Opera.

Room Tip: This was comparable to a very good American hotel room, but it was small. In room coffee machine of...