“Perfect Left Bank location!”

Hotel De Buci by MH
Ranked #65 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
los angeles
“Perfect Left Bank location!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We just spent 3 days at the Hotel De Buci, and loved our experience -- the location is ideal, the front desk is lovely and helpful, and the hotel is cozy and intimate. While on the small side, the room was ideal for my husband, our daughter and me. We hope to come back!

Room Tip: The Bourbon Conde suite, facing the inner courtyard, was a quiet hideout in a busy neighborhood.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Hotel De Buci by MH, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Amywriter,

I am so glad to hear that you and your family had such a great experience. I am also happy that you were able to take advantage of our location. You said such nice things about our staff and that really means a lot to us.

We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Best regards,
Grégoire Berthelot - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Hotel De Buci, we had two rooms. It is a beautiful, boutique hotel in an excellent location in the 6th. The staff at the hotel were wonderful, helpful, accommodating and always pleasant. Our first stay was for 6 nights and then after some travelling came back for 5 nights. The staff were very helpful with helping with advise about places to see. The rooms are very quaint. You feel like you are in Paris, I loved them. I will definitely be back to stay. I wish I could remember all the staffs names but I can't but I will give a special thank you to Edgar who is the most charming man. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Annie1012014
Dear Annie,

It sounds like you had an amazing stay. I am so glad that we had such a huge part in your overall impression of Paris and that you will be back.

Thank you for your wonderful praises regarding the staff and accommodations. I hope to meet you the next time you visit.

Best regards,
California
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This review is a bit late (my family & I stayed here in Sept. 2012-TA won't let the date go past Aug. 2013, however). We were a family of three traveling on to Manchester, UK and opted to stay in Paris for a few days first. Finding a hotel in our preferred 6th district that offered not only a triple sized room but one that had working a/c was a challenge. Many hotels we queried about the a/c could not be certain if they'd have theirs in operation for September. The a/c is generally operated centrally and only if management decided to do so. Thus, we chose Hotel de Buci for this particular reason as well as for the room size. Being three people we needed a suite. We opted for the Mme. de Pompadour suite which is really a bedroom with a door separating a small living area which had a Murphy bed to accommodate the third person.

The suite's rooms were good enough sized, the bathroom with shower/tub combination was also a nice size. Everything was in good working order, and there were two TV sets available (one in the bedroom and one in the living area). And the a/c worked excellently. We needed it as Paris had a heat wave the four days we stayed there so it was hot and humid. I would say that the rooms needed to be updated a bit in décor and perhaps have the paint refreshed. Otherwise, all was good. And compliments to the hotel for leaving a gift from Oliviers & Co.

As to the hotel itself it's small, of course, with a smallish lobby/sitting area on the ground floor. Below there was the breakfast room; we took breakfast daily as it was included in the rate we booked. Otherwise, it was pricey on its own. But the typical continental breakfast buffet continental fare were all tasty and fresh. The breakfast attendant was very kind and friendly. He (sorry, I did not get his name) was most helpful especially as my son had a later waking time so we requested his breakfast to be brought up to the room which was not a problem.

I must say that I did have a questionable issue when booking via email and presenting my credit card information to book the room. Within two weeks of giving the hotel my credit card details my credit card was charged fraudulently in another part of France via the internet for babysitting services. I had to cancel my original credit card and get a new one issued. I mentioned all of this to the hotel via email and in person when I arrived. However, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of empathy when I emailed the hotel to let them know what happened and to provide my new credit card details. Another thing that was a bit of a letdown was when we took a Taxi Parisien taxi from the airport the driver tried to scam us by pretending my husband shortchanged him upon arrival to the hotel. To make matters worse when we entered the taxi at the airport another scammer suddenly showed up demanding money from us. We waved him off and he left thankfully. In all the years we've visited Paris and used these official licensed taxis at CDG and around the city no driver ever pulled any sort of scam on us until this visit nor had anyone tried to scam us additionally as what happened at the airport. We do not know if the driver was in collaboration with the scammer. However, when we arrived at the hotel's lobby and told the staff about what these two not only frightening but exasperating experiences shortly upon our arrival to Paris we didn't get any empathy really which was disappointing. Otherwise, the staff were generally all right, but we didn't need to request anything much from them other than to book a taxi to CDG for our departure. One staff member who did stand out was the nice man (unfortunately I don't remember his name) who brought us to the lobby for refreshments when we arrived and before the other staff member (Gabriella) formally checked us in.

In summary, Hotel de Buci is great for its location and the room we had was quite nice. Would like to say we'd stay there again, however, I'm not certain.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SF2015
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Hotel De Buci by MH, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear 163cheryla,

We thank you for choosing the Hotel de Buci during your stay in Paris, and we thank you for taking the time to share and thoroughly detail your experience with us. We are very happy you, your husband and your son enjoyed your stay! We are also very glad the room, and especially the air conditioning, pleased you!! We are thrilled to learn the breakfast was at your convenience, and that your son was able to have a good night’ sleep and to get his breakfast in the room.
We also thank you very much for all the very positive feedback about our teams!
On the other hand, we are truly and deeply sorry about the inconveniences you encountered at your arrival at the airport! It is possible the taxi driver and the scammer were working as a team. It is very unfortunate, and sadly it happens pretty often in Paris. Tourists must be very careful, and you did well to send the scammer away!
We are also sorry if you felt no empathy from some people of our staff. It is surely a very unpleasant experience.
We hope you will choose one of our hotels for your next stay, we have the Artus Hotel and the Madison in the 6th district, the Bourgogne & Montana, near to the National Assembly in the 7th district and the Terrass Hotel in Montmartre, the 18th district.
We will make sure that your stay will as pleasant as possible.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I visited Paris last December of 2013. The main purpose of our trip was for pleasure, mainly a vacation trip. We did extensive research online and fortunately stumbled upon this hotel. We read multiple reviews, most of them are positive and excellent.

Hotel De Buci located amid the heart of Paris surrounded by restaurants, bakeries, cafes, grocery store, boutiques, and fruit/vegetable markets. The hotel itself is quaint.

We mentioned to the concierge that we were celebrating an important occasion. Little did we know, moments later we were upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite.

The decor of the room we stayed in was Old Parisian. Huge french windows with embroidered draperies. We had a small living room, master bedroom, and 2 1/2 bathroom. The room was equipped with essentials. My favorite was the complimentary Nespresso Espresso machine.

The hotel offer a buffet breakfast for a price, however, we did not partake to it. We decided to eat at surrounding cafes for a croissant and an espresso, which I highly recommend since not only it would cost you 1/4 of the price, you get the full experience of having breakfast in Paris.

We walked almost everywhere, however, the hotel is close to the metro and the buses if ever you want to take public transportation. The surrounding streets are safe.

From our hotel, we were able to go to the sites including but not limited to the Eiffel Tower, the Opera, the Louvre, etc.

Before our departure, the concierge helped us recommend places where to get souvenirs and paraphernalia.

Overall, it was a great experience staying at Hotel De Buci. We would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Mention any occasions you are celebrating during your trip.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank maryjoyperrin
Dear Maryjoyperrin,

We are very happy that you love our little surprise and your stay at the hotel with your husband. We are also pleased and touched by your very nice comment about your stay in Paris and that you were benefit from the location of our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback about the quality of the service very much. Our teams will be happy to hear such positive comments. We will be sure to share your kind feedback with the team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again at the Hotel De Buci!
Looking forward to hearing from you in the near future!

Best Regards,
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed 5 nights beginning July 10th. We arrived prior to check-in and had reserved a Matire Room. We were upgraded to a suite on the top floor facing the street. Was beautiful, king bed divine and with the shades down, it was silent and dark! Complimentary champagne and macaroons such a special anniversary touch. Sanjay is just as others describe. We wanted to get reservations at Jules Verne restaurant on the second floor of the Eiffel Tower, but none available online. Sanjay thrilled us by magically finding one! Staff wonderful. All perfect. If we return, this hotel and area with sidewalk cafés was beyond description.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Judge907
Dear Judge907,

We are very happy that you enjoy the peaceful view from our room on the top floor. Our teams will be happy to hear such positive comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again at the Hotel De Buci! Looking forward to you in the near future!

Best Regards,
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Recommended by a friend, this is a small hotel just off the busy Saint Germain boulevard. I loved the hotel's lush decor and it's central location (cafes, art galleries and designer stores are all within strolling distance), but the room was small and there was a moment when I wondered whether our suitcases would fit in the room! The 'plus' was the quietness of the rooms at night.

My only real negative stemmed from having to wait for the receptionist to be free in order to check in and out of the hotel. On both occasions, we listened to hotel guests ask the most detailed questions about how to get to locations in Paris. I think the hotel should have a concierge available to answer these questions so that the receptionist is able welcome guests.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane3026777
Dear Jane3026777,

We are very happy that both you and your friend find our hotel nice to stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize for the arrangements. I will certainly follow up to seek improvements with the receptionists. Your feedback is invaluable to us. We hope you will give us another chance to return to the Hotel De Buci in the near future.

With kind regards,
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just stayed here with my 2 years old. A lot of galleries, cafés, antique stores, home deco stores and high end fashion stores close by. Very convenient. Also walking distance to Pont de Neuf. And close to buses and metro easily get you to the major attractions. We used to stay right bank near Opera. But here at the heart of St Germain, all the actions here. Will definitely recommend to my friends!

Room Tip: Even we are facing the street at 2nd floor Room 21, there are some street noise, esp weekend night o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ying S,

We are very happy the Hotel de Buci pleased you, and that you and your child were able to enjoy Paris! Our location is indeed very convenient, in a very lively area, full of shops, antiques, and cafés! We hope you were able to make the most of the neighborhood. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel de Buci, and we thank you for recommending it to your friends!! Feedback is very important to us!
We would love to welcome you again very soon!

Grégoire Berthelot – General Manager