“A+ Service!!”

Hotel Opera Frochot
Ranked #721 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel is perfect for tourists who have never been to Paris before.
The staff are amazingly helpful, every morning we went to them with a different question about the city. We were provided maps with instructions on what to see, and the best way to get there. We were given tips on where to eat, where to go out and even tips on what to see in other cities during our Europe trip. Incrediably friendly and always willing to go above and beyond to help.
The hotel is in a great location to walk home after a Moulin Rouge show and walking distance to the sacre coeur. We walked from the hotel all the way through the city of Paris to the Eiffel Tower but if you don't feel like walking there is a Metro station at the end of the street.
The rooms were very clean and modern. Air conditioned (needed in the middle of Europe summer) and the bed was extremely comfortable.
Would reccommend to anyone traveling and will be staying there next time I visit Paris!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
11  Thank SammyJo1017
HOTELOPERAFROCHOT, Responsable réception at Hotel Opera Frochot, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Dear Sammy,

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We actually did not happen to stay here, however we were in desperate need of assistance and finding it hard to get help from anyone in Paris. When we entered this hotel we were greeted by a lady who was friendly, caring and helpful. She assisted us with our needs, her service beyond amazing considering we were not staying there! I cannot recommend this hotel enough because Paris does not have alot if nice friendly people, this hotel evidently does! It's is also a beautiful hotel, the lobby was the best one I have seen!

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Reneealyce
HOTELOPERAFROCHOT, Attachée de Direction at Hotel Opera Frochot, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear young ladies,

It's really incredibly nice of you to take the time to write such a lovely review, thank you so much! Especially since, as you have said, we met for only a few moments, thnak you very much!

We only have one motto here: always go the extra mile, and it's a general attitude we try to have, with our guests or anyone else who enters our hotel ;)

Do not hesitate to contact me next time you come to Paris (vanessa@operafrochot.com), it will be a pleasure to have such smiling and friendly guests, and I am sure you would enjoy our rooms as much as you enjoyed our lobby ;)

Hope you add a nice bus trip and you got home safely: à très bientôt nous l'espérons!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I booked the hotel two months ahead of my stay but still very expensive, maybe this is Paris. The location is close to the metro, several bars and some sex shops are nearby, I think there are much better areas to choose for tourists who are visiting Paris for a first time. There was a used toothpaste in the bathroom when we checked in, I don't know if the staff wants to leave it for us to use. Last but not the least, we couldn't find a parking lot at public parking, so I asked help from the night desk staff, he told me he didn't know anything about parking and he could not understand "gasoline station". I thought this kind of information is essential for guests and should be provided by hotels, at last I went to ibis which is opposite to the hotel, the staff helped me search online.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Cathy Y
HOTELOPERAFROCHOT, Attachée de Direction at Hotel Opera Frochot, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Cathy Y.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience: we appreciate all kind of feedback, as this is what allows us to get better and provide a service of higher quality.

You have indeed visited Paris during one of the busiest time of the year, during the famous Air show at Le Bourget, which only happens every 2 years in June. Hotels tend to be fully booked weeks in advance for this event, and rates are usually high. You have, however, benefited from our promotional Early Booking rates, which allowed you to get a lower rate than our Public rate. But as you said, Paris is one of the most expensive cities in the worlds, and the cost of life here can be surprising for a first visitor.
We would be happy to provide you the different times of the year when Paris is less busy, and therefore you will be able to find more interesting promotional offers, especially when booking directly with us.

I was rather surprised to read that one of our staff members could not provide you with a list of the nearby parkings, as we have a "ready to print" list available for our guests! After going through the incident with him, it appears there was probably a translation problem, and he didn't understood immediatly the request. When he did, after a couple of minutes, you were unfortunatly already gone.
Nevertheless, we should have been able to provide you with this simple information, and in order to avoid this problem in the future, our staff, always eager to help, has been given a better training on how to respond to quick requests of this type.

In the same way, we have reviewed our procedure when controlling a room, in order to insure a higher quality of cleanliness in our rooms.

I would be gratefull if you could grant us some of your time in order to discuss more in detail your stay among us: you can contact me directly at vanessa@operafrochot.com.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our beautiful city!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2013

The manager of this hotel is incredible. She was so accommodating and helpful in so many ways. If you asked directions, she made you a map. If you asked for restaurant recommendations, she'd call and make a reservation. If you wanted a glass of wine, she would get it for you. The hotel is clean and comfortable. It is located near the Metro and bus station, so it is easy to get around. The neighborhood is safe. I would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: I didn't see the twin/double rooms, but the superior room was very good, though small.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Diane R
HOTELOPERAFROCHOT, Attachée de Direction at Hotel Opera Frochot, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Diane R.,

Thank you so much for these lovely and encouraging words: I' m so happy that you enjoyed your stay so much, especially since it was your first visit in Paris.

To know that our staff helped you get the most of your trip makes my day. I'm only sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye to you and Julia on your last day, but I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you both again soon, if only so that Julia can keep improving her already excellent French ;)

Again, un très grand merci, et à très bientôt!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We just spent 6 days in Paris. The rooms are small but very modern and clean...comfortable beds. Best to ask for a quiet room on the courtyard side. The staff are very friendly and helpful...be sure to follow their advice on restaurants! The Pigalle metro is very close and it's very easy to travel the city via Metro. No need to worry about the area.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street are quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mike M

Dear Mr & Mrs Mike M.,

Thank you so much for these lovely words, we are happy you enjoyed your stay in our cosy hotel and beautiful city!

Do not hesitate to ask for a Superior Double room for your next stay, these being more spacious (16m2) than our Classic Double rooms.

And we hope you will come back soon to try some of our new restaurant recommandations!

Merci et à très bientôt!

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I really enjoyed my recent stay here. The rooms are small but very modern and clean. The hotel is a minutes walk from Pigalle metro and is very close for the Montemarte area and the Sacre Coeur. We didnt include breakfast in our stay as we thought it was a tad expensive, we did go to a little patesserie each morning across the road from the metro entrance. I would recommend this hotel for a few days in Paris.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Smitch84

Dear Scmitch,

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a typical small Paris hotel. Good value for the money. Rooms small but clean. This is basically what you get in a good 3 star hotel in Paris. I found the location to be perfect for my needs, others might find the local a bit too risqué.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business