“Pleasant Little Hotel with a great location!”

Hotel Duquesne Eiffel
Ranked #192 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Dallas, Texas
“Pleasant Little Hotel with a great location!”
Reviewed 21 March 2011

This hotel was a great little hotel located very near the Eiffel Tower. My wife and I corresponded multiple times with the staff via email before our trip and they were always very prompt in their reply. Although rooms are a bit smaller in Europe (we booked the largest the room available knowing this, and it was still a little small compared to American rooms) it was more than large enough to accommodate us. Our Eiffel Tower view with a balcony was not like the one on their front page, but was still a beautiful view where we could take in the Paris skyline and the Eiffel tower every night. The bathroom was very nice and the service (both front desk and breakfast people downstairs) were wonderful and very helpful. In the interest of full disclosure, there was construction going on across the street, but it did not disturb us. Finally, the air-conditioning was not working which was a bit uncomfortable the last night, but I believe it will be fixed soon. For the value, location, service and view, the Duquesne Eiffel is a great bargain. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
OlivierLeeloo, Propriétaire at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this review, 28 March 2011
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Rooms are very small in Paris, it is a fact, we would love to have larger rooms but our old buildings don't allow it, except if we only want a 25 rooms instead of a 40 rooms wich is not the case.

Thank you to have written about the hotel, the decoration, the staff and the quality of service, we really enjoy to read your review.

It is true that the air conditioning didn't work, but it is totally normal. Indeed, you came in March, and March is a winter period, usually the weather is cold, it might snow at this period. Since one week, we have noticed a spring weather, but it shouldn't be like that in Paris. So during winter period, the air conditioning is out of order in all the hotel, the heating is on, the A/C off.

I apologize about it.

Anyway, you have been very kind with us, thank you!

Olivier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Weeze, Germany
Reviewed 21 March 2011

From the hotel, I could see Eiffel and easy to walk there. Only get the map and ask the staff, I could reach any attractions of Paris. Our room was nice and good breakfast. I recommend for all.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zishung
Stellenbosch
Reviewed 20 March 2011

If you are staying in Paris and want friendly welcome, clean newly renovated room, this is the place!
Great team and great location next to les Invaldes!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff was fantastic...no problems with English. The room was cozy and nicely kept. Close to all of the major transactions via walking or Metro. Duquesne Eiffel will be my hotel of choice in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2011

The staff are so friendly and the hotel is very homely yet retains a smart, contemporary look. You will be a 5 minute stroll from the Eiffel tower, bars, cafes, the metro and a supermarket. If you ask for a corner room make sure it is on a higher storey - ours was on3td floor dinghy view of the tower (that you effectively pay extra for) was obscured by trees.

• Stayed July 2010
OlivierLeeloo, Owner at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your good feedback. We are glad that the staff, the location, the decoration and
the view made your happy with your stay.

We hope we will welcome you again and next time, we hope you will have the room with the
direct view to the Eiffel Tower.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2011

This hotel was disappointing given the rave reviews on Tripadvisor.

First of all, the standard room is very small and barely fitted 2 people and their lugguge. Definitely the size is more suited to a solo traveller. Secondly, the air-conditioning was not working, making the room really stuffy and uncomfortable.

The service was also poor. I spoke to one of the hotel staff the day before my departure about booking a taxi to take me to the airport early the next morning. She took all my details and said she would book the taxi on my behalf for the time that I wanted. The next morning when I checked out and enquired about the taxi, I was told that not only had the taxi not been ordered but they didn't know anything about the booking!! Thankfully, a taxi did arrive in time to take me to the airport or I might have missed my flight - DEFINITELY NOT IMPRESSED.

The worse thing however were the bed bugs. I was feeling itchy during the night and thought they were mosquitoes. The bites go worse as I was travelling home and on my arrival back to Sydney, they had swelled up and became quite red. It took a few days for the bites to subside.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maystravels_10
OlivierLeeloo, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this review, 18 March 2011
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Let me tell you that I'm really surprised about the post you wrote.
First of all, you waited a lot of time to write a review, you apparently came in September and you only write in March. Believe me when a client is unsatisfied, he doen't wait so many times to write a bad review.
Second of all, you wrote that the room is small, if you read all comments on trip advisor before coming, you should have known that rooms are small in Paris, very small indeed.
Third, you said that the front desk was not nice and didn't book a taxi, I am very surprised, we don't use to work in this way.
Then, you said that the air conditionning didn't work, We didn't have any trouble in September, did you come to the reception and did you ask about it? I don't think so.
Finally, you wrote about buds. I'm totally sure of what I'm writing now, we didn't have buds and we still don't. If it was the case, we should have reveived many complaints.

I really don't think your comment is true and I asked trip advisor to take it off, we take care of our clients, this post is ridiculous.

Regards

Julie Palisse
sales manager
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Hotel Duquesne Eiffel was a wonderful home base for my new wife and me as we spent our honeymoon in Paris. The staff was terrific and really went out of their way to make our stay the best it could be. We booked several months in advance and was able to secure Room 55 (the one pictured with the great view of the Eiffel Tower). If you know you're going to be headed to Paris, book now and see what you can do to get that room. It's on the corner of the building and has a great balcony where you can get some great views of the Eiffel Tower. The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood so it's easy to get a good night's rest but you're only a block or so away from the metro at Ecole Militaire. Also, a few blocks down is one of the best pizza restaurants I've ever found called Pizza Tina. If you're looking for an easy meal, that's definitely a place to check out. All in all, the hotel is great and I would recommend it for anyone looking to spend a nice vacation in Paris.

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We all wish you a lot of happiness in your couple. We are glad that you and your wife were

satisfied with the staff, the location, the decoration and the view. Room 55 is one of the best
and we are so lucky you could get it!

We thank you for your positive feedback and hope to see you for your 1st anniversary!