“Perfect central base”

Hotel Louvre Sainte Anne
Ranked #629 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here in April. From the beginning the hotel was more than helpful. We were arriving late, and the staff were friendly and welcoming from the moment we arrived. Full of advice and tips about exploring the city, what to do and where to eat... Some amazing recommendations, all within walking distance. The rooms are small, but as are the majority of rooms in Paris. They are clean and have everything you need after a long day. We found Moun to be particularly helpful, and will definitely stay here again when we return to this great city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This excellent little hotel was recommended by our travel agent (who knows everything!!) and she was correct, yet again.
The location is excellent, the staff is excellent; couldn't do enough to help and spoke much better English than I do French - which was a relief.. They were helpful in local restaurant suggestions, booking train tickets and entry tickets on their internet and answering questions - nothing was too much trouble.
Breakfast is not included but available in a little cave-like basement - very cute - but only good value if you're hungry and have time.
It doesn't have a huge impressive foyer so if you're into glass/marble/brass impressive, best ante up for a flasher hotel. There is a small lift, and the room (which overlooked the front street) was also not massively large, but more than adequate for our 3 night stay and not too noisy.
The rates were very reasonable and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

7 friends and I stayed here for 1 week late April 2014. We loved the hotel. We are all walkers and the the hotel's location made it possible to walk to major sites. None of us had any concern about walking in the area at night. The staff were exceptional. Andre, Edyta, Bernie and Moun couldn't have more helpful. Moun even ironed a top for me because I was running late for the ballet!

Room Tip: My room faced the street and while it didn't bother me two of my friends would have preferred a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel is in an intimate neighborhood with a number of Asian restaurants. There was a wonderful restaurant just across a small street next door.

We arrived at the hotel on Friday afternoon, after driving through rush hour traffic in the heart of Paris. We were a two-van-caravan of nine passengers and we were all frazzled by the convergence of scooters, motorcycles, tiny cars, large cars and city buses at every traffic light and street corner.

I went in to register the group and ran out to help get the luggage unloaded because the van was double-parked in front of the hotel. The young woman from the ran out to the street and helped us get the luggage into the lobby. I knew we had a winner.

The hotel has about twenty rooms, accessed by a tiny elevator for two. Too cute. The rooms were small, but more than adequate and quite comfortable. Breakfast was served in a cute basement. That may not sound like a great space, but it was perfect. With only 20 rooms in the hotel, the breakfast space was spaceous was all the guests. The offerings were typical for a Paris hotel - breads, meats, cheeses, yogurts, coffee, capucino. A good, good meal to start the day.

What made the hotel super-special was the staff. There were several members of the staff who were there during our stay. They all went out of their way to make our visit to Paris as special as it could be. They chose restaurants, made reservations, printed boarding passes and scores of other little things that made our stay very perfect. Take my word, this place is truly wonderful.

I was so excited to write this review when we were returned from Paris, but I was unable to access my Trip Advisor account until now and I refused to abandon my original account get another one and start all over with reviews going forward.

Room Tip: Our party had 5 rooms in the hotel and we all had good rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The location is good (15 min. walk to Louvre), groceries and many restaurants nearby, the rooms are adequate (no smaller than most European boutique hotels) but it is the staff that keep us coming back.This is our second stay in two years and this time we came back with another couple who were also very impressed with the knowledgeable, friendly and helpful staff.I have a physical disability. I can not walk more than a few steps.I travel with a small scooter.There is a handicap accessible room on the main floor that is a tight squeeze but works.The day we went to Versailles by train a key joint on my scooter broke.This was the end of my visit at the palace.I sat in a manual wheelchair for the rest of the day while my travel companions looked around. I thought it might be the end of the trip for me. We were leaving in 48 hours for four days in Iceland.Long story short...one of the staff (Edyta) spent Saturday afternoon, while we were still at Versailles,calling and emailing contacts to see about finding a welder. No one was available.The next day,Easter Sunday, the hotel 'handiman' arrived at the hotel,worked for a couple of hours and had the scooter up and running in time for us to get out for the afternoon and evening. Amazing!!! We were sorry to be away from family at Easter but this is home away from home.My husband and I have traveled to 45 countries in the last 10 years and this is our favorite hotel.

Room Tip: There is a room for handicapped travelers on the main floor.It may not work for everyone.It is a tig...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AnneHarland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Hotel location is good, just near Musee du Louvre. One hotel staff was really kind and friendly. Breakfast was really nice, especially the staff made us omelette in front of us and it was really delicious. The room was small, and the bed is too small for 2 adluts and one child.
And if you like ramen(Japanese noodle), there are many rgood amen shop near hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We chose this hotel hoping for an improvement over hotels where we stayed during previous trips to Paris, but right away we knew that we were mistaken. Although the name suggests close proximity to the Louvre, the hotel is surrounded by small, low budget Asian restaurants and markets. The room was small, the pillows flat, and the bathroom tiny. On a positive note, the room was quiet. Most of the staff were competent but, even though we alerted them that we were going to need a taxi at checkout, a taxi could not be summoned and we had to walk a couple of blocks to catch a taxi.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple