All reviewsbonne nouvelledifferent metro linesnearest metroenjoyed our stayspoke good englishlate at nightstayed for nightsair conditioningbathtubearplugsneighborhood
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I booked this hotel for a weekend through the eurostar website as a combined rail and hotel deal because it received 3 stars and good customer reviews. Unfortunately, two of us were staying at the hotel, arriving from different cities, but the eurostar booking site does not allow you to change the number of rail travellers versus those staying at the hotel so two additional international . call from my mobile were required to clarify matters. (During the evening, the staff to no speak English so I was kindly asked to ring back in the morning.) Despite extending the courtesy of advising the hotel, there was still confusion upon check-in. After paying an additional 102 euros for two nights, we were allowed to check in.

In the room itself, the refrigertor/mini-bar was unplugged and did not work, there was no shower or curtain, which means the staff fully expected that the shower extension would cause the water to spill all over the floor. This, of course, explains why we were provided with approximately 8 bath towels for our weekend stay.

We were asked to move rooms after the first night because "work was being undertaken on our room." This is understandable as repairs are occasionally required at short notice; however, we were moved to a room that was smaller and immediately adjacent to an unacceptably noisy stairwell.

The worst part of this hotel, however, was not the four euro tax I was charged at check-out, which I was told was not included in the rate I thought I pre-paid with eurostar, or the absence of the minimar which meant you had to purchase water and all other means of soda and snacks from a vending machine in the lobby for extortionate rates, it was the bed bugs I regularly found and felt crawling on my arms and face throughout the night. I am not familiar enough with the varieties of critters to clearly define the types, but I can say with certainty that I recognise at least three types (i.e., little green ones with slightly long torsos, smaller, rounder brown ones, and the biggest were light brown long ones. All in all , an army of critters which fell from the ceiling, appeared on pillows, and which I otherwise just decided to ignore if I planned to get any sleep at all. After all, I was in Paris...

Room Tip: Rooms near the stairwell are incredibly noisy despite the double doors. Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank MaribelQ
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Have to agree with Fabrizio F, there were definitely bed bugs!
Both I and my partner saw them!

Smelliest bath I've ever seen, I couldn't even sit in it with my legs stretched out and I'm not the tallest of guys.

The phone in our room, 301 didn't work. There was no remote for the tv. Minibars were not stocked at all; any reason to have a mini fridge in the room that's a, not plugged in and b, empty?!

We had 2 rooms, 204 and 301 the cleanliness in both leaving A LOT to be desired.

Yeh you get what you pay for, but this hotel needs a lot of improvement to justify its 3 stars

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PanamahatT
Reviewed 24 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My family (2 adults/2 kids) loved this little hotel. My husband had only spent one day there and didn't know were to stay so we booked through eurostar. The only negative was the area but that was it. When we showed up at 10am with a 2pm check-in, the room was ready but it wasn't a problem. We stored the luggage in a side room and after getting great ideas on where to go from the wonderful clerk, we were on our way to a wonderful day. Once we got back to our room around 11pm, our luggage was already in our room. The beds were so comfortable and clean as was the rest of the hotel that we saw. I loved this place and would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Amelia S
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I don't know what is up with the reviews made below.
This is a small and cozy hotell located not far from Montmartre and the heart of the city.
Inexpensive accomodation, though not at all cheap or low standard. The staff is nice, and my guess is that any 'rudeness' is due to language barriers. Also, a little French goes a long way, and that is true for Paris in general.
Breakfast was as expected for a 3-star hotel: A selection of juices; milk; coffee, and tea. Cereal, yogurt, marmelade, baguettes, croissant (plain and choclate), baguettes and eggs, meat and cheese.

Our room was located on the first floor, facing the street but it wasn't busy or loud at all. In general the area is quite nice, we found lots of good bistros and restaurants 3-10 mins walking distance, and also many 2-5 stops on the metro in different directions. At first it seemed the hotel was far from the stations, but it's actually well connected; lines 4, 7, 8 and 12 within walking distance (which all have tranfers to the other lines). Gare du Nord and RER-train 10 mins away.

All in all very pleased with the hotel - I would go back.
Remember, this is not a chain hotel but an independent hotel with European standard.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple