“This is an Excellent Paris Hotel”
Review of La Maison Favart

La Maison Favart
Ranked #26 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Tokyo
“This is an Excellent Paris Hotel”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I also booked into the La Maison Favart mainly because of the favorable reviews here and I was not disappointed. Thank goodness for Trip Advisor and the many travelers who take the time to write up their experiences.

I spent four nights here in early April 2014. This was a business trip to attend a trade show at the Paris Nord Villepinte Expo Center on Thursday and Friday with Saturday free for shopping and sightseeing. The hotel is located very well for both purposes. The trip to the expo center involves two transfers on the Metro and the RER B (the same train that runs to the airport) but the subway station is only 3-4 minutes away and the entire trip was less than 40 minutes, probably a lot faster than taking a taxi on a weekday and definitely cheaper. Detailed instructions from Hakim at the concierge made the trip quite easy.

The hotel is on a quiet side street with little traffic. There is a small plaza almost in front of the hotel and my room (52) faced this direction. I was a little concerned that there could be some noise emanating from it, but, possibly because the weather was cold, I didn’t notice any. I’m not sure what it would be like in the summer though. I think someone with a child was staying in the room above me for I occasionally heard some footsteps and thumping, but fortunately it was not a problem and the room was quiet at night.

My room was beautifully furnished and had everything a traveler needs and then some. It was a little small and I could not get out the door while my large suitcase was fully opened (on the floor), but this is typical for Paris hotels. There was a coffee maker, a refrigerator and a safe inside a small closet next to the bathroom door. On the desk was a picture book of Paris which I was told I was free to take home and it is a nice addition to our coffee table collection. The bathroom was quite spacious with a large tub and plenty of hot water, very welcome after spending the day walking through a trade show or walking around Paris. The curtains kept out the light very well. The complementary Wifi connection in the room was very good.

Prior to arriving at the hotel, I emailed the concierge requesting evening restaurant reservations within walking distance of the hotel, and Boris responded right away that he had booked us into two very nice restaurants. After I arrived back home I had another email from him informing me that I had left a jacket in the closet of my room and asking for an address to send it to. He put it in the mail to me the next day. All of the hotel staff were cordial, helpful and spoke excellent English.

For my Saturday of shopping and sightseeing, the location was perfect. The Galleries Lafayette and Printemps department stores, as well as the Madeleine district, are only about 10 minutes’ walk, so some of the best shopping in Paris is very handy. In the direction of the Bourse Metro station about 6-7 minutes away is a cluster of foreign exchange dealers lining Rue Vivienne. They offer the best exchange rates I have ever seen anywhere, much better than the rates available at the airport. The next time I come to Paris, I will buy just a small amount of Euros at the airport if I have to and purchase the rest here.

Incidentally, my flight home from CDG was on Sunday around 1300. Since I had a lot of luggage, I took a taxi, around 10 AM. The streets were nearly empty and the trip took only about 35 minutes, quite a pleasant contrast to the traffic jams I have experienced on weekdays.

I hope to return to this excellent hotel someday!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Hal O
stéphanie B, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us and for posting this very kind review! We are all happy that we could contribute to making your trip to Paris memorable and that the décor of your room and the service were to your liking.
We thank you very much for recommending us to fellow travelers and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,

S.Richez
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Checking in with my wife in a classic room was a mistake as a last station in our trip and having 3 large languages. Although it was well organized, it was better suited for travelers with limited room space requirement. Thanks for the great hotel staff; they were able to upgrade us in Deluxe Room that was exactly what we expected and accommodate our needs.

This is my second stay in this hotel which I consider as second home. It has relaxing atmosphere, great staff, and well maintained facilities. Looking forward to try Favart’s new expansion building expected to be ready by June/July 2014.

Thanks for making our experience in Paris as the most wonderful moments in our trip.

Room Tip: Classic rooms are confined in space more suited for single travelers or couples with limited space n...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank faisalQ8traveler
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment and having chosen to stay again at la Maison Favart.
As I explained to you during your stay, we will open in may "La Petite Maison Favart", next to the hotel. It will be a little house with 2 bedrooms, a living rom and a dining room. We could accommodate your all family. The guests will be able to use all the services of the hotel: the well-beeing center, the massage bed, the room service...

Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon,

Yours sincerely
S. Richez
East Hampton, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We checked with Trip Advisor for hotels to stay at while in Paris. After doing our due diligence we chose Favart. Everything the others had reported was true; friendly staff, great location, excellently appointed room and clean. Very comfortable. If there are any negatives it was that the room was a bit cozy. But that should not come as a shock I was told by my friends, since this is Paris. The other thing I would recommend to management is to keep the sauna and pool open later than 9PM. After being a tourist all day and then eating dinner Parisian time, it would have been great to unwind at the Wellness center.

Room Tip: 3 floor street side was quiet. Would recommend that. Room 33
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
stéphanie B, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful comment you shared with us on TripAdvisor.
What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the services and the staff, thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor.
Unfortunately we are not allowed to close later our well beeing center for security reasons.

The entire team will be thrilled to hear that their efforts were up to your expectations.

We are looking forward to your next visit,

Yours sincerely,
S.Richez
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband and I travelled to paris in September 2013. If you are new to Paris the hotel is in a great location within walking distance to restaurants, local attractions and shopping. The hotel is very nice and quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 913ElisaS
StephanieRichez, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear guest,

We appreciate your time and detailed review about your positive experience at Maison Favart.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We would be looking forward to making your next booking. Contact us directly.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed the classy and newly modernised design. The rooms were immaculate and the food delicious. The staff were extremely helpful and assisted us in making reservations or helping with worthwhile sightseeing trips.
Everything from start to finish was brilliant

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
StephanieRichez, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Even if our goal is of course to exceed your expectations it is actually thrilling to read that we succeeded!

We can't wait to welcome you again!

Warm regards from the Team!

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Three nights at La Maison Favart was great. Close to subway, shopping areas, restaurants (well, they are everywhere in Paris...) and nice small scale breakfast buffé if you like to have breakfast at the hotel. Spa area looked really fresh, we had no time to use it though. Service oriented staff, just very very nice hotel!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kalvhagen
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this very positive and encouraging feedback!

We appreciate the quality of your opinion and sincerely hope to welcome you again soon.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Beautifully decorated hotel, small but very perfect.

Staff were all extremely polite and ultra helpful.

Will definitely visit again.

Pricey and its a shame that breakfast isn't included in the price and maybe easier for everyone too.

Room Tip: Get acquainted with the area and how to get around. Rooms overlooking the Opera are lovely and great...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the location, our decor, and the staff.

We would be looking forward to making your next booking. Contact us directly.