“Decent and value for Money.., Hotel”
Review of Hotel Pilime

Hotel Pilime
Ranked #727 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed recently in this hotel. Though the rooms were small it is maintained well and staffs were friendly.., The major advantage is it closer location to the metro station in the main city.., from here one can reach any places within minutes.., wi-fi is good in lobby only dont expect in rooms.., otherwise it is an decent hotel..,
by Uma Sankar S & Priya K Jose

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank umasankar8282

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Due to circumstance, I wound up needing a hotel near Place de Clichy immediately for six days. After much internet searching resulted in nothing under 250 Euro for places rated in the lower than number 1,000 on TripAdvisor, I hit the streets and asked around hotel by hotel. Aurore Montmartre told me they had one room just come available because of a cancellation. I thankfully accepted. The hotel really is in a nice area, maybe 50 meters walk from Place de Clichy. The desk clerk also cut me a deal and in late June I was getting a room there for 100 Euro/night, a very nice price for that time of year in Paris. The staff was always friendly and welcoming. The only bad part were the actual accommodations. Thankfully, the room and bathroom were clean, so that was much appreciated. However, there were three big drawbacks to the room. One, the bed. After six days on that old, spring-protuding contraption, I can honestly say I now walk with a limp. Not good. Two, the heat. Granted, the week I spend there was humid and warm throughout Paris, but every single time I walked into the room (to the nasty smell of lemon air freshener, which I ultimately discovered is permanently attached to the back of the door) it was like being hit with a bath of heat. It was impossible to sleep in there without the window being open, but that leads to the final point. Three, the noise. Don't let the size of the street fool you. Although rue de Clichy looks like a little one-lane street, it is HEAVILY traveled 24 hours a day. There is good reason for this: it is a straight shot from another central location to the Place de Clichy, which leads to the Port de Clichy, which leads to the freeway out of Paris. That means big delivery trucks use that street as a short cut at all times of day and night. It also serves as the primary short-cut route for responding emergency vehicles, so you will get a good 50 vehicles with sirens blaring away drive just outside the hotel every day. Remember, the heat problem? Now imagine leaving the window open all night just to breathe as the legions of traffic go past just meters away from you (it didn't help that I was on the first [French] floor either).

Room Tip: Try to get something on a higher floor and make sure you can breathe in there when the doors and win...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ProfessorHedonism
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Nice 2 star hotel, neat and clean. A bit too expensive, but I loved it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Sasha S
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I was in Paris last w.e. only for 3 days, and I have to say, that this hotel is really good. Rooms are very small, but it is standard in Paris (not only in hotels). Room wasn't new, but clean, and my bathroom was renewed, so I can't complain! The staff from this hotel was really friendly and very very helpful!
But the best in this hotel is location! Just 2 minutes from metro, near Mouline Rouge, and around 10 minutes from the big church Sacre Cour! Many pubs and restaurants around the hotel!
They also offer typical french breakfast, which was ok for me.
I really recommend this hotel for the price, location and very helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank CatherinneP
Reviewed 21 April 2011

The staff were very friendly and allowed us to have our room even though it was before check in time. The rooms were small, but clean. We had the largest room on the floor according to the fire escape pamphlet in our bedside table, so I doubt I'd want to see the smaller rooms. The hallways were dark, but had illuminated switches for lighting that would switch off after a time to save electricity. The walls are fairly thin and we kept hearing a baby crying and someone playing a hand drum, but everyone was very respectful of nighttime hours. It is very close to the subway stop and taxi stand at Place de Clichy and is in a good neighborhood with lots of nearby eateries and ATMs. The cleaning staff did a very good job of making up or room and didn't bother the things we'd left out, just cleaned around them, which was nice. We found the pillows and mattress to be less comfortable than some of the pricier places we'd stayed in France, but the cost of the room was very cheap, so we were okay with what we had.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LacyPhillips
Reviewed 6 July 2010

It is one of the worst hotels I've ever been. It is important to said that is a 2 stars hotel, ok?. However, I would like to bring you my opinion which I believe could be positive. The first room they gave me (no. 1) was unbelievable. Humidity, smelly sheets, interior windows, old, and the worst thing is that you can listen to the receptionist' conversations. I asked for changing the room and they told me it was full booked, so I had to wait one day. Luckily, the new room was a bit better (no. 34), it seems it was renovated like 10 years ago, but at least, it has an external window, which is very important because the hotel do not have AC or fan, and the temperature in summer is more than 30 degrees. So if you suffer from heat, avoid this hotel.
The elevator is so small that can hardly fit one person with his luggage.
After three days, my sheets were not changed but the bed was done....so I told the receptionist who did not do anything....of course....
Other day I had to wait more than 45 minutes in the reception, because the receptionist had gone away and left her mother (I believe) who, do not speak English or other language.
On the other hand I like the location, is nearby Moulin Rouge and 80 metres from the metro, but more than 1 hour of walking to the centre, especially important at night when is very difficult to get public transport.
Finally in the morning of the last day I asked if they could book me a taxi with more than 10 hours in advance, and of course, the only 2 companies they had, were already full....very 'client-oriented' service.
Good luck!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Travel-lover_sXXI
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I demand very little from business travel accomodation and this little place met all my requirements. The room was very small but all I wanted it for was sleep so that was fine. It also had a fridge which was handy.

The shower room and bedroom were both very clean and tidy - clearly looked after. The corridor's were a little shabby and dingy and had air-freshners thingys left all around but it's not the end of the world.

The restuarant badly needs redecorating. It's in the basement and is not very inspiring.

The staff at the hotel are really nice though. The reception staff are polite and helpful which is lovely to find and the women in the restauant are very warm too.

The rooms all have free wireless which would have been brilliant but it wasn't working for the first two days of my stay. The reception staff were open about this though so it was fine.

The area is not the nicest or safest in Paris but it's well lit, vibrant and convenient for getting to all other districts so it's actually a good place to stay for business or a short break. There's plenty of local restaurants, cafes, a cinema and some bars etc. The hotel is only minutes from the Metro stop so it's well located.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business