“bare minimum,,,” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,599 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“bare minimum,,,”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2005

We stayed at this hotel knowing it was not a deluxe hotel but were still surprised at the size (or lack thereof) and state of the rooms. You'd think in a place like Paris, they could at least put a picture or mirror up on the wall. Barely enough space for our luggage. Mini bar was there but not usable which would have been nice.
That being said, it was functional and really only a place for us to rest our heads and clean up before heading out to tour. Highly recommend the Open Tour buses,,,
The breakfast was ok and consisted of croissants, rolls, butter, yogurt, jams, processed cheese of sorts, coffee, tea and orange juice. Fine for continental but with all the great places around, probably not worth the additional cost.
All in all, I would say decent location, ok spot to lay weary bones at the end of a long day but not the best bang for your buck.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank Joe*Mamma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Greensburg, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2005

A nice clean room on a quiet street. What the problem was: The shower opening was too small to fit in. I weigh 200 lbs. and am a size XL or 20 W. The shower opening was tiny and I couldn't squeeze through. The management was nice and put us in a room with a bathtub. But that was after 3 days. I was misserable. I felt bad because I was so big anyhow!

The breakfast was good, kinda expensive but normal for Paris. You can have it deducted from room price. (I think).

Remember when you got to Paris they don't have wash clothes. You have to take your own. I took the disposible face wash cloths and the guys used them, too. In the US I always take my own. They never have enough in my room.

• Stayed April 2004
2 Thank Andy P

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2005

I don't know why other people are so dissapoined. This hotel well deserves it's 3 stars and has a great price/quality ratio (I did a lot of research before I booked it).

Anyway, room (double with queen bed) is not very big - there is probably 3 feet cleareance around bed. This is quite normal for downtown hotel. Room and bath were clean, bath was recently remodeled. Elevator (we leaved on 3rd floor) is really small - 2 small people with 2 bags barely fit there. Again - this is downtown Paris. Room service every day (we stayed for 8 nights). Staff is very nice, responsive and speaks english quite well. Breakfast was included - continental (courossants, yogurt, cream cheese, jam, cereal, coffe, orange jouce, tea, milk). Dining room is small but very nice and clean - 5 tables (if I remember correctly). One day it was really crowded around 9:30 but since most of the time we left around 8am it was no problem finding a seat.

Location is great - 15 minutes walk to Opera, 1 minute to subway. Absolutely safe - we were walking around 12pm with no problem

One problem - they don't have hangers. We had to ask and were given one. So bring your own. Hair drier is there, electric outlets (one 110/220 low power) and one 220 european) are available. No airconditioning

We did enjoy staying in this hotel and would definetely consider it again.

• Stayed May 2005
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2004

Very disappointing. We booked a triple room which was about the size of a large cupboard. The bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen - in fact I would describe it as dangerous. How this hotel ever got a 3 star rating I'll never know. I thought I had got a bargain at 95 euros a night but it was very poor value for money. Also the staff were very unfriendly.

Good location but that is the best I can find to say about it.

5 Thank Shay03
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2004

this is not a grand hotel, but we got on priceline and it was good enough for the money. great location, though. right in the middle of montmarte. great restaurants very close by. paris sized rooms, small but clean. if you only need a place to rest your head, this one is as good as any

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2004

The noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are said to have been renovated. No way. They were not clean. Best described as seedy. The shower was the bathroom itself, no cubicle, so when the sloping floor got wet, there was a danger of slipping. No hair dryer as advertised. A locked mini bar and no key. The breakfast room was so small that you had to eat breakfast in shifts so we ate round the corner each day. Compared to other three star rated hotels, this is bottom quality.

• Stayed July 2004
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2004

We stayed at this hotel for four nights. The room was nice and clean and it had a big window that looked out to the street. Since we were there during August when the temperature is high, we left the windows open overnight to let the breeze in. Because the hotel is on a quiet sidestreet, there was virtually zero traffic noise. The size of the bathroom was decent and it had a bathtub, which meant that you weren't cramped in there. The hotel staff was very friendly and the people at the front desk spoke English. The breakfast consisted of cereal, bread, yogurt, and coffeee or tea. They had complimentary newspapers in both French and English, which was a plus. Near to the hotel there is a grocery store where you can find all kinds of items such as cheese and wine. There are also a number of smaller conveniece shops where you can get fresh fruits and so on. All-in-all were were happy at this hotel and we would stay there again.

5 Thank Born_yesterday