“Immaculate property + lovely staff”
Review of La Maison Favart

La Maison Favart
Ranked #19 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 3 May 2014

What a great hotel experience! Strongly recommend!

I usually stay on the Left Bank, but La Maison Favart may have changed my mind for good. I was only in Paris for about 36 hours for an all-day meeting in the 1er, so I wanted to stay close by. I found the hotel through its exceptional reviews, and there is now there is one more to add! I arrived around 10pm, and the staff were as awake, alive, and enthusiastic as if it were 10am. The gentleman who showed me to my room made sure I was aware of how to work the lights, and rushed out of the room to fetch a room service (available until midnight) menu when he saw I did not have one. He also showed me my gift, a lovely book with pictures of Paris.

The room itself - nicely decorated and comfortable. I was in a deluxe (room 22) with a view of the Opera Comique. It had the highest ceilings of any hotel room in Paris in which I have stayed! The bathroom had both the tub (with great rainfall head) and toilet. The shower gel was delicious, and unfortunately when I inquired at check out, they do not sell it - I will be first on the list if they ever decide to!

Lastly, breakfast on the RDC boosts all the traditional french goodies (croissant, pain au chocolat, pain aux raisins), fresh fruit, cereal, etc. for 15 euros, or you can partake in hot food as well (eggs, bacon, sausage, quiche) for 25 euros. Sure, you can wander about and grab something less expensive on the street, but this was very convenient and tasty.

Thank you for everything, La Maison Favart. And thanks for complimenting my French; that would be a surefire way to get me on your good side (but then again, I was already there).

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Aimella
stéphanie B, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on the right bank and for posting this very kind review.

Next time, do not hesitate to ask us some more soaps before leaving, we will be very pleased to give you a souvenir of our fragrance.

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,523)

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location close to the shops on Italiens, the magnificent Opera house and easy access to richelieu and quatre Septermbre metro stations. The hotel is very clean. We stayed in a classic room which was relatively small but cleverly laid out with a lovely bathroom.
The hotel staff were very helpful and willing to answer any questions we had.
The small spa must be visited - its lovely and located in the basement. As you would imagine there's a plethora of restaurants in the immediate vicinity (try Saotico in particluar). I can understand why this hotel is so high up in the tripadvisor list we left feeling very happy and given the rather expensive hotel prices in Paris we thought this place to be good value for money. We would definitely return and would encourage others going to Paris to fork out that little extra and stay somewhere really nice.

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for posting this very kind review. We are all happy to read that you enjoyed our service , location and decoration.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I decided to book a weekend break for myself and my husband and chose this hotel. We arrived on Saturday afternoon and was greeted warmly by hotel staff, the concierge showed us to our room which I can honestly say was immaculate. Our room had a balcony which overlooked the opera house, it was a perfect setting. The hotel staff could not do enough to help us we ate just down the road at Aux Lyonnais (very good), they arranged a taxi for us to visit the eiffel tower and bring us back. As an English person visiting Paris many people told me Parisian's don't like us however if this was the case this hotel proved them wrong. I will definitely be returning to Paris and definitely to this hotel. Thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
stéphanie B, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful review. The entire team will be thrilled to hear that their efforts were up to your expectations

I just want to specify that your room overlooking the opera didn't have a balcony. We have some rooms with a balcony but they all face the backyard. Your room had a special window, but we can not call it a balcony... I need to write this comment in order to advise all the readers of tripadvisors!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very Clean, Very central located, Outstanding / Friendly and Helpful staff.
It was Paris sheik and rooms where not small nicely sized (I disagree with other reviews not noisey we even had our windows open at night)
I went to Paris for my niece's Sweet 16 and looked around for a hotel and went back and forth with where to stay. I was overly please and happy I ended up choosing this hotel.
I can not say enough about the staff my best example: we had locks (to lock on the love lock bridge) shipped to the hotel and sadly one of them cam with no key the staff went out of there way to try to get the in house maintance person to help us as well as offered to bring it to a lock smith for us to have them help. That is above and beyond.

1  Thank Erin M

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for posting this very kind review. We are all happy to read that you enjoyed our service and our location. Sorry for not having beeing able to open your lock... I have tried with around 20 keys but didn't succeed!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We recently stayed at La Maison Favart and it comes highly recommended. Before we go anywhere, we always investigate our hotels and we found this gem on tripadvisor. It was myself, partner and our four month old daughter and we were blown away by the hotel, its position, the staff and the all round quality of the rooms and amenities. It even has a Wellbeing Center with a small pool which we made use of and gave our daughter her first swimming lesson.
It is walking distance from all the main places in Paris except the Eiffel Tower which is a short cab or Metro ride away.
We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as 24euros was a little steep for what you get (no offense La Maison :D) ) but if you walk out of the hotel and turn left, 500 yards away you are on a main throw with hundreds of cafes, bars and Brasseries and we found breakfast for 8euros with more than enough for us all. The breakfast did look ok and if you wanted to eat in the hotel I am sure you wouldn't be disappointed. The concierge were so helpful and could not do enough for you from ordering a cab to giving us directions.It is a beautiful Boutique hotel and we will definitely be back. It is a quite small hotel which we prefer but therefor more personal. We could not fault it. The rooms especially are finished to the highest standards and for our first time in Paris, they have all made us want to revisit.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 52 which was lovely and looked over the Opera Comique. Beautifully decorated and t...
2  Thank Alan1512
stéphanie B, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear guests,

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your beautiful baby Annabelle. It is great to read that she had a first swimming lesson in our bath!

We hope to welcoming you again very soon.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel for several nights.The entrance, lobby and decor of this hotel are nice. Check in time is very late, set at 15:00 so we have arrived at that time and received the room. We booked double room and were told that we were upgraded to deluxe, but I think this was more to prevent the surprise of the rooms being so small - two people can not pass by each other anywhere in the room without one actually having to step away.

Room: The room layout is: wall, tiny night table, bed, tiny night table, wall. The bathroom and toilet are separate, however there is no hand washing facility in the toilet, so you still have to go to the bathroom. The bed is nice looking but I would not recommend for sleeping longer than one night as one side of the bed was badly worn out ( i guess the side that is closest to the bathrooms) Hotel is facing very noisey square.

Mini Bar: There is espresso machine in the room, so it is really for espresso and black tea drinkers. There is a small glass fridge with usual 10 bottles of drink (coke, mineral water, tropicana)

Room Service & Food: Room service is open from 4 pm until midnight or 1am and all orders from 10pm will be charged an extra 5 EUR. The prices are : On the room menu the Club chicken sandwich is 18 EUR and for example mozzarella salad is 18,50 EUR. There is no gluten free menu. For breakfast there is gluten free muesli and Soya milk as alternatives - so that is nice. Possible to have a breakfast in the room. Also there is fresh fruit for breakfast.

Fitness: There is a nice organized basement where one can find Sauna and very very small swimming pool, all is nice and elegantly done. Also there is well equipped fitness room.

This hotel is in good location, so for business traveller perfect as they generally travel alone, and for one person staying few days it is OK, but otherwise two people in the room, even Deluxe room, is just too small for my standards. I have stayed in Sofitel, next to the American Embassy and I have to say rooms there are indeed larger, but they do not have a pool so this is the main reason why I have opted to give this hotel a try this time.

This is a 4 star hotel and I give it an overall Average rating, as interior design and location are great (i would say above 4 star) but quality of sleep (noisey street) and size of the rooms (for sure below 4 star) are not in balance.

Room Tip: the rooms are extremely small. It could be fun for people on (short) honeymoon
3  Thank DavisandCo

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay as it is important for us in order to correct mistakes and take actions.

Needless to say, we deeply and sincerely apologise for this negative experience.
Our venue is located in one of the most historical parts of Paris, and by its configuration, the sizes of the rooms reflect the style and the charm of the 02nd district.

Regarding the noise on the square, it is true that last week end, some young people came to dance and play music on the evening. This problem has been solved by the police and they won't come anymore.

Should you ever consider coming back to La Maison Favart, we would be grateful to have the opportunity to show you our real quality of service and our drive to provide the best possible personalised assistance.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hotel is gorgeous - feels homely from the moment you enter and the staff could not have been more friendly, professional and courteous. Location is superb also.

We had room 11 (first floor) looking out towards to the square opposite which initially we thought was great as offered a nice view each time we looked out.

We spent a few hours in the Wellness centre one evening which was nice. It's small and we were on our own so it's was great.

What we were not expecting was the amount of noise we experienced each night. First night awoken at 5am as a truck unloaded outside the hotel. Next night, people shouting in the square woke us in the early hours and then on our final night, around 10 youths playing music, shouting and singing throughout the night. As this is in a square it amplifies everything - it felt at times they were rapping in our room it was so loud...The guy on reception was great on the last night and called the police (which didn't stop them) but eventually he arranged to move us at about 1:30am to a room facing the courtyard where we finally got a full and restful nights sleep.

I am giving 4 stars to the hotel as it really was lovely but the sleep issue is a big one if you're as unlucky as us with the room you get and the street noise you encounter.

Highly recommend a high floor room towards the back of the hotel. We'll definitely be back if we can guarantee this for our next booking - if not then sadly would not want to take the risk.

Other than the noise issues, cannot fault a single thing though - we had a great time.

Room Tip: Avoid front facing rooms. Youth's loiter in the square and can be extremely loud late at nigh...

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your comment written on tripadvisor.

I am very sorry to read that you have been disturbed by the group of youth people. They came some evenings during your stay but they are not allowed any more to come back. I have contacted the police station closed to the hotel and they have resolved this matter.

Please accept my apologies for this matter and I hope that you will come again to visit us , for the nice reasons you have also written: decoration, staff, location...

Looking forward to welcoming you again to make your future stay totally pleasant,

Yours sincerely