Hotel De Buci by MH
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsconcierge sanjayboudoir roomnotre damegreat locationhead conciergeheart of saint germainleft bankart galleriesrestaurant reservationsmacaroonsde presshops and cafesstreet viewsister hotelwalking distancethe entire stafflatin quarter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I stayed for the fifth time at Hotel de Buci from Oct 23 to Oct 30. We booked the contemporary room.
We feel at home at the hotel. The team is the same since the first time we were there. The hotel is charming, the location is amazing at the heart of Saint Germain de Pres, and the concierge, Sanjay, is excellent. I tried to make some restaurants reservations at some very busy restaurants but I I could not get it. This was no problem for Sanjay. Gregoir, at the reservation department, is also extremely helpful.
It is a small hotel with a nice personal atmosphere.
I can't wait to be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Hotel De Buci by MH, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear DeniRioDeJaneiro,

I am extremely thankful to you for such words of praise regarding the great standards of service provided to you all along your stay.

We genuinely love to pamper all of our guests and they can feel it.

I am truly happy to hear that we have fulfilled and even exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and i stayed at the Hotel de Buci from Oct 4, 2013 to Oct 9,2013 (just getting a chance to write some reviews). We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary with a European vacation which started in Paris. We could not have been happier with our decision to stay at the Hotel de Buci.
Location! The hotel is surrounded by restaurants, bars, bakery, grocery, etc. Everything you needed was right there as you step out. We did not take the breakfast offered (20Euro each) so we ventured out each morning to Paul's Bakery or to the outdoor market (Saturday and Sunday only) for fresh bread and cheese, perfect. There was a small grocery just across the street too. Everything you could possible want or need was right there!
The room! We were in the boudoir room. Yes, it is small but we knew it would be. The room was more than adequate otherwise. Full size marble bathroom, remote controlled blackout shades on window, coffee maker in room, robe/slippers. Very please with room.
The view! We had a street view from the 5th floor. Our window opened to a great street view, perfect for sending pics home of. With the window closed there was no noticeable street noise at all! We actually slept in our first morning due to the blackout shades and quiet.
The Staff! Very accommodating. helping us with taxi, restaurant suggestions and overall pleasantness. I had emailed ahead to inform the staff that we were celebrating a big anniversary and to our delight we were treated to a bottle of champagne and a tray of sweets! A very nice touch!
Do not hesitate to stay here. I will be recommending to anyone who asks. If we ever go back to Paris (and we will), we most likely will stay here again!

1  Thank Darlene H

Dear Darlene,

I am truly pleased to hear that you have had such a wonderful time at the Hotel de Buci for your 30th Wedding anniversary !

We do our utmost to accommodate our guests expectations and we love to indulge them.

Looking forward to your next stay maybe next birthday :)

Wonderful regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Sanjay the concierge is totally the highlight of our stay other than the location of this hotel!

I would like to thank Sanjay for:
- promptly answering my emails even when he's on vacation
- had all our dinner reservations done with maps/directions printed out neatly placed in a folder upon our arrival
- called us a doctor (which he arrived within an hour, even on a Sunday) when one of us got really sick
- helped us pack & ship our wines home with follow up emails & phone calls to make sure we received them with no problems

Everything was great except with a particular night-shift front desk person that we had a problem with. No fun returning to the hotel late at night after a long train ride on my mom's birthday discovering that:
- our bed was not set
- our luggage stored in the hotel before we head to our side trip wasn't even in our room
- there were no extra beddings for the sofa bed and there're only 2 sets of towels & cups but there're 3 of us in the room

We then went down to the lobby and asked the front desk person for extra beddings, towels & cups. He's totally not helpful and he just grab the extra beddings, towels & cups and shuff it to us (yes, in the lobby while my girlfriend and I looked like we just got kicked out of the house with blankets/sheets and cups in our hands). He also accused me for only booking for 2 and will charge me extra as there're now 3 people staying in the room. Lucky I have all my hotel confirmations printed out he didn't say a word (not even an apology) when I showed him the copy of my confirmation later on.

I emailed Sanjay that night to complain about this and he apologized to me first thing in the morning. Later on he even sent us a bottle of champagne & macarons for my mom with what happened on her birthday night.

The experience we had that night definitely left a black mark to this hotel that's why I didn't give a full 5 star to this hotel. However I will still give it a second chance all because of Sanjay's excellent customer service. You definitely deserve the award Sanjay and hopefully I'll see you again soon!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Kir_Royale,

I thank you for your constructive feedback as every guest impression is valuable.

Please rest assured I will discuss the Night Shift Front Desk issue with all of my team to avoid future occurence.

Once again I am thankful to your comments and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Paris in the fall? An ideal time to visit as the Parisians return to the capital, the tourist numbers dwindle (ever so slightly) and the weather begins to cool.

But where to stay? We chose the delightful Hotel De Buci, located in the midst of the Left Bank action and within walking distance of most Paris icons and highlights. (Really, we were able to walk to every monument, museum and the Eiffel Tower that we wanted to see from here.).

Surrounded by markets, high street shops, art galleries and more; and the ever delightful Paris cafes, Hotel De Buci plays its part in the Paris jigsaw to perfection.

A dedicated staff; an outstanding Concierge, and service befitting the very best hotels make this boutique property a memorable stay. We stayed five nights; and we were blown away by the service in our first hour as champagne and macaroons were delivered to our room to celebrate my wife's birthday.

Each morning breakfast was as good as you could wish for with a variety of nourishment and drinks.

From breakfast we'd head out on our local exploration armed with information from the concierge on local restaurants (as against the tourist haunts), maps, day trips - you name it the staff/concierge were able to assist.

Rooms sizes vary from Paris small to comfortable and our room was an ideal size for our length of stay and immaculate each time we returned from our days spent exploring the city.

Our stay was delightful, and made more so through staying at this great little hotel. I find that in a city like Paris that apartments aside, staying at a hotel like de Buci is so much better than the big chains as you are able to immerse yourself in the area and get a feel for the real atmosphere of the city and local areas..

Would we return? YES!

Would we recommend the Buci to our friends? YES!

Were we impressed? YES!

Can't wait to return; we've found our 'base' in Paris!

Room Tip: Check for the larger rooms; there are one to two on each floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nrmoz
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Hotel De Buci by MH, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear nrmoz,

It is such a pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are very HAPPY that you enjoyed staying with us and that you had some nice moments here !
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience with other travelers. I am pretty sure that it will help somebody else to make a decision to come visit us. Thank you for that.

We look forward to seeng you again and remain at your disposal for any assistance needed.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The ultimate location, under 15 minutes to Notre Dame, The Louvre, Luxembourg Gardens, Angelina, l' Entrecôte, La Patisserie des Reves, Kayser Boulanger, Laduree and on and on. Also, great street and a taxi stand a block away. The room was quiet with black out blinds and very tasteful. Sanjay the concierge IS WONDERFUL!!! I had emailed him my restaurant choices in advance and he got me into ALL of them...I was so impressed and grateful. I hope the management knows how lucky they are to have him.

We loved our six nights there and will return for sure.

1  Thank Evelyn H

Dear Huskerevelyn,

Thank you so much for this very exciting review.
It is so nice to know that we managed to make your stay in Paris special and unforgettable.
Yes, Sanjay and all our team know how to organise your stay in a best way and we are very grateful to them !
We hope to see you at the Hotel de Buci again and again.