Hotel Duquesne Eiffel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$206
US$224
US$202
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$542
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
1,606 results
All reviewsrue clerecole militairegreat view of the eiffel towernapoleon's tombsuperior roomrooms are smallcorner roomlight showthe hotel staffmetro stoptwo blocksour honeymooncroissantsquiet neighborhoodtop floorbooked this hotelmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2008

The location of this hotel is just perfect for everything. Eiffel tower and river Seine are in few minutes of walk. Hotel rooms are small, as they usually are in Paris, but very clean and nice. Spotless, I would say. Thank you for cleaning it up every day. Very nice decor. Nice little Patisseries and Boulangeries around the hotel to have breakfast or coffee break. We highly recommend this hotel for its location, exellent service and recently renovated rooms. We had wonderful holiday with my husband, and will come back in Paris and to this carming little hotel. We will not want to stay anywere else when coming back. Great value for the money. Merci.
Nina and Kimmo, Finland

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Ninav_fin
duquesneParis, sales manager at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2008

Hi Nina, Hi Kimmo,

I've already answered to you directly so you know I thank you a lot and I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2008

We travelled to Paris to celebrate our 10th Anniversary, and chose to stay at the Duquesne based on other reviews we had read about the Hotel. It certainly lived up to our expectations. We arrived at 9am, when check-in is at 2pm. Lucie was really helpful when we arrived, we were able to leave our bags with her, and she helped us get our bearings and find things to do until we could come back to check-in. In our booking, I had requested a room with a good view of the Eiffel Tower, and I think we were given the BEST room. The view of the tower from our private balcony was absolutely spectacular. Of course the rooms are small, the hotel was built 200 years ago, but the rooms are extremely modern and comfortable. Electronic door locks, flatscreen TV, very well appointed bathroom amenities, modern furniture and a good number of power outlets (not in the bathroom however, which seemed to be common in the other hotels we stayed in Europe). And quiet! The windows/doors were double glazed, and the room was really quiet. It was surprising to open the doors to go out to the balcony and realise how noisy it was outside. The staff were very helpful and had no issues with regards speaking in English (though I tried attempting French). Lucie really helped us get settled on the first day, she also helped me arrange flowers for the room for our Anniversary to surprise my wife, she helped explain the Metro and navigating around, and they were able to arrange a Yellow Van for us to get us to the airport when we checked out. Nothing seemed too much effort. The Hotel is a 20 min casual stroll from the Eiffel Tower, about 10 mins from Les Invalides, and 5 mins from the Ecole Militaire Metro Station. Very convenient location. We would definitely stay there again and they really helped make our visit to Paris a special event.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mgebbie

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

If we helped you to celebrate a nice 10th anniversary in Paris, I'm proud of that!

We try to do the best for our customers and it is always a pleasure to receive good feedback.

We hope to see you here for your next anniversary.

regards

Reviewed 14 July 2008

Wow - where to start? It is an excellent hotel, and the best value hotel I have used in Paris. I've been visiting Paris for 20 years and this is the best hotel (but not the most expensie) I've stayed in.

Excellent location in a pleasant, quiet but very central area. Close to metro, but you can walk to many places in central Paris from the hotel. You can also stock up on mineral water, fruit, bread etc in shops nearby.

The hotel is very stylish, in fact I'd say it is sophisticated - I got the impression that someone with an interior design background has been involved in this or they've paid a lot to get a good professional designer in. The room I stayed in was very nicely decorated and furnished - in fact better than most 4 star hotels I have stayed in. Everything was perfect, including the choice of paint colour on the woodwork and the inspired striped carpet! The lighting was unusually good - with all the lights on it was bright enough for me to read by, I'm really sick of dismal rooms when you turn the lights on full and you still can't read.

Reception staff spoke fluent English, were efficient, friendly, and more approachable and helpful than I have found before in a Paris hotel. The breakfast serving staff were great also - good English, friendly, helpful. I'm not one for asking a lot of questions of reception staff, but I noticed some other English speaking guests doing so and the receptionist was really helping with advice, hints etc. Both check-in and check-out were rapid.

The reason I booked here and not another place? Fire safety. I have a thing about it, and, being English, despair of why such an advanced country as France doesn't have the same standards we insist on in hotels in the UK. I only book Paris hotels if there are smoke detectors, which rules a lot of them out! And there are mains-wired detectors, and alarms, in the public areas - so I felt safe. But there didn't seem to be a smoke detector or alarm in my room. I was disappointed about this - I had read on some website (maybe not the hotel one, but one of the many that carry details about hotels) that there were smoke detectors or alarms in each room. If there was a detector or alarm in my room I could not find it. However, I would stay again - it's well built, and as well as the public areas coverage there was a sturdy fire door to segregate the bit of corridor my room was in from the rest of the corridor, and so I felt entirely safe. (PS I wish reviewers on tripadvisor would comment on this feature - a couple of years ago I stayed in a very positively reviewed Paris Hotel that I thought was a death-trap, with no smoke detectors or alarms - and yet there were dozens of people who'd written how nice the receptionists were! Hotels like this one, that invest in safety, should be acknowledged for this).

Good quality flat screen tv with reasonable range of channels. A great view of the Eiffel Tower, shimmering and glittering. On a reasonably busy road but not too bad, and the double (or is it triple?) glazing highly effective. Good plumbing, in fact very good - easy to get the temperature balance right, and a proper shower screen (which you don't always get in Paris).

I stay in hotels quite a lot, and this one was unusually clean. There is not even a hint of limescale build-up anywhere in the bathroom, and no dust. You get the impression that someone obsessive about quality is involved in running this hotel. Attention to detail is everywhere.

I didn't use it, but there was a laptop with internet access and checking it briefly it seemed to be working okay. Oh, and whilst it's a newspaper I abhor and never buy because it attacks my home city (Liverpool), the English newspaper The Guardian was stocked. Nice for those English liberals, public servants and Liverpool-haters out there.

Bed comfortable - I prefer a firm mattress and found it ok, not as hard as I like at home, but a good hard hotel firm. If I stay somewehre with a soft mattress I usualy end up sleeping on the floor, but no such problem here. I slept very well.

Noise between rooms was a bit of a mystery to me so hard to judge after just one stay of just one night. Generally I think it's very good indeed - for an old building excellent. However, the doors close noisily and someone staying in a room close to me came back late and seemed to open and close the door a lot......the hall lights (movement activated?) may have confused them, I don't know. It woke me up. But no noise of neighbouring bathrooms (which is common in old converstions) or of TVs, which makes me think the sound insulation is good. I think if you are noise-phobic (as I am, as well as being fire-phobic and rudeness-phobic) you will probably get on well with this hotel.

What can be improved?

The quality of breakfast was acceptable but a bit disappointing for the price (12 euro) despite the lovely staff. Coffee in particular was a let-down - murky and just quite not good enough. I mainly stay in English hotels, where the quality of coffee has come on hugely in recent years, and sadly Paris hotels (this one is not alone) aren't quite there with coffee at the moment. Choice of food very limited. Just not quite good enough for the money. Okay, don't be put off, it's not a deal-breaker, but I think it could be improved. Served in a lovely stone room.

The minibar prices are not at all good! 2.50 for a packet of crisps!!!!!!!!!! (chips to Americans). I know all hotels charge a lot for minibars, but with the pound-exchange rate being so bad, it just hurt as I arrived hungry and raided the mini-bar! Lots of little shops nearby, so don't make my mistake!

So there are two things that I think might be improved, but obviously everything comes at a price, and the price for the room was excellent, so I won't complain too loudly.

At last I have found a hotel in Paris I really like, and feel comfortable and safe in that doesn't cost a fortune! Whoever is repsonsible for all this, well done and thank you.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank L878765

Hello,

I love to read such comments, it makes my day.
As I've already said to other customers, I was worried about the result of the renovation. We employed an architect but it was hard to imagine the result so I'm happy you enjoyed the new style of the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel.

Also, thank you for noticing the work of the staff, we try to do our best.

About the security system, it was checked just before the renovation and let me tell you that it is difficult to do everything the government asks for! But we did what we had to and I understand it is important for customers.

I'm glad you wrote about the work of the maids, it is a hard job and they do it very well. Annie, the person in charge of all the cleaning ladies checks their work everyday.

However, I disagree with you about the breakfast, I don't think you will find a place in Paris where you have bacon, eggs, ham, croissants, pastries, bread, 4 types of cereals, marmalade, cheese, yogurts, juices for less than 12 €. An expresso in a bar in Paris costs at least 2.50 € so, what else?

But anyway, your comment is excellent and I want to thank you. All the team would like customers like you all the time.

Reviewed 9 July 2008

We loved being so close to the Eiffel Tower. We had 2 nights in Paris with our 4 year old son and just wanted to be near a place he'd hopefully remember. The hotel was very comfortable and we had a corner room on the second floor that was a nice size, We had booked a double superior room and made sure that the reception knew we were traveling with a four year old. I was expecting a folding bed in the room but found that there was a port a crib instead (like a long pack-n-play). I was concerned that it would be too small but our son just fit in. Since it was directly in front of the window where you could see the Eiffel Tower, and because he was so tired, he had no trouble sleeping there. Neither did we, the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was terrific and separate toilet were great for our stay. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Our room was not available when we got in around 11am but she told us to return around 12:30 or 1:30. We were able to walk directly to the Eiffel Tower - 10 to 15 minutes - and go directly up. It was fabulous and when we returned the room was ready and we were able to take a nap. Unfortunately, we had a problem with the airport shuttle. It was easy arranging it and finding it. We paid 51 euros for 3 people and gave the driver 60 Euro. While we were taking a nap, reception called and said the shuttle company said we only paid 40 Euro. While they eventually said that they would let it drop, it was not a great experience. Otherwise, the hotel was very nice with a good location.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family

Hello,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope your son will remember his trip in Paris

However, I apologize for the shuttle, we have never had such trouble with them.

Hope to see you again with your son!

Reviewed 4 July 2008

We booked this hotel after reading reviews from the Trip Advisor website, especially from families. We stayed with a three year old and a 7 month old in a cot as well as seven pieces of luggage, so although we were a bit cramped, that was largely due to our circumstances. The room was just beautiful with a very comfy bed indeed. Everything was spotless and although we werent considered as being in a room with a 'view' when we opened our window and looked out to the right, there was the Tower in all its glory - a very special added benefit! We've stayed in several hotels in Paris over the years and rate this as the best one yet.

All the staff are VERY accommodating, VERY friendly and helpful especially with children, from reception to the lovely lady who gave me hot water for the baby every morning. The location is second to none, around the corner from Rue Cler and walking distance for a picnic on the lawn under the Tower.

I cant recommend this hotel enough although would almost like to keep it my little secret so it isnt booked out the next time I want to go there! With so many super-small and average yet expensive rooms in Paris, anyone deciding to stay there is making the right decision!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Nattie75

Hi,

Thank you, it is always nice to have positive feedback.

Estelle who works at the front desk loves children and I remember she talked about you and she said you were how much you were nice.

We all hope to see you again here/