Atelier Montparnasse
Hotel Le Six(Paris)
US$334
US$309
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$181
Official Site
US$411
US$389
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$163
US$211
US$178
US$1,788
US$1,358
  • Pool
All reviewspernety metrominute walkjunior suiteunderground stationthe breakfast areatypical parisiangreat neighborhoodshort breakcoffee machinewalk in showerrooms are smallsmall supermarketthin wallsstreet sidestayed for nightsboutique hotelconvenient location
Reviewed 22 July 2014

very clean modern UK style rooms, the service was excellent
close to Montparnass for train or metro to any location, (metro station 5 min walkig)
deffenetly worth the money
will recomand for touristic visit or for business trip

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MBaziz
Ivan J, Responsable réception at Atelier Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear guest,

Every member from the Atelier Montparnasse Team would like to thank you for your sweet comment regarding your stay.
We are glad that you enjoyed the decoration, cleanliness and situation of our establishment.
We hope that we will have the oportunity to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards,
Amel,
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here in June for 5 nights Staff lovely and very helpful good location close to Metro restaurants and shops really enjoyed our visit here.also as we could not speak French Lady in breakfast room could not speak English we managed to get through to each other in sing language and she always had a big smile
Loved Paris . Would recommend

Maureen Wright

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank irishrover16
Ivan J, Directeur général at Atelier Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Maureen,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Atelier Montparnasse Hotel.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Your enthusiasm is a real recognition of the work of the team, who tries to exceed the guest's expectations every single day, even with sign language :)

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon,

Best regards,

Ivan Janes

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights early July as a central base for a weekend in Paris. We chose this hotel mostly for its location, it's close to the metro, and also if you're feeling energetic the main tourist attractions are walkable. In addition there are also plenty of amenities in the surrounding areas - we found a really nice little creperie just up the street, reasonably priced, and good quality.
The room was small, but this is not unusual in Paris where like many cities space is at a premium. Although small we found the room to be well equipped and pretty clean.
We included breakfast in our rate, options weren't bad and consisted of the standard continental breakfast, but there was the possibility of eggs etc.
Overall I would recommend this hotel as a really good base for a trip to Paris, and wouldn't hesitate to return in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JaneM1969

Dear Jane,

Thank you for having shared your opinion on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Atelier Montparnasse Hotel.
The hotel’s location, as you personally emphasized, is one of its power points, along with the services we continuously try to improve.

Looking forward to welcome you again,

Best regards,

Ivan Janes

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I wish TripAdvisor had a "good" category between "average" and "very good." (Are you listening TripAdvisor?). Like two other hotels I reviewed recently, this one is certainly much above "average" but not quite "very good." In all cases, I would like to have given 3.5 circles and a designation of "good" but have erred in each case on the side of four circles and "very good." As with the hotel I stayed at in the 11th arrondissement two weeks earlier, I was worried about this one pretty deep in the 14th. And as with the other hotel I was pleasantly surprised to like the location. I actually liked this location more, because it's really right in the heart of the "real" Paris on a narrow commercial street with lots and lots of cafes, patisseries, grocery stores, and everyday shops and services (laundry, dry cleaning, beauty salons) for everyday Parisians' needs. There is no reason for tourists to come here except to the several hotels on the street and they don't, which I think is a good thing particularly in early July when the more central parts of the city were just over-run. So it was well off the beaten path but still right in the midst of a vibrant local neighborhood. That's a good thing. The hotel is also very close to the Pernety metro, which, while it isn't the most well-connected stop, it's not that bad either. As for the hotel itself, I'd praise the decor on the ground-floor common area which is both very stylishly decorated and bright and airy. It's really quite a contrast to the street outside. I'd also praise the hotel staff who were very professional and very friendly. The room was small and the bathroom tiny, but it was well equipped and well laid out. I was a little perturbed that the television didn't seem to get whatever sports station televised either the World Cup or Wimbledon, both of which I would like to have watched. The biggest problem for me, however, was the noise. There are lots of rooms in a small space, so that my door was right up against the neighbor's door; they were so close that we couldn't have entered our rooms at the same time if we wanted to. The fact that the doors don't have ordinary door knobs that you can turn gently but rather large rings that you must pull hard, meant that the doors produced a lot of gratuitous noise. And the walls are thin. I could hear conversations, neighbors' friends coming to visit late at night from other rooms, television sounds, people bursting off the elevator in ebullient conversation, etc. Worst, though, was the sound of a short buzzer that went off regularly through the night. I never did determine the source of this and didn't ask about it since I didn't know the French word for buzzer. Apparently it's "buzzer," with a French accent. I thought it might be the elevator (as it went of with that the regularity of an elevator) but think it was something else. The street was noisy as well, so that I couldn't keep the window open for very long. Luckily the air-conditioning worked well: it both cooled the room and drowned out some of the noise. And the halls are so narrow that I often had to leap over vacuum cleaners and other paraphernalia while the rooms were being cleaned. In sum, while a good little hotel, I cannot imagine how anyone could call this "amazing." It was, however, a great value. In fact, it was half the price I paid for a hotel two weeks before and I preferred this hotel to that one. Lastly, I should add that while the WiFI was acceptable it was the slowest I'd had in the month I'd been in Europe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed for a week on this hotel, which had been chosen for us by the host of a meeting that I was participating in for the final two days of our time in Paris. The neighbourhood has lots of great amenities and some tourist destinations within walking distance, the nearby metro station provides easy access to the rest of Paris, and Montparnasse main line station was handy for a very nice day trip to Chartres.
Yes, the room was small, that's normal for Europe, but the shower was excellent, the windows were amazing at blocking the street noise, and the a/c and free WiFi were unexpected bonuses.
The staff were super friendly; I tried to converse in French, but they were very happy to switch to English if necessary. We had our wedding anniversary during our stay. We went out looking for a place for dinner, but it was a Monday so many bistros were closed, and those that were open were overflowing with fans watching France's World Cup game (a fun atmosphere on the street, but not helpful to our stomachs). So we decided to get some quiche and dessert at a local bakery (always a delicious option), along with some champagne from the supermarket and head back to our room for a "picnic". When the young woman at reception saw the bottle she asked if we would prefer to sit in the small dining area to watch the game and she brought two champagne glasses out to make our wine more enjoyable. When I told her it was our anniversary, she produced a complimentary box of chocolates!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple