“Average big hotel, centrally located”

Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
Ranked #746 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is close to the Eiffel tower, but that's all ! It is a 31 floor hotel, my room was on the 15th floor. The bathroom sink was clogged during the first 2 days. The room safe was not working. In the neighborhood you can find Starbucks, brasseries, super market and a metro station which was very convenient. I chose not to have breakfast in the hotel. The room view was very good (facing the river).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
L-Mauguit, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear kgoumas,

I thank you for your feedback on your stay with us.

I regret to learn that you did not have a comfortable stay with due to the shortcomings you had in the room. I do not know if you had called to inform us as we could have changed your room.
I apologise for this inconvenience.

In hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon, I remain,

Yours faithfully,

Laurent Mauguit

Write a ReviewReviews (4,719)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Good location in a quiet neighborhood, within 5-8 mins of the 2 nearest Metro stations and 10-15 mins walk to the Eiffel Tower. Just note that there is not much nightlife around.

The room is spacious enough for one, with basic amenities- tv, a/c, hair dryer, etc. Perhaps it was fatigue from the sightseeing but i slept rather well. Plus I was lucky enough to have a room facing the Eiffel Tower, though only the top half!

Not sure if it's just me, but I never have any luck with hotel showers. The hot/cold settings never seem to stay constant!

Service during breakfast was rather lacking too. My table was cleared and given to someone else when I made a second trip to the buffet! And it's not like I was done, I had half a cup of coffee left and my knife was over the half-used piece of butter!

Speaking of breakfast - I booked directly on Accor's website for 10 nights, and just like all other reservation sites, i was proposed the usual upsell options - higher category room, breakfast, etc. And if you've done your research here on TripAdvisor (or any other guide books), you'll know that you can get a decent breakfast in Paris from any deli/cafe at a quarter of the price that hotels usually charge. Hence I did not select the breakfast option.

When I checked-in, they handed me the breakfast coupons together with my room keys with no explanation as to why they were given. I have to admit I'm at fault also not to have asked! I just presumed it was the Accor member free breakfast offer I noticed on the website! So imagine the shock when I checked out and was charged 14 euros per breakfast for 10 days! I could have stayed another night for all that breakfast, plus i don't believe it was even worth half that amount! Ultimately, the manager waived off the breakfast for the week and we compromised on me paying for 3 days worth.

Smooth check-in, bad check-out. Perhaps they could have explained/reminded all guests checking in that breakfast is an option and not just include it in.

Room Tip: You can ask for a river view or an Eiffel Tower view - which i got!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Achooo_sg
L-Mauguit, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Achooo_sg,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. I am glad to learn that it was a comfortable stay for you inspite of the misunderstanding you had concerning the issue of the breakfast.

Your feedback on the service has been made known to my restaurant manager, to acquire the neccessary measures to prevent the reoccurrence of similar situations.

I would like to thank you for your fidelity, being our Accor LeClub member, and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My partner booked this away as a surprise for me. As a birthday present, the hotel was amazing very posh. I would class it as the best hotel that I've see when walking along hotels near the Eiffel Tower. The hotel is very close the Eiffel Tower , the walk is about 15 mins away. We enjoyed it very much and be return sometime next year. Oh by the way, round the corner is a massive shopping mall with Michael kors, h&m etc. We only found it on the day we was leaving, closed Sundays.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
L-Mauguit, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Hopejade,

I thank you for your feedback on your surprise stay with us.

I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay and proud that you consider the hotel "Better than 4*". Merci beaucoup.

Your remarks will be made known to my staff, to inspire them to continue giving the high quality of service that the hotel prides itself in.

In waiting to have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future, I remain,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Not a family hotel. More a business stop over. No swimming pool, unless you have speedo's. I thought that was a joke when I read another reviewer. Room was outdated and needed a good lick of paint. I wouldn't go back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear E15st,

Thank you for your comments on your stay.

It is true that for the well-being of our guests and certainly for hygienic reasons, we request that our clients wear swimming trunks if they wish to get into the pool.

It is with regret that you did not appreciate the hotel but nevertheless, I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have never written a review in my life.
I have stayed in manny places from 5* to nothing but this is with out a doubt the worst place I have stayed in.
The breakfast is unbelievable no service at all . They should be a shamed of them selfs,in my opinion it is more a YMCA then a hotel.
Not kid friendly as well.
Even if I got this for free would not stay here again.
The management of this hotel should be sacked and do another job.
And Novotel should go and have a look what is out there in other hotels and with a change in attitude and service in all areas they might improve

Room Tip: Do not book
2  Thank Alex M
L-Mauguit, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Alex M,

I would like to thank you for your comments on the hotel.

I regret to read that you did not have a pleasant stay here due to the quality of service. Believe me that whatever you had went through is not what we wish to give to our guests.

Your opinion has been noted and I feel sorry for your bad experience.

I hope that your impression will not tarnish the image of the other Novotels.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Nice location, great breakfast, but funfus in the rooms that give a healt risk.
We spend one night in a room with a very bad smell. My husband and one of my children woke up having difficulty breathing. When pushing to the wall in the toilet and bath the water was running down and big blak spots appeared. There are no possibility of opening a window.
We moved to another room, it became better but still problems with fungus. This was 7 flours higher up in the building.
This hotel is not cheap especially not in summer time.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Jette B,

I would like to thank you for your feedback on the rooms during your stay.

I apologise sincerely for the situation that you and your family had experienced.

I have informed my Head Housekeeper that all rooms should be controlled correctly to avoid incidents of this sort.

It would be kind of you if you could inform me of the room numbers that you were in by sending me a mail to this address: h3546-fo2@accor.com., for me to take necessary actions.

I apologise again and hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very nice hotel. Despite being big, the services are customized and fit our needs. Very nice staff. The location is very convenient with easy access to the public transportation (Subway & Trains). The hotel is connected to a good (and not crowded) shopping mall, what makes it very convenient. My family loved it

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com