“Excellent staff”

Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
Ranked #749 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 19 April 2014

First off let me thank Mrs. Petra Chardenoux for making our stay at Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel so much more memorable. We had a specific room request and prior to us leaving the states, I sent an email to reservations. Mrs. Chardenoux responded that they would try their best. Upon our arrival we found that our request was a reality. Thank you again and because of you our stay in Paris was that much more memorable. We also had great service from the Concierge desk. We were dissapointed that the hotels Wi-Fi was only available in the lobby area and then spotty at best. Someone needs to work on that. Also, when you walk out the front of the hotel and look to the right, you see the Eiffel Tower, an excellent location. The restaurant help always seemed a bit confused, but the food was good. All in all, we had a great stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WeenjoytravelingUSA
L-Mauguit, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear WeenjoytravelingUSA,

I am glad to read your kind comments on Mrs. Chardenoux and be assured that your message has been made known to her.

I am pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us inspite of the slight problem you had with our WIFI system.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon on your next stay with us. I remain,

Youirs sincerely,

Laurent Mauguit

Write a ReviewReviews (4,716)

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stay during 2 days and my stay was great, with a good view of the eiffel tower, excellent service of the reception, and the team all that has to be necesarry for enjoy a visit. Except for the breakfast... I went to the buffet for the good reviews i arrive a little bit late, and was no food, just for a apple, and yogurth two small potatoes and eggs was 20 eu. each.. they should inform me before go into. Mediocre buffet..

Just a incident happend to me on the street walking for the eiffel tower, one guy was disruptive and very annoying with my and my mum, i arrive to the hotel and inform in the recpetion and they said they will call to the police, who knows what they did at the end..

Room Tip: De preferencia pide hacia vista a la torre eifel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

After about 2 year I found this hotel is still welcoming. Busy but good service, lovely buffet breakfast (always a small queue) and nice location! On the last point, a few small shopping centres have been built next to the hotel since my visit! Rug was not in its prime but I brought my own sleepers. Will consider for the next trip!

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 17 April 2014

In summary: A soulless, badly organised excuse of a hotel where the staff are grumpy, overstretched and have an overdeveloped penchant for the characteristic gallic shrug when you expect some service. Rooms appear to have been designed by someone who spent 5 minutes at the drawing board before going off to the nearest winebar, and you should expect to have to remortgage your house to afford to eat or drink. Choose another hotel, this one is pretty awful, and the four stars it trumpets are three too many.

The slightly longer story - we booked for a couple of nights as two adults and a child, requesting and paying for a superior room on an upper floor, with a king bed and a sofa/pullout for the little one. On arrival, after the posted checkin time, we were told there were no rooms ready, and to come back "later, maybe an hour or two". Tired and exasperated, this is not what we wanted to hear, but we returned a couple of hours later to be told our room was still not ready. Expression of dissatisfaction resulted in much shrugging, and eventually we were told our room was ready. It turned out to be a pokey room on the 4th floor (in a 31 floor hotel) with two single beds. Having returned to reception to be greeted with more shrugging, we asked for the manager, who miraculously found a room on the 24th floor, complete with a king bed (which the previous receptionist had told us "don't exist in this hotel"). Great, except there was no sofa bed. More calls ensued, and eventually a chap turned up with a travel cot - great for a baby, not so much for a 6 year old who had been obviously and noisily visible up to this point. More calls, and a collapsible single bed showed up. At this point, we'd frittered away 4 hours, just to get a room that we booked and paid for. The next problem was the design of the room - the designer had chosen to hinge the door of the shower in such a way that if the bathroom door was open even a crack, you couldn't open the shower door. Great for trapping small children in the shower. And any attempt to actually have a shower resulted in almost all of the water pouring out under the shower door whose seals had seen better days.

We also attempted to use the swimming pool - the surly pool attendent told us we couldn't because "your swimming shorts are too long", which as they were of the conventional length, was utterly mystifying. This of course was after he'd told us we had to wear swimming hats (provided), and we'd donned them, showered, and were about to leap into the pool.

I could go on, but really, you get the picture. This is as much a 4 star hotel as a bedouin tent in Afghanistan. I would wholeheartedly recommend you find an alternative unless masochism is your favourite pastime.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank IPCtripper
Laurent M, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear IPCtripper,

I thank you for having taken the time to give us this feedback.

I understand your dissatisfaction concerning our service rendered and will personnally look into the situation mentioned.

This is not the kind of service that our guests wish for and I apologise for the disappointment and frustration that you had experienced.

I hope that this incident will not tarnish the image of all Novotels.

Yours sincerely,

Laurent Mauguit

Reviewed 17 April 2014

A decent location but not close to any walking areas. Rooms are small for two people. Nice breakfast but not special. OK for business trip. The staff is helpful. Public areas for meetings are very functional.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business