“Excellent room, breakfast and price at a good location”

Hotel Marceau Champs Elysees
Ranked #484 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Excellent room, breakfast and price at a good location”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed in there for work. Good restaurant close by, very quick service, the best bathroom size I have gad in Paris to date. Also good breakfast. They have good last minute offers if you ate able to cope with risk :-)

• Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here early December. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff were always a great help and very friendly. Rooms were what we expected, quite small however very lovely and cleaned every day. This hotel location was great for us and we will stay here again. The only thing I would say could change was the heat in the room, got rather cold. After a long day sight seeing and not able to speak french it would of been nice to have some English channel on the tv however considering the amount of time we spent in the room it wasn't a big deal. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: The superior room is highly recommended!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Edison, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

I am here now and staff are excellent! This is my first time in Paris so I need a lot of recommendations and the staff are excellent at doing that for me. The location is perfect! For shopping at the Champs it's just a 5 min.walk and to the Eiffel Towel approx a 15 to 20 minute walk. Rooms are comfortable and very clean. It's tight and storing your luggage is difficult but that is expected for this area.
English is spoken well by the staff which is very important if you are like me and do not speak or understand one bit of French...
I would most definitely return to this hotel...

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a small hotel with modern rooms. The rooms are not that big, but with a great bed. The breakfast is good with enough choice. Best thing about this hotel is the location. Walk left and you are in five minutes on the Champ Elysee. Walk to the right and you will find the Eiffel tower in a other ten minutes. You are directly down town and do not need a car to get around all the places of interest.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Milagros1972
Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed here on business this week. The room and hotel are all spotlessly clean and what you would expect from a hotel of this standard. However, the room I has was very small, even for city centre standards. It was not so much the size of the room by the lack of storage space - only hanging space, no drawers and just one small usable shelf in the wardrobe. The work desk was right by the door and very small.

Yes the location is superb but the room did feel very claustrophobic - ideal for one or two nights but not longer I would say.

Room Tip: Make sure you try to get one of the bigger rooms on the floor - there are some overlooking the Brass...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris Y
hotelmarceau, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Marceau Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you for your review and for having taken time to note the different points.

I understand that you have been surprised by the size of our room; however they are in the Parisian standards. Every Parisian will tell you that the main problem in Paris is the lack of place, unfortunately! You stayed in a comfort room. I suggest you to book for your next stay a Superior room or a Deluxe room, larger.

You write “The location is superb”: the location of the hotel Marceau, 5 minutes walk from Champs Elysees is for a lot of our customers a very positive point.

We are looking forward to your next visit!
Best Regards,
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at hotel Marceau for 4 nights. This was our fourth visit to Paris. We always try to stay in small boutique / design hotels and although our previous choices were great, this hotel just became our favorite base while in Paris. Located within perfect walking distance between the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomph and close to metro stations. The neighborhood is upscale with many great high end boutiques and residences.
The hotel entrance is very unassuming, small front desk, no big lobby....it made us feel like we were staying at our own, little Parisian apartment with a concierge.
Big plus was the room facing the street and windows that opened to let in the fresh air and the sounds of the busy city.
Rooms are small but comfortable, nicely furnished, great, modern bathroom.
The only note: bathroom door is frosted glass and not very private ( no issue for couples, but it may be for new relationships), There is a great working hair dryer, but no outlet in the bathroom to plug in other hair appliances and ( at least in our room) closest outlet was too far for the cord to reach the mirror....minor, but could be improved....
Although available, we did not take advantage of the hotel breakfast opting out for the more authentic Parisian experience. But keep in mind that a cappuccino can cost 7 € at some restaurants, so $12 for breakfast is a great deal.
We didn't have any issues with the hotel staff, in contrast to the previous review by the "senior citizen". Everyone was polite and helpful. Keep in mind that you are in France where English is not the first language so if your French is not great, you should accept the fact that their English will be limited and sometimes this may come across as unintentionally less polite. ( English is not my first language, so this note comes from personal experience)
Can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: High floor, facing the street. We had a room 35 and it was a corner room with 2 windows.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
westerly
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I spent $1,900 for a 7 day stay. Right from the day i entered the hotel, Allen gave me an attitude! I stood at the counter to check-in. He said 'come over here'. He could have said please move to this side of the counter instead. I requested a room on the 6th floor. He said 'youll get one on the 5th'. On 1 of the days, i requested that the maid clean my room while i went on tour. When i came back in the afternoon,it wasnt done. He Never even told her to clean it. I gave him a 3 day notice for a 5am wake up call and taxi to the airport. He sighed,and seemed inconvenienced as he did throughout the week,whenever i asked for the slightest help. Out of the goodness of my heart, i paid my breakfast bill 1day early so that i wouldnt have to waste time at my 5am departure. He again sighed and was inconvenienced for me to pay my restaurant bill! I was told{by another receptionist} that boarding passes can be copied for me, for my departure. Allen spent 1 hour trying to accomplish this task for me,then he supposedly called the airport and said he couldnt do it for me. The straw that broke the camels back was when he threw my paperwork back onto the counter, i didnt see him return my passport. I said, "i cant find my passport,help me find it" Allen said 'STOP YELLING AT ME!' I was SHOCKED!!!! i said ,'im not yelling at you, i merely asked for it because i dont want to be stranded in your hotel' He started swinging his arms and kept repeating that i was yelling at him. I RAN down the hall and got into the elevator!!! No one else was around ,so he could Keep hurting me. I was TERRIFIED! He not only VERBALLY ABUSED me but judging by his body-language,he was also about to PHYSICALLY ASSAULT ME !!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank 13crystal
hotelmarceau, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Marceau Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Madam,
We don't really understand the agressivity of your comments.
You booked a comfort room and we gave you our best confort room on the 5th floor with a small balcony.We are very sorry but we have only Deluxe rooms on the 6th floor !
You asked twice a free upgrade. The hotel was fully booked during this fair period and unfortunately it was not possible. You were angry !
Concerning Allen and your passport, I prefer not to answer these false accusations.
He did his best to help you during your long stay in our hotel...
Best Regards,