“Weekend in Paris”

Hotel Pointe Rivoli
Ranked #1,491 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is actually very nice. Excellent location, right in the center of Marais, one of the most popular neighbourhoods in Paris.
It is very clean, staff very friendly and english speaking. The rooms are not very big but perfect for a weekend in Paris.
The only no no are the stairs which are very narrow. Not suitable at all for someone with mobility problems. There is no elevator.
Overall, a very good experience. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank MarlenePedro

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Id really recommend this hotel for its location, friendly staff and lovely and uptodate rooms. The hotel is right beside St Paul (Marais) tube station so was very easy to find, which wa great as i was arriving late. The staff were very friendly and desk is manned 24h. My room was lovely and ensuite was very modern with good pressure and constant hot water (not always the case in Paris). The entrance is quite inauspicious (a door between two restaurants) but its a great location once found! Public areas not so clean but rooms apotless.

Room Tip: My room was at the back of the house but there was noise from ppl.chatting in a courtyard and a low...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
2  Thank Lorrs77
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Lets start with the positives - it's a fantastic location.

This has got to be one of the worst hotels that I've EVER stayed in. Just generally unclean, old and very worn out, bad design, bad functionality.

There is a huge ventilation issue between the bathrooms/rooms. Some rooms are smoking therefore the smell of smoke just moves through the rooms. It was like someone was sitting smoking in my bathroom. Just disgusting.

It is a real shame as the building has the potential to be a super cool small hip hotel due to its location to the Marais and the availability of design in Paris. Small does not necessarily mean bad. Mama Shelter has small rooms but designed incredibly well.

I would not recommend this hotel. For €125 per night there are much better hotels in the neighbourhood for the same price, if not cheaper.

Room Tip: Do not stay... ever!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank visitorofworld
Cyril L, Directeur général at Hotel Pointe Rivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We first wish to thank you for your stay in Hotel Pointe Rivoli.
We are sorry to note that you did not enjoy your stay.
All the rooms are checked everyday, and most of our clients are satisfied about the cleaning.
Please note also that all the hotel is non-smoker and that we do have smoke detections in every rooms.
We really do our best to make our client's stay enjoyable.
We invite you to stay again in our establishment to change your mind about us.

Best Regards,

HOTEL POINTE RIVOLI

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed here in April 2014 for 2 nights. Location to St Paul Metro & the Marais area is brilliant. We can't speak highly enough of the staff as when we arrived I discovered I had left my handbag with passports etc in the taxi. After running outside to try to catch the taxi they then rang the taxi company to advise them. They were very comforting & positive that it would be returned. Thankfully the handbag was returned within the hour. As we were staying on the 6th floor the staff offered to take our luggage up to our room. Yes the stairs are narrow & as we are a mature couple we would never have made it to the 6th floor without help. Fortunately we were moved to the 2nd floor for the next night but you get the street noise & the sound of metro escalators. Both rooms were very clean, not big but fine for a short stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

As a last minute trip and no hotels within budget I decided to try the Pointe Rivoli. After looking at some of the photos I decided to try as it looked ok. Don't be fooled by the pink suite looking photo! When I arrived I couldn't find the hotel as there is no visible name just HOTEL! I walked down the corridor to the reception desk which smells badly of smoke. I wasn't informed of any breakfast arrangement even though my stay included breakfast. I was handed a key to the six floor and my heart sank... There is no lift at this hotel! I had to literally drag my suitcase up 6 floors of tiny winding stair with no offer of help from the guy on reception. I got to my room actually dripping of sweat from the climb up the stairs! The room was dated, awful decor, mouldy smelling shower room and noisy neighbours. I can honestly say its the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The location however was perfect as it is right by the metro.

Room Tip: Avoid the sixth floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank beanieandnorm
Cyril L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Pointe Rivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Good afternoon,

We are really sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay at all in Pointe Rivoli Hotel.
We try to do our best to offer the best stay to our clients.
The pink suite photos are real, but of course to get this room, you should book a suite and apparently you booked a double room.
The pink suite is the room number 20.
We serve breakfast everyday from 07.30 to 10.30 AM. We usually specify it at the check in time.
If not, my collegues are available 24h/24 to answer any questions.
Unfortunately we were fully booked and you have booked a room on the top floor, otherwise we could have managed to give you a room lower.
Rooms are checked everyday and we are sorry that you did not like it.
Again we are sorry to hear that your stay was not what you were expecting for.

We hope to welcome from you again and make change your mind about us.

Best Regards

HOTEL POINTE RIVOLI

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Yes, the stairs...we expected something like this. I'm not going to complain now about it.
The hotel location is superb; you can reach any point of your interest. Just close to a small shop and to a Jewish district. In 5 min you can reach bicycle stop where you can hire a bike practically for free.
Our room overlooked a small yard, so it was not noisy at night but you could easily make friends with your neighbors  Our bathroom needed some repairs and the other negative thing about the room – the absence of a mini bar or a fridge. We usually buy food and from time to time have snacks. So, this time our food didn’t keep for long as we visited Paris in August. So, be aware of it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandra I
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The location is really the only positive thing I can say about this hotel. Located right by Saint Michel in the Marais, it's unbeatable.

However, the winding staircase is so narrow and steep and children and elderly should not even consider staying here. There is no elevator so you will have to drag you suitcases five flights of really worn down stairs. The rooms are extremely tiny and quite worn down.
The fuses in my room were broken and I asked the reception to fix it - they did not. I had to find the fuse box myself and change the fuse!

Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business