“Safe but not a best choice” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Opera Frochot

Hotel Opera Frochot
Ranked #864 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Hong Kong, China
“Safe but not a best choice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I booked the hotel two months ahead of my stay but still very expensive, maybe this is Paris. The location is close to the metro, several bars and some sex shops are nearby, I think there are much better areas to choose for tourists who are visiting Paris for a first time. There was a used toothpaste in the bathroom when we checked in, I don't know if the staff wants to leave it for us to use. Last but not the least, we couldn't find a parking lot at public parking, so I asked help from the night desk staff, he told me he didn't know anything about parking and he could not understand "gasoline station". I thought this kind of information is essential for guests and should be provided by hotels, at last I went to ibis which is opposite to the hotel, the staff helped me search online.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Cathy Y
HOTELOPERAFROCHOT, Attachée de Direction at Hotel Opera Frochot, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Cathy Y.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience: we appreciate all kind of feedback, as this is what allows us to get better and provide a service of higher quality.

You have indeed visited Paris during one of the busiest time of the year, during the famous Air show at Le Bourget, which only happens every 2 years in June. Hotels tend to be fully booked weeks in advance for this event, and rates are usually high. You have, however, benefited from our promotional Early Booking rates, which allowed you to get a lower rate than our Public rate. But as you said, Paris is one of the most expensive cities in the worlds, and the cost of life here can be surprising for a first visitor.
We would be happy to provide you the different times of the year when Paris is less busy, and therefore you will be able to find more interesting promotional offers, especially when booking directly with us.

I was rather surprised to read that one of our staff members could not provide you with a list of the nearby parkings, as we have a "ready to print" list available for our guests! After going through the incident with him, it appears there was probably a translation problem, and he didn't understood immediatly the request. When he did, after a couple of minutes, you were unfortunatly already gone.
Nevertheless, we should have been able to provide you with this simple information, and in order to avoid this problem in the future, our staff, always eager to help, has been given a better training on how to respond to quick requests of this type.

In the same way, we have reviewed our procedure when controlling a room, in order to insure a higher quality of cleanliness in our rooms.

I would be gratefull if you could grant us some of your time in order to discuss more in detail your stay among us: you can contact me directly at vanessa@operafrochot.com.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our beautiful city!

Kind regards,

Vanessa LOPES

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

The manager of this hotel is incredible. She was so accommodating and helpful in so many ways. If you asked directions, she made you a map. If you asked for restaurant recommendations, she'd call and make a reservation. If you wanted a glass of wine, she would get it for you. The hotel is clean and comfortable. It is located near the Metro and bus station, so it is easy to get around. The neighborhood is safe. I would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: I didn't see the twin/double rooms, but the superior room was very good, though small.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Diane R
HOTELOPERAFROCHOT, Attachée de Direction at Hotel Opera Frochot, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Diane R.,

Thank you so much for these lovely and encouraging words: I' m so happy that you enjoyed your stay so much, especially since it was your first visit in Paris.

To know that our staff helped you get the most of your trip makes my day. I'm only sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye to you and Julia on your last day, but I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you both again soon, if only so that Julia can keep improving her already excellent French ;)

Again, un très grand merci, et à très bientôt!

B.C. Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

We just spent 6 days in Paris. The rooms are small but very modern and clean...comfortable beds. Best to ask for a quiet room on the courtyard side. The staff are very friendly and helpful...be sure to follow their advice on restaurants! The Pigalle metro is very close and it's very easy to travel the city via Metro. No need to worry about the area.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street are quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Mike M
Dear Mr & Mrs Mike M.,

Thank you so much for these lovely words, we are happy you enjoyed your stay in our cosy hotel and beautiful city!

Do not hesitate to ask for a Superior Double room for your next stay, these being more spacious (16m2) than our Classic Double rooms.

And we hope you will come back soon to try some of our new restaurant recommandations!

Merci et à très bientôt!

Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my recent stay here. The rooms are small but very modern and clean. The hotel is a minutes walk from Pigalle metro and is very close for the Montemarte area and the Sacre Coeur. We didnt include breakfast in our stay as we thought it was a tad expensive, we did go to a little patesserie each morning across the road from the metro entrance. I would recommend this hotel for a few days in Paris.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Smitch84
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a typical small Paris hotel. Good value for the money. Rooms small but clean. This is basically what you get in a good 3 star hotel in Paris. I found the location to be perfect for my needs, others might find the local a bit too risqué.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paukenguy
Lauzun, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

Vanessa the hotel manager and all of her staff are very friendly and offer really good advice on resteraunts etc. This was the second time we have stayed and woudn't hesitate to stay again. Nice size well apointed rooms. Near to good bars, cafes, restaurants and very close to the Pigalle metro. Don't worry about the area, it's very safe and really handy for strolling around the bars and cafes of Monmartre.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the front have the advantage of a view up and down the street but the rooms at the...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Robin F
Dear Mrs Robin F.,

I didn't get the chance to thank you for this once again lovely review.

We were so happy your stay went perfect for your special occaion, and that both of you enjoyed our Romantic Superior Double room so much.

We cannot wait to welcome your friends this coming September: we sure will go the extra mile so that they feel just like at home!

I hope I will have the chance to see you both more next time, and I thereore hope you will come back soon!

A très très bientôt!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

This hotel is located in the red light district of Paris and the famous Moulin Rouge is not so far away, about a 5 minute walk. Good thing is that there are many people walking in the streets both day and night, it's not so dangerous. The hotel will lock its doors by 11pm and if you get back later than that you'll have to ring a bell so that they let you in.

The hotel itself is clean and decor is very modern. The staff is very friendly as well, especially the lady with blonde hair (sorry didnt get your name) She upgraded my husband and I to the biggest room on the top level even without us asking for one. The staff also helped us with answering all of our questions.

The cleaning, however, was not so great. The first two days the room was fixed up as if it were new. The remaining 4 days we noticed it was probably another lady who cleaned the rooms and it was a sloppy job. The chairs werent put back to the original spot, we didnt get any new soap, the garbage wasn't thrown out completely and most importantly did not refill our toilet paper (she only left us the one we were using already and did not leave a second roll) So we had to go downstairs to the desk and ask for toilet paper and shampoo.

Other than the housekeeping issue, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013