“Value for money”

Ranked #1,051 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Perth, Australia
“Value for money”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Good location as its only a couple of minutes walk to the Metro. So, once there, you can pretty well get anywhere. Room was small but everything was very clean and well maintained. Had own balcony which was a bonus. Meant that you could get fresh air into the room. Double glazing meant that it was pretty quiet, even though the rooms are facing the street.

Only disadvantage was that if you wanted to go somewhere nice for dinner (and close) choice was limited. It's a little bit out of the touristy area as well, which is both an advantage and a disadvantage.

Room Tip: I'd say that most of the rooms would be similar as its only a small hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Slovak first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a typical Paris hotel, you know- the kind where you and maybe your luggage can fit in the elevator, you have to push the button in the hall to get the light to work for a few seconds, the room is a bit bigger than you are, etc.

But it is in a very nice location, 10 minute walk to Galleries Lafayette and the Opera (the classic one!). There are two Metro stations within a few minutes walk. There is air condition that works in the room, also good internet and a clean bathroom/shower in the room as well. That's not taken for granted in Paris hotels!

The breakfast was nice, the staff VERY friendly (also not a Paris tradition :-)) and helpful and the price was more than reasonable for a hotel of this level and in this location. I'd definitely go

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 25 September 2013

one of the smallest lobby i´ve seen so far. not so professional staff but helpful and kind. smallest elevator in paris?? slow and jumpy with space for one big or two small persons. luggage??no way! going out in the corridor was a kindof experience. approx 1 meter wide only! but inside the room it waaas absolutely very good, small yes, but nice decoration, lights and tapestry, wool, cotton and cosy. bathroom in the same way and clean, fresh with good odour.a small french balcony, hard beds but not uncomfortable. wifi free!! that´s important. Listen and learn in australia and USA!! breakfast was a minimum. 1 piece of ham per person and same goes with the cheese. no warm food more than the coffee. but with a couple of sandwiches and croissants you can survive also. location very good. close to the opera and just 15 min to louvren etc. quite expensive but thats paris!
all in all good and within the frm of acceptance

Room Tip: suffering from claostrophobia, choose other place!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Only after booking this hotel for 2 nights, I checked out the reviews on this page. While reading the -mainly negative- reviews, I got very disappointed: the rooms were scruffy, the breakfast cheap, the location noisy, etc... Worst case scenarios crossed my mind!

As already been said in previous reviews, the hotel is in complete renovation. At first sight, it actually DOES look bad. But all my prejudices disappeared when the friendly staff welcomed us and when we saw our room. It was very clean, modern and not even small! We slept very good (we had a room on the third floor) although there is indeed a lot of noise (maybe not so practical when you have to leave the windows open in summer). The location is perfect: thanks to the subway, you cross Paris in a few minutes. We were astonished by its efficiency!

Only "negative" thing: breakfast was maybe too simple. We could take as much as we wanted, but the croissants came obviously from the supermarket and even if we came in early, a lot of the -already scanty- food was gone. I think you can have better brunches outside the hotel.

Conclusion: I definitely recommend this hotel!

(For a more detailed review, check the comment below mine. I totally agree with it, except for its breakfast and theft part).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xSegolicious
United States
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We were a group of 4 travelers that stayed at this hotel March 26-April 2, 2013. The hotel is currently undergoing renovation so there is construction going on and the windows in the rooms are blocked on the outside by large sheets of plastic so you cannot open up your windows at all to get any views of outside and you cannot see outside either because the plastic sheeting is not clear/see through. So if you can get past not being able to see out or open your windows then don't let this bother you. It did not bother us at all.

First of all I would like to say the Hotel staff is very nice and friendly and they are more than willing to help you with directions to places, how to take the Metro and give you advice on which routes to get you there. If you don't speak French the staff working at the front desk do speak English so don't be worried about not being able to get the kind of help you need.

The rooms are really small and tiny and yes the elevator is small only room for 2 average size people to fit in and maybe one medium/large suitcase. So you will have to make a few trips up and down in the elevator if you come with a larger group of people and luggage like I did. I see a lot of people complaining about this, but Hey, that is Europe and if you think your coming to a country with huge rooms/hallways/elevators etc.. then you are sadly mistaken. This is not unique to just this hotel. All of Europe is pretty much like this so you have to just deal with it.. I visited another fancier hotel in Paris in the St. Germain De Pres neighborhood during our stay, the Hotel St. Germain and their cheapest room was $225 Euros a night and the most expensive was $550 Euros a night and they also had super small rooms and tiny hallways so knocking this hotel which is much much cheaper because of the size of their rooms and elevator and hallways is just not fair.

The rooms are really really nice, very modern and the bathrooms are large given the small size of the room. My 15 year old daughter and her best friend had a room with a double bed and their room was actually much larger than the small room I had with my friend that had twin beds in it. Someone in another review complained about the twin beds being so close to each other they touched.. well MOVE the beds apart...... The twin beds can be moved apart so move them!!

The free breakfast in the morning was superb!!! Very plentiful and you can take as much as you want, given the cost of food in Paris, stock up on the free breakfast and eat as much as you like, they also don't seem to mind if you take a few croissants away for later on.. They have a variety of cheeses, crackers, croissants, breads, pastries, hard boiled egss, juice, coffee, cold cereal.

Please utilize the safes they have in each room to store your passports and money!!!! I would stress this is very very important. I would have given this hotel 5 stars but during our trip my daughter's best friend had $50 Euros and a Visa gift card stolen out of her wallet from the room. The hotel staff really did nothing to investigate much about who stole it. I am sure it was the cleaning person that came into the room but all they did was just ask the women and took it no further than that.. I had been holding onto all the money during the trip for the teens but one day we went out shopping in the morning and we came back to drop off the stuff we bought and the one teen left her wallet laying right on the bed and she had $50 Euro bill in the wallet her school ID and the Visa gift card. We left the hotel and I did not realize that she had left the wallet back in the room, when we came back that night about 8:30pm she opened up her wallet which was still on the bed and the only thing left in her wallet was her High School ID card. When we told the hotel front desk staff about the missing money and Visa gift card their first questions was if we had called the Police to report it. I thought that was kind of odd, as I did not realize that we were supposed to call the Police ourselves. We reported it the next morning as we were all exhausted from the day, we knew the hotel cleaning staff was already gone and even if we mentioned something to the staff that night we knew there was nothing they could do until the morning anyways when the cleaning staff returned to the hotel. So as much as the hotel is nice and wonderful and I would definitely stay there again, do NOT leave money in the room unless you have it locked up in the safe during the day when you are gone. You also MUST leave your room key with the staff when you leave for the day, you are not allowed to take it with you so just make sure to always either have your money valuables like this on you during the day when you are out and about or keep them locked in the safe.

This hotel is only 2 Metro stops from the Pigalle district where the Moulin Rouge is and 3 metro stops on the #12 Metro line from Montemarte where Sacre Coeur Church is so it is located in a wonderful spot in Paris, it's away from the hustle and bustle of central Paris and where all the very expensive restaurants and food is. You can walk down the street to a corner grocery store and get food there very cheaply if you want to eat cheap.

If this is your first time coming to Paris the Metro system is amazing and so well organized. The hotel is a few steps away from the "Notre Dame De Lorrette" stop on the Number 12 Metro line and you can get anywhere in Central Paris on the Metro. We purchased the 6 day Paris Pass and walked 15 mins to the office to pick it up. It's very close to the hotel. The Paris Pass gives you unlimited rides on the Metro for whatever duration you have purchased the pass for. We were there for 7 nights so we purchased the 6 day Paris Pass. Use the Metro system, if you can read a Map you will NOT get lost.. the Hotel has very nice portable Metro Maps to give you and it is super easy.

Overall I LOVED my stay at this quaint little hotel. There are only 30 rooms in the hotel. I am definitely going back to Paris and will stay at this hotel again. I LOVED the location, and for the price you just cannot beat it. Perfect, Perfect. Perfect!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank tpadul
Matthews
Reviewed 5 March 2013

A group of family members rented 5 rooms for a week in January 2013. My room was so small my sister and I had to leave our suitcases open on the floor. There was no dresser or shelves for unpacking, and only one suitcase stand. The twin beds were fine, but so close together they touched. My side of the bed didn't have a nightstand so I had to put my water, watch, book, etc., on the floor. After flying all night and making my (non-French-speaking) way from the airport via bus, I was dismayed to find myself locked out of the hotel. This happened one other time. Apparently when the desk clerk needs a break they lock the front door. Clerks were friendly enough and room was clean enough. This is the typical small Parisian hotel, but without the charm of some. The hotel is taking over the abutting space and there was construction noise and dust. Lying in bed, one could also hear/feel the metro rumbling as it passed beneath the hotel. I wouldn't stay there again, but it wasn't a terrible experience.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ladytraveler49022
Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 February 2013

The elevator that took us to the 6th floor of the building was very small - two persons and two bags was all it could take! Fortunately the room was more comfortable. We stayed in a nice and clean room on the top floor of the hotel, located in a quiet area in the Montmartre district. Later in the evening there are no shops opened where to buy a snack or a drink. Continental breakfast in the basement was simple but sufficient.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple