“Good location and clean”

Hotel Chateaudun Opera
Ranked #1,062 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The hotel is not far from Gare du Nord. The reception is very welcoming and helpful.
The room is clean, spacious and warm. Furniture looked nice.
I phoned the reception for a couple of quick room service meals and these were very good and well presented.
The location is perfect. Close to the Galerie la Fayette (for shopping) e L'Opera. Also close to the train station that can take you directly to Versailles. While Eiffel tower and Arc du Triomphe are far and you need to take a taxi.
I went room only, breakfast was extra, but I never tried it.
I would go to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
ArcAvenuesHotels, Chargé de communication at Hotel Chateaudun Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Sir / Madam,

We sincerely thank you for the kindness of your comment and have stayed in our hotel.
The team at the hotel Chateaudun Opera wish you an excellent return.

Kind regards,

The Direction

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Just returned from long weekend in this hotel. From the reviews I was feeling a bit wary. Yes the lift is very small, the rooms bit dated. On the plus side staff were polite and helpful, good choice for breakfast. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and you could open the windows. There was always plenty of hot water and the location was superb for getting to the sights. This hotel provides everything you need ( albeit basic in some people's eyes ) to see Paris easily and comfortably.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Cathy C
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The hotel is very small indeed, and the hallways and the lift are narrow, but to my nice surprise, the room was clean, there was a big comfortable bed, the bathroom was up to standard, too (big and clean, with all amenities included). Yes, the furniture and the carpet aren't exactly up to the latest fashion trends, but c'mon -if you are searching for luxury,why don't you go straight to the Hilton?? I would definitely stay there again,although two years ago the prices were much lower than what I'm seeing now.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Darina M
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We, a family of two adults, two teenagers and two children, stayed at this hotel for four nights. We arrived very late, due to flightcomplications and we didn't exactly get what we expected. Instead of a room with 3 beds, we got a SMALL, very hot room with one small bed and mildew on the ceiling. The staffmember said that I had only booked a room for one person, not three persons and showed something on his computer that I didn't quite get since it was in french. When I came home I checked my onlinereservation and it clearly stated that I had ordered a room for 3 people. He acctually expected that we stayed in that horrible room for the night. Good luck fitting two adults and a child in a 120 cm bed. Finally we got an additionalroom after some quarrelling.

One big minus was the lack of minibars or eve a vending machine in the hotel. We were deadthirsty when we arrived. The staffmember gave us a bottle of water for free, thanks for that..

The rooms were shabby and not at all like the pictures but clean (enough).

The elevator deserves a chapter of it's own. Never saw a smaller elevator and the halls were very narrow two. I'm certain that the safety on this hotel is not up to date!

Location, location, location.. What can I say, this hotel is almost perfectly located and is the only reason to why one should pick this hotel! We had a room on the top floor and could acctually see the sacre cour cathedral from the window.

Staff was helpful, except from one guy, the one who wanted us to stay in the small, creepy room.

I understand that the hotelstandard in Paris is poor but this is NOT a 3* hotel! We stayed in an acctual 3* hotel in Norway on our way to Paris and that hotel was a palace compared to hotel ce chateaudune..

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank cbpils
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I stayed here for a couple of days on my own whilst on some personal business. I found the rooms adequate but nothing special. It was clean and bedding was changed daily with nice crisp bed linen. It is situated on a fairly busy road so if you are the front then you need to keep the double glazing closed for sound insulation.

ONE BIG PLUS... when I left Paris I actually left my laptop in the room... I only realised on the train to Amsterdam so I called them immediately. They found my laptop and posted it back to me within a few days for no charge! The hotel may be average but I can 100% vouch for the honesty of the staff. Many thanks!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Gmuzza
dirchambellanmorgane, Chargé de communication at Hotel Chateaudun Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

It will be a pleasure to welcome you in our hotel.

We are managing different kind of little issues to enhance our quality.

So we hope thate for your next trip we will be able to offer you the best room as the more honest staff.

Best regard,

Hotel Châteaudun Opera

Reviewed 20 January 2011

bad :
- lift too small not even enough for 2 ppl + 2 luggages
- corridor is too small for an adult and luggages
- breakfast is horrible only few choice, service of the breakfast lady is bad.. impolite & not helpful
- breakfast serving hour from 7-10 am , the lady start closing the breakfast area from 9 am . what the hack!
- always forget to clean up the room
- right on top of metro . i was living at 1st floor and you could hear every single train pass by in the room.

good :
- very convenient (metro exit just outside the hotel !)
- overall is clean
- only the white lady has good manner.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I was in Paris for Bastille Day with my father and we stayed in this hotel.It is very central and all the main tourist sites (Champs Elysees,Concorde,Louvre)bar the Eiffel Tower were easily accessible via metro.The staff were very nice and helpful.The hotels corridors were kind of tight but the rooms were very clean and what prompted me to write this review was other guests claiming that the hotel is dirty.I completely disagree with these claims as my stay was a pleasant one.My only complaints would be that my balcony was littered with cigarettes and that you could hear the guests in the other rooms although I have had the same problem in a four star hotel in Ireland so its not an unusual fault.If I was to stay in Paris again I would have no hesitation in booking this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010