“Hit and miss”

Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Australia
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This placed was packed which we took to be a good sign. Well my mushroom omelette was virtually inedible. It was more like fried egg with tinned mushrooms thrown in. Also it was extremely oily. Really the worst omelette I have ever eaten. My dining companions omelette on the other hand was good. Hard to reconcile.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank rrw11

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Rainbow Lake, New York, United States
“Lunch On The Left Bank”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our hotel in Paris is just steps away from the Church St. Suplice. After touring the church, we felt a little hungry. We found a small but busy bistro across the rue from the church plaza. We had a light lunch and found it to be a great place to know about when exploring the area around the Garden of Luxembourg. I chose the Parisienne salad which my wife and I shared. The service was fast and very friendly. The price was more than reasonable. Inside, in an adjacent area is a coffee counter and small stand-up beer/wine bar. The best part: I think the two of us were the only tourists. All the other diners were, it appeared to me, to be locals.
That says a lot about the quality of the brief menu.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Patrick E
Long Beach, California, United States
“A gem of a cafe”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My favorite place for a café crème and a croissant in the morning...a few feet from the Eglise St. Sulpice. Never had lunch there, but they get incredibly busy in the outdoor section, and the salads looked wonderful. Service is very good. English spoken.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Alejandra V
Boynton Beach, Florida
“A Busy Little Paris Coffee Shop”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The staff does not speak English so prepare yourself for a genuine French experience. I usually order fresh walnut bread with coffee (cafe creme). This little cafe was Henry Miller's favorite coffee stop. Perhaps it inspired his book, Tropic of Cancer.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank dan w
London, United Kingdom
“Great place for Parisian Cafe Vibe”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Definitely get a bottle of wine... its served in a beaker!

Delicious pumpkin soup and I had the chicken for a main. Too full for dessert.

Reasonable prices for the area. Love the 'moving menu' (aka waitress taking down the chalkboard and bringing it to your table)

Definitely want to come back!

• Visited December 2013