Hotel du Cadran Tour Eiffel
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
2,210 results
All reviewsrue clereiffel towervaladon colorschocolate shopecole militairegreat locationaround the cornerthe main hotelmacaroonsrooms are smallsister hotelpedestrian streetminute walkrodin museumcorner roomcroissantswould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Hotel du Cadran feels very high-end, yet with reasonable rates for Paris and extremely friendly staff. We were greeted with a smile, an offer to hold our luggage and a promise that our room would be ready promptly. When we got to our room, it was expectedly small but quite adequate. If you're used to staying in metropolitan cities, you will not be surprised at the size. Everything was clean and chic. We had everything we needed and nothing we didn't. I absolutely loved the window that opened with a view right on to the Rue below. Rue Cler, a market-type street with restaurants, open-air markets, etc, is the next block over. The hotel is only a few blocks each from The Eiffel Tower and Invalides. We will be staying at Hotel du Cadran again and referring our friends and family. Go and ENJOY!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2011

i stayed at the Hotel Valadon for 2 nights in May 2011. The hotel is in a great location, within a few minutes walk from the metro station. there is also plenty of places nearby to eat, a few bars, and a supermarket right around the corner. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very modern, clean, and nice. The free daily breakfast was yummy as well! You couldn't get a better deal for the price, which include free bfast and wifi. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again if I was in Paris.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2011

This hotel has the perfect location. It is within walking distance to the Eiffel Tower, metro stops, Invalides train station (train to Versailles) and an under 20 Euro taxi ride to/from the Eurostar train station. The hotel is across a pedestrian street from a grocery store and many bakeries, restaurants, cafes, cheese shops, fruit/vegetable stands and more! The location is superb!

The hotel is very modern and has a lovely chocolate & macaroon shop on the ground floor. All of the rooms have a new feel and contemporary ambiance. The bed was comfortable and there is a refrigerator in the room (a mini bar but not one that charges you if you move/remove items) which is perfect to store food you buy on the pedestrian street.

My parents also stayed at this hotel at and had a wonderful experience. When we go back to Paris we will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We were very happy with our stay at the Hotel du Cadran. It was a return visit for our travel friends and I would stay there again when we return to Paris. We would have liked a little more room to move around but I understand this is normal for Paris at this price level. The bathroom was a nice size and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2011

After days of researching places to stay in Paris, my husband and I chose the Hotel du Cadran and would definitely recommend it to other visitors. A business trip took my husband to Paris for 2 weeks prior to my arrival and the Hotel du Cadran was where we reunited. I got to the hotel a few hours before he did, (at about noontime, earlier than the posted check-in time), but the young woman at the desk said my room was ready. Unfortunately, neither my husband nor I speak French, but we had no problems as the hotel staff spoke very good English. There is an elevator (big, for a European hotel!) .

One of the reasons I picked this hotel was it's advertised "non smoking" policy. I was disappointed that the first thing I noticed as I entered the room was that it reeked of ciggarette smoke! I'm not usually one to make a fuss, but this was unacceptable, so I went back down to the desk and told the same young woman who'd checked me in. Within less than 5 minutes I was back in the elevator, on my way to a different, clean-smelling room! (Amusing note: later in the evening, we opened the window and found an empty pack of Marlboros outside on the window ledge! I guess it's a hard rule to enforce, and it seems that EVERYONE in Paris smokes!!))

Although the rooms are small by American standards, we found it very adequate for the 2 of us. The style is very contemporary. We loved the shower with it's adjustable rain showerhead. (Getting out of the tub/shower might present a challenge to the less able-bodied...there is quite a noticable drop from the tub floor to the room floor, and no grab bars...just a safety note to be aware of) The was a small closet (could have used more hangers). We had a king-size bed, which was essentially 2 twins pushed together. The pillows were small and the bed was hard, but we were usually so exhausted from all the walking we'd done during the day, it didn't matter. There is a flat screen TV...(we were amused by the American shows, dubbed in French, and then, with FRENCH subtitles!) There are 2 computers and a printer for guest-use off the lobby.

We had breakfast in the hotel one morning. The price was 13 euros...there was quite an assortment (breads, cheese, ham, cereals, yogurts, granola, fruit juice, good coffee) We are breakfast eaters, so this price was comparbale with what we paid in the cafes up the street for, say, an omelette etc.

The best thing about the hotel is it's convenient location in a real Parisien neighborhood... I couldn't believe how close Rue Cler is...literally a 1 miute walk out the door and you have everything and anything! 2 sidewalk cafes and a bakery as soon as you reach the corner...numerous other restaurants, a crepe place, ice cream, fruit and vegetable markets, all kinds of shops...I felt like Belle in the opening scene from Beauty and the Beast!!

The metro station and bus stop were in close proximity. And the Eiffel Tower was about a 15 - 20 minute stroll away. All in all, a great place to be for a 5 day stay in the city!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple