“A little gem”

Hotel Marceau Champs Elysees
Ranked #497 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Fantastic location, with the Arc de Triomphe at one end of the street and the Seine at the other (and just a short walk to/from the Air France airport bus stop); lovely friendly and helpful people (there was even an early breakfast on marathon morning—very thoughtful); classy modern but cosy decor; adorable and very comfortable room; what's not to love! This hotel was a fantastic find—I've already recommended it to friends and I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Marceau Champs Elysees

Reviewed 2 March 2013

The American Cathedral in Paris staff recommended this hotel. The staff was attentive and quite helpful. It is about 10 minutes up hill to the Arc d'Triomphe and 10 minutes downhill to the Seine and Alma Marceau Metro stop. Breakfast was hot and delicious. My roommate found the room a little 'dusty' and we did have a lot of noise bleed-through from the room next door. the rooms are VERY small, but they suffice for a tourist who spent most of her time moving quickly around the city and its museums. I would love to come back and stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RedShoesProject
Reviewed 27 February 2013

*The hotel is well located, it is in the middle of all touristic attractions. The hotel management and staff are really friendly.
*Breakfast was good, the basics nothing fancy.
*the rooms are renovated, furniture is nice, but the rooms are really small. I stayed at their BIGGEST room and it felt really small, the toilet with the shower area was lime 2mx1m! if you are planning to stay at the hotel in your room and enjoy your day their, then this is not the hotel to stay in. However, if you are active and like to spend your day out in the streets, this is the perfect hotel for you.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms on the last floor, the windows are 45 degrees tilted, you will see nothing.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Selected this hotel from, what else, TripAdvisor accounts, because I needed a place within walking distance of Musée d"Art Moderne, which is maybe ten minutes away.
Requested early check-in because my flight arrived early morning, and the moment I got there, they said that my room was ready. This means alot to a weary traveler, believe me. Was there for four days.I found the room rates to be quite reasonable for the quality of the experience and the good location.
This is the quintessential boutique hotel, and I had one of the "garret" rooms on the sixth floor. The room (and the rest of the hotel) was thoroughly redesigned in the most comfortable modern style. Had plenty of room to spread out. The picture of the lobby waiting area is typical of the rest of the hotel.
Staff was most accommodating, available 24-7. When I left, they let me know I could get an early breakfast, before the official opening hour of dining room. Nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Aude48214
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed for four nights in their superior rooms – which were worth paying the extra for as they had a bit more room and had balconies (we had to do this to book a twin) . We booked two rooms as we were taking our two teenage children and asked for rooms next to each other – this also happened and we were next door

We arrived of the early eurostar and the hotel looked after our bags until later in the day. The same happed on our day of departure so our time in Paris was maximised.

The location of the hotel is amazing, you can cut across the road in front of the hotel and go straight down to the arc de triomphe – which is great for shopping and finding restaurants in the evening.. There arealso little bakeries dotted around the hotel for the odd pastry and cheese baguettes you may need. The Seine, Eiffel Tower is within walking distance and we hardly used the Metro – only to go to the Sacre Coeur .

The front desk staff were fantastic, helping us to find what we wanted and giving advice of how to get here & there – they were welcoming and good natured and had great banter with my 15 & 19 year olds who seemed to like their complimentary sweets on reception!

I think other reviewers are being very mean over the breakfast – admittedly the staffs English is not the best – but we are in France aren’t we? There was plenty of tea, coffee, juices, cereals, croissants and pastries, jams, yogurts etc. Plus there was bacon & sausages keeping warm if you wanted them – it was completely adequate and plenty to get you started for the day.

We had two superior rooms for four nights and pre booked with the maximum discount and paid 1064 Euros including breakfast – I think it was amazing value for a great location.
I would certainly recommend this hotel, very safe area and if ever in Paris again I would certainly book without trawling to find anything else – as there is no need.

Room Tip: Choose the larger deluxe ones
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lamonts
hotelmarceau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Marceau Champs Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

We sincerely thank you for your kind commentary.
As a team we do our best to make the stay of our guests as nice as possible and it is the greatest pleasure to see that we succeed in our efforts.
We are very happy to hear that you have also appreciated the breakfast in our hotel and we are pleased to inform you that we have added cheese and fresh fruit salad to our breakfast.
It will be a great pleasure to all the members of our staff to welcome you again in our hotel during your next stay in Paris.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 December 2012

stayed here for 2 nights

positives:

the location is good, considered the proximity to champs elysees and ave montaigne which both are shopping area.. just a 5-10 mins walk to George V station. staff were friendly and able to communicate in English.

negatives:

just wish it had a water boiler in the room :(

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronnieong
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We recently stayed at the Hotel Marceau while our ship overnighted in Le Havre and it was just what we were looking for and provided for a wonderful stay. Both the girl who checked us in (I hate that I cannot remember her name) to Armand who let us in when we returned in the evening were so warm and personable. We appreciated the hotel's quiet but great location after walking around Paris all day. After checking in around noon, we were able to walk to the Champs Elysees in minutes and from there grab the Metro to anywhere in Paris. Our room was small but that was to be expected from the photos and other reviews. But even though small, it was very charming, soothing and had the boutique hotel feel to it. The bathroom I thought was cleverly designed and I guess what you would call "tiny chic". For under $200 per night, I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone wanting to stay a few nights in Paris.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
hotelmarceau, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Marceau Champs Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you very much for your nice comment. We are really glad you enjoyed your time with us.

We would really love to welcome you back soon.
Best Regards,