“Wonderful hotel but just a bit pricey for the room sizes” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Maison Favart

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
La Maison Favart
Ranked #21 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful hotel but just a bit pricey for the room sizes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went with my wife for a lovely weekend in Paris. The hotel is wonderful: the service and staff are fantastic, the location is perfect (a 3 min walk from Place de l'Opera), the rooms are beautifully designed. However, they are just a little small for the price, and that is why I am giving it a 4, not a 5. We had booked a larger Deluxe room, wanting to have, and expecting (from the hotel website photos), a spacious room. But realistically, it wasn't particularly spacious...the website photos are a little deceptive in that respect. Paris isn't known for large room sizes, but it was a little disappointing, having paid up for a Deluxe room. All else was perfect.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 42 (Boudoir suedois). Has a wonderful view of the small square and the Opera-Comiq...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AkkersTrip
stéphanie B, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write your comment on tripadvisor.

I am very sorry to read about your disapointment concerning the size of your room. The size of our rooms is displayed on our website, 15m² for our classic room and 18-20m² for our deluxe rooms. Hopefully, you enjoyed the staff, the service, the location and the decoration.

Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Yours sincerely

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kailua, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We spent one night at La Maison Favart on our way home from Europe. We booked a Classic Double Room thru Expedia at an affordable rate (by Paris standards). The service is great at the hotel...reception and bell service are really on top of their game. Our room was microscopic, though, and if we were staying more than just the one night, I would have gone back down to upgrade our room. The room barely fit our double bed and 2 small bedside tables. This is a very well appointed hotel with modern finishes, especially in the bathrooms. The beds are very comfortable and aside from the occasional guests talking in the halls, we found it to be quiet. We had the morning continental breakfast buffet which had a variety of yummy pastries, yogurts, fruits, and cold cereals. We walked 5 minutes up to the ND de Lorette metro to get to the 6th arr. in the morning, but there are 2 other metro stops closer, so the location of the hotel is quite convenient. We would consider staying in a larger room the next time we are in Paris.

Room Tip: If you have more than one suitcase, it's probably best to upgrade to at least a Deluxe Room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sashak808
Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your nice review on tripadvisor. We all work hard to give a very personal service at La Maison Favart, we really want that our guests feel like at home. We really appreciate you have enjoyed your short stay with us .

Looking forward to welcoming you next time longer,

With kindest regards,

Wantagh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

When traveling in Europe we have decided to stay in boutique hotels rather than big, large chain hotels. La Maison Favart is a superb, boutique hotel. All of the staff was very friendly, helpful and eager to ensure our stay was perfect…which it was (A special thank you to the concierge, Hakim). La maison means ‘home’ and that’s how we felt…like we were at home.

The hotel is very tastefully decorated and the rooms, though small, are arranged so that you do not feel cramped. The bed was very comfortable; there was a Nespresso coffee maker with complimentary coffee and tea, a nice mini fridge, complimentary bottled water, plenty of closet space to hang our clothing and a fabulous bathroom. We were on the go so much we never got a chance to take advantage of the spa on the lower level. We did get a chance to explore it and if we return to Paris, would definitely take advantage of.

We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning of our stay. They offer an express and full buffet, which is not a huge selection of items as most Americans would expect, but it is more than adequate, delicious, and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

La Maison Favart is located in a great area…lots of shopping, bistros, and easy access to the Metro which made our getting around Paris or to transportation out of Paris very easy.

If we are ever fortunate enough to return to Paris, we know exactly where we would stay and have recommended this hotel to friends that are planning a trip to Paris in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are very pleased to read that you did enjoy your stay with us, our staff is entirely dedicated to our guests and our main goal is to make our guests have a lovely and enjoyable stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon,

Yours sincerely

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We loved this hotel! The concierge was superb, the bed was super comfortable, location perfect, felt like you were at home! No complaints at all! I have used trip advisor for many trips and this is the first review I've done for a hotel, it's that good. Next trip to Paris, we will definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
stéphanie B, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay at La Maison Favart during your stay in Paris.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the location, our decor, the amenities , and the staff.
We are looking forward to your second visit,

Yours sincerely,
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

After doing quite a bit of home work on Paris hotels, I chose La Maison Favart based mostly on the Trip Advisor rankings. While the property is indeed a boutique Parisian hotel in a good location, I ended up leaving disappointed.

Upon check-in, the staff was very helpful and professional. My wife and I checked in at a small desk in the reception area and we were treated with hospitality and professionalism. The hotel is very well decorated from the reception area to our deluxe room., The bed was ample and comfortable, there was a nice mini fridge, complimentary bottled water and a nice closet to hang our clothing. The look -and -feel of this hotel is very very nice. Our room had a view to the square in front...which we loved. Windows opened, to allow a breeze when desired, and the shower was great!

I have traveled in Europe quite a few times and have gotten used to the typically small sized rooms. Even so, I got the feeling of smallness upon entering the hotel. This feeling carried through to the room. Again, smaller rooms are typical in Europe, and we were indeed cozy and comfortable.

In addition to a cumbersome system for the wireless connection (separate code for every device) the connection was weak for an urban hotel. There could have been another plug-in in the desk area and the desk area is not really lighted at all. These were small inconveniences, and we dealt with them.

The issue that compromised our stay was the construction. The hotel is expanding and we were awakened to construction noise 2 of our 3 mornings in Paris. I put a premium on sleep, and we like to sleep in when traveling, so this was an issue. I felt strongly that the fact there was construction underway should have been revealed upon booking, but certainly upon check-in. It was not. The hotel offered a free breakfast for the inconvenience, but I do not eat breakfast. Even a small adjustment to our room rate would have been appropriate and appreciated.

This is a very nice hotel in a great area, but given the choices in Paris, I will likely give another property a try during my next visit to the city.

Room Tip: Make sure there is no construction going on or your are located as far away from it as possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CoasterWarrior
stéphanie B, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience to improve ourselves and I am sorry for the mixed feelings you might have about your experience.

First of all allow me to apologise for the inconvenience you had to endure. The building next door is making some rénovations of its facade and it was quite noisy the first days, during your stay.
Now we are not disturb anymore by the noise

We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!
Yours sincerely,
Kind regards,

Zug, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Will be my place to stay on the right bank, thoughtfully decorated rooms with the most perfect small ensuite I've ever seen. I had the standard room, which is the smallest, however traveling on my own I had no quibbles. Excellent complimentary amenities in the room with the Nespresso machine and top end teas, etc. I took advantage of the breakfast - good, and the afternoon tea (free) excellent! Someone who really knows their stuff has planned this hotel to the nth degree. I loved the concierge, took bags from the taxi, then showed me to my room and explained how everything worked, then provided handy restaurant suggestions. When I return I'll make time to use their spa.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

First of all, let me thank you for choosing La Maison Favart.

I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed our staff’s sense of hospitality, and our decoration, amenities and location in the heart of Paris.

My dear colleagues and I are truly appreciative of your time in writing this review and I would like to thank you on their, and of course my own behalf.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another visit.

With kindest regards,

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We came here for our honeymoon and were very excited as this was one of the top 10 hotels in Paris. We really, really, really wanted to like this hotel.

Unfortunately, La Maison Favart fell short on a few levels.

1. Rude Staff - Julien checked us in and he sighs a lot. I know it may seem petty to complain about that, but when one sighs while interacting with guests, it doesn't make for a pleasant experience. We constantly felt like we were disturbing him.
2. Poor Sealing in Shower - If your room has a shower booth instead of a tub, water will seep onto the floor when taking a shower. Room 21 has a shower booth and the way that it's built, there is no lip between the booth and the glass door. After one shower, the floor of the bathroom was flooded.
3. Inconsistent Room Sizes - We booked a deluxe room. We were given a room that was awfully small, just enough space to walk around the bed and a short corridor to the front door (Room 21). The shower room and toilet were in two separate rooms, both about the size of a closet. We called down to the front desk, where Julien stated we were given the proper booking. My wife and I were confused as the room was incredibly small. Curious as to how much smaller the rooms could get for the Classic Rooms, we checked the photos on the website. We were surprised to find a photo in the Classic Room section that had the exact same decor as our room. From the wallpaper to the pink chair down to the lamp, it was the exact same (third photo).

This time, I went downstairs to bring it up to Julien. He pulled out a room chart and stated there was nothing he could do for the that evening but would try to get us into a bigger Deluxe Room the following day. To his credit, we were given the room next door (Room 22) which was drastically bigger. The front desk still maintained their stance that the first room was also a Deluxe Room, just a smaller version.
4. No Staff In The Early Morning - Before our departure, we spoke to a nicer woman at the front desk about reserving a car for our early morning flight back to the states. We had a 7:45AM flight to catch at CDG so arranged to have a cab ready for us at 4:45AM. We got a call from the concierge confirming the car. That evening on our way to dinner, I confirmed with the concierge that it was in fact for 4:45AM and gave the gentleman a tip.

The following morning, we get down to the lobby and the the entire place is dark. The lights are turned off, the steel gate is halfway closed, and no one is at the front desk/concierge. No problem, we'll just wait for the car to come. The car never came.

The Opera district is eerily empty at that time of day. Luckily, Uber services Paris so I was able to make a frantic request for a car. Without Uber...it's quite possible we would have missed our flight back home.

Again, we really wanted to like this hotel. Some pros were it is in a pretty quiet and central location and the decor is beautiful. However, when you feel like you're an inconvenience to the hotel staff and feel cheated out of what you paid for, no fluff is going to compensate for that.

Room Tip: If you book a Deluxe Room and they try to give you Room 21, ask for a larger Deluxe Room. Not all De...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank icex731
stéphanie B, Propriétaire at La Maison Favart, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear guest,

We thank you for kindly sharing details from your recent stay at our hotel.

While we are delighted to read that you liked the decor and the location of the hotel, we sincerely apologise for the matter described in your review.
We are investigating the matter with the taxi request.

Please note that the first room you had (#21) is a deluxe room. The size of our deluxe rooms is 18-20m². The decor "Justine & Charles" is proposed in our classic room (picture on our website #11) and in our deluxe room (#21, the one you had).

If you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact our executive offices. We certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to delight you during a future visit to Paris.

Best regards