“Fantastic Staff and Perfectly Located”

Hotel De Buci by MH
Ranked #59 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
sydney
“Fantastic Staff and Perfectly Located”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We spent five days at this charming hotel and it is so well located, just about everything is in walking distance. Its such a pretty little hotel and the staff are amazing especially Sanjay with his recommendations and bookings and Gabriela with her directions, suggestions and help with our all important shopping. Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank vacanze09
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Hotel De Buci by MH, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Vacanze09,

I couldn't be more proud of my whole team and I thank you for pointing out our attention to details regarding our standards of service.

Indeed we genuinely love to look after our guests and they can feel it.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon with our undivided attention.

Romain Binet - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Hebrew first
Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have just returned from staying five nights at the Hotel De Buci. It is right in the heart of things in the Latin Quarter just off Sain Germain de Pres. The rooms are very French and gorgeous. The staff make the hotel though. Right from breakfast in the morning when they remembered I had black tea, to at night when I had to press the buzzer to get in after a 'night out in Paree", nothing was too much trouble and all done with a smile. There is a great little boutique right next door to the hotel, supermarket up the street, great bars and restaurants within a 5 minute walk. Breakfast is good and included in the price, the hotel is lovely and clean, and there is even a sitting room on the ground floor where you can entertain visitors if you are meeting people. I will go back to Paris and I will book at Hotel De Buci. Thank you so much for making my 5 days in Paris even more special.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and were able to sit at night in the window and watch the world go by b...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank AustraliaDebra
Dear AustraliaDebra,

I am really pleased to hear that you have had a wonderful time with us as we genuinely love to pamper all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back with our undivided attention.

Yours sincerely,
United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I travel frequently, and love to find small boutique hotels in which to stay, rather than the larger chain hotels. This one did not disappoint. In Paris, the traveler has his/her choice of lodging...and which to choose? I often deliberate but was sold on this one via the photographs of the location and the reputation of the concierge, Sanjay. The location is on a bustling intersection of Paris, with some good chocolate shops and restaurants (Semilla) nearby, as well as some wine shops and a Paul for a quick cup of coffee. Laduree is close by, as well. The rooms are quite small, just be warned, but are quaint. They offer complimentary wi-fi. Also, the hotel has an honor bar downstairs where one can have some after dinner drinks. The down side of the hotel is the noise. We took the brunt of it as we were on the street side. You will have Parisian revelers until 4 or 5 am, and shortly thereafter the garbage trucks start. You will likely need to have your windown open as well, as the hotel didnt seem to have A/C. That being said, I would definitely go back. One of the hotel's secret weapons is Sanjay, the concierge. He will personally greet you, see you off, and can get reservations, somehow, to the hottest, most difficult tickets in Paris. Also, you can buy tickets there to some of the local museums. All around? A very good bet.

Room Tip: choose front if you are not noise averse and like a scene and good city skyscape scenery. Otherwise...
Dear CancerPhysician,

I thank you for your feedback.

I am very glad to hear that you have had a most enjoyable experience at The Hotel de Buci.

Indeed our central yet quiet location is one of our assets however the most important one is our genuinely attentive staff. We love to pamper all of our guests.

We look forward to your next visit.

Au revoir,
rio de janeiro
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I stayed for the fifth time at Hotel de Buci from Oct 23 to Oct 30. We booked the contemporary room.
We feel at home at the hotel. The team is the same since the first time we were there. The hotel is charming, the location is amazing at the heart of Saint Germain de Pres, and the concierge, Sanjay, is excellent. I tried to make some restaurants reservations at some very busy restaurants but I I could not get it. This was no problem for Sanjay. Gregoir, at the reservation department, is also extremely helpful.
It is a small hotel with a nice personal atmosphere.
I can't wait to be back!

Dear DeniRioDeJaneiro,

I am extremely thankful to you for such words of praise regarding the great standards of service provided to you all along your stay.

We genuinely love to pamper all of our guests and they can feel it.

I am truly happy to hear that we have fulfilled and even exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,
Syosset, New York
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and i stayed at the Hotel de Buci from Oct 4, 2013 to Oct 9,2013 (just getting a chance to write some reviews). We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary with a European vacation which started in Paris. We could not have been happier with our decision to stay at the Hotel de Buci.
Location! The hotel is surrounded by restaurants, bars, bakery, grocery, etc. Everything you needed was right there as you step out. We did not take the breakfast offered (20Euro each) so we ventured out each morning to Paul's Bakery or to the outdoor market (Saturday and Sunday only) for fresh bread and cheese, perfect. There was a small grocery just across the street too. Everything you could possible want or need was right there!
The room! We were in the boudoir room. Yes, it is small but we knew it would be. The room was more than adequate otherwise. Full size marble bathroom, remote controlled blackout shades on window, coffee maker in room, robe/slippers. Very please with room.
The view! We had a street view from the 5th floor. Our window opened to a great street view, perfect for sending pics home of. With the window closed there was no noticeable street noise at all! We actually slept in our first morning due to the blackout shades and quiet.
The Staff! Very accommodating. helping us with taxi, restaurant suggestions and overall pleasantness. I had emailed ahead to inform the staff that we were celebrating a big anniversary and to our delight we were treated to a bottle of champagne and a tray of sweets! A very nice touch!
Do not hesitate to stay here. I will be recommending to anyone who asks. If we ever go back to Paris (and we will), we most likely will stay here again!

1 Thank Darlene H
Dear Darlene,

I am truly pleased to hear that you have had such a wonderful time at the Hotel de Buci for your 30th Wedding anniversary !

We do our utmost to accommodate our guests expectations and we love to indulge them.

Looking forward to your next stay maybe next birthday :)

Wonderful regards,
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Sanjay the concierge is totally the highlight of our stay other than the location of this hotel!

I would like to thank Sanjay for:
- promptly answering my emails even when he's on vacation
- had all our dinner reservations done with maps/directions printed out neatly placed in a folder upon our arrival
- called us a doctor (which he arrived within an hour, even on a Sunday) when one of us got really sick
- helped us pack & ship our wines home with follow up emails & phone calls to make sure we received them with no problems

Everything was great except with a particular night-shift front desk person that we had a problem with. No fun returning to the hotel late at night after a long train ride on my mom's birthday discovering that:
- our bed was not set
- our luggage stored in the hotel before we head to our side trip wasn't even in our room
- there were no extra beddings for the sofa bed and there're only 2 sets of towels & cups but there're 3 of us in the room

We then went down to the lobby and asked the front desk person for extra beddings, towels & cups. He's totally not helpful and he just grab the extra beddings, towels & cups and shuff it to us (yes, in the lobby while my girlfriend and I looked like we just got kicked out of the house with blankets/sheets and cups in our hands). He also accused me for only booking for 2 and will charge me extra as there're now 3 people staying in the room. Lucky I have all my hotel confirmations printed out he didn't say a word (not even an apology) when I showed him the copy of my confirmation later on.

I emailed Sanjay that night to complain about this and he apologized to me first thing in the morning. Later on he even sent us a bottle of champagne & macarons for my mom with what happened on her birthday night.

The experience we had that night definitely left a black mark to this hotel that's why I didn't give a full 5 star to this hotel. However I will still give it a second chance all because of Sanjay's excellent customer service. You definitely deserve the award Sanjay and hopefully I'll see you again soon!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Kir_Royale,

I thank you for your constructive feedback as every guest impression is valuable.

Please rest assured I will discuss the Night Shift Front Desk issue with all of my team to avoid future occurence.

Once again I am thankful to your comments and look forward to welcoming you back.

Warriewood, Australia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Paris in the fall? An ideal time to visit as the Parisians return to the capital, the tourist numbers dwindle (ever so slightly) and the weather begins to cool.

But where to stay? We chose the delightful Hotel De Buci, located in the midst of the Left Bank action and within walking distance of most Paris icons and highlights. (Really, we were able to walk to every monument, museum and the Eiffel Tower that we wanted to see from here.).

Surrounded by markets, high street shops, art galleries and more; and the ever delightful Paris cafes, Hotel De Buci plays its part in the Paris jigsaw to perfection.

A dedicated staff; an outstanding Concierge, and service befitting the very best hotels make this boutique property a memorable stay. We stayed five nights; and we were blown away by the service in our first hour as champagne and macaroons were delivered to our room to celebrate my wife's birthday.

Each morning breakfast was as good as you could wish for with a variety of nourishment and drinks.

From breakfast we'd head out on our local exploration armed with information from the concierge on local restaurants (as against the tourist haunts), maps, day trips - you name it the staff/concierge were able to assist.

Rooms sizes vary from Paris small to comfortable and our room was an ideal size for our length of stay and immaculate each time we returned from our days spent exploring the city.

Our stay was delightful, and made more so through staying at this great little hotel. I find that in a city like Paris that apartments aside, staying at a hotel like de Buci is so much better than the big chains as you are able to immerse yourself in the area and get a feel for the real atmosphere of the city and local areas..

Would we return? YES!

Would we recommend the Buci to our friends? YES!

Were we impressed? YES!

Can't wait to return; we've found our 'base' in Paris!

Room Tip: Check for the larger rooms; there are one to two on each floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nrmoz
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Hotel De Buci by MH, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear nrmoz,

It is such a pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are very HAPPY that you enjoyed staying with us and that you had some nice moments here !
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience with other travelers. I am pretty sure that it will help somebody else to make a decision to come visit us. Thank you for that.

We look forward to seeng you again and remain at your disposal for any assistance needed.