The hotel is very centrally located, just off Rue de Rivoli - the Louvre is really close and most other main attractions are quite close as well (30 mins walk max). While is is clean and quite nice overall, there are things that could be vastly improved (I understand the furniture is designer furniture, but (plenty of) coffee stains on the coffee table I find unacceptable, as well as the ripped wallpaper behind the TV).
I was also upset by the fact that I (thought I) had reserved the suite Ecuyere 6 months in advance, only to find out when contacting them in April that my reservation had never been fully processed and the room was no longer available.
We therefore had the Suite St Roch with a rather funny style: bathroom door behind the bed (with barely enough room to open), toilet separate from bathroom and sink (though I've seen this before in Paris, will just never understand it), 2 bathrooms, one with shower one with tub (maybe a bit excessive, would have rather had jus one big bathroom I guess).
When we arrived, although we had requested early check in, the room was not available. No biggie, we walked a little until 3 pm, when the room was finally cleaned and available.
I have come to believe that the room that you get in this hotel is rather important, as I feel standards are quite different. I am also sure it is very important who you talk to in the reception area, some of the staff are extremely friendly and helpful, others not so much :(.
I realise this is a very mixed review, but these are my feelings towards the hotel: sometimes so nice, sometimes big let down. Would I stay here again? Not really, but this is mostly linked to the fact that there are so many options, and I don't think it's worth the money unfortunately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The spirit of a location, the elegance of a place The Le Pradey hotel, tucked away on a tiny street near the Tuileries garden in a historical neighborhood overflowing with elegance, opens its doors to reveal a precious Paris. Between the great Louvre Museum and the glamorous rue Saint Honoré, anything you could wish for is just a few steps away. Discover the most inspired, intimate settings of a pure, serene address. A mineral-toned clarity in noble, voluptuous materials, furniture with just the right touch of modernity, charming, calm corners and muffled well-being with fragrant softness: the hotel Le Pradey's 19 rooms and 9 junior suites are devoted to perpetuating a seductive lifestyle. Pure luxury in some rooms, a Paris balcony or surprise themes in others and, of course, attention to detail in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Pradey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Pradey Hotel Paris
- Louvre Saint Romain Hotel
- Louvre Saint Romain Paris